Sore Loser

Sore Loser
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Face pressed into the pillow, drooling a little, the man with a mesh of faded blue pink hair sticking in every angle possible snaps out of his slumber when his phone rings on the third second.

 

“Hello?!” he answers with his hoarse voice.

 

“He took an earlier flight back, he’s arriving at Incheon in… an hour’s time.” not answering his hello the deep voice on the other side of the phone bleeds through.

 

“! I’ll be there, asap!” Jung Daehyun picked himself up in world record speed, rushing to the toilet to brush his teeth and wash his face, throws on a jacket not even bothering to change out from his sweatpants he wore to sleep last night, he’s got a model to catch.

 

By the time he arrived at the airport, pulling up his car in the basement parking, he curses himself for not putting on something more decent, but lucky for him he always keeps some surgical masks in the car, and pulling out a pair of shades a certain someone left on here the last time he gave him a ride, he left for the arrival hall after checking himself in the mirror thrice.

 

Daehyun fidgets a little while waiting, looking up the screen displaying the arriving flights and down on his phone again. Himchan texted him the flight number a few minutes before, he kept tabs of which flight had landed until he sees the one he’s waiting for.

 

He looks around, a few reporters with cameras can be spotted, the model is not like those idol groups who have fleets of fangirls coming after their to photograph them but he does see a few that can be recognized as fans who received the news of the model’s arrival and had their phones ready to catch some actions.

 

After dwindling for maybe around half an hour he sees another batch of passengers that exits the arrival gate, Daehyun search for that one he had been waiting for in the crowd until he sees a pale, buttoned nose, cherry lips boy dressed in khaki trench coat and skinny jeans. The said boy walked out with a long woven scarf around his face, pulling a luggage almost half his height behind him, smiling, greeting some of the fans that greeted him, accepting some letters and small gifts from them before bidding them goodbye.

 

Daehyun watches from the side waiting for him to be done, he walks up to him when he gets closer, not saying anything the other male just looks at him with a neutral expression as he takes over the luggage the model was pulling behind without uttering a single syllable.

 

The model lets out a silent unheard sigh and just trails after Daehyun.

 

Daehyun lounges the luggage into the car trunk, makes his way to the driver’s seat and starts the car, the other male already buckled up in the passenger's looking straight into nothing. He starts the car and starts moving back to where he came from in the morning.

 

After a long bleeding silence that felt like a decade, the other male breaks it.

 

“Himchan?” He asked.

 

“Hmm..” Daehyun hummed in response, “He called me this morning.”

 

“ supposed to pick me up…”

 

“Youngjae… you know he’ll always let me know when you’re back…” Daehyun breaths.

 

The silence continues until they reach the house. Youngjae pulls out his keys from his back pocket unlocking the front door, Daehyun behind him pulling the luggage with him.

 

Youngjae walks out from his bedroom not even a minute after he went in.

 

“You slept here again.” Not questioning but a statement.

 

“You do keep the spare keys in an obvious place.” Daehyun shrugs.

 

“That’s not a reason for you to always be sleeping at my place Dae.”

 

“Well you’re gonna be gone for weeks! I’m doing some housekeeping for you okay? Be grateful! Plus you know damned well why I sleep here everytime you’re gone.” Daehyun exerts as he slowly proceeds to winding his arms around the petite waist from the back, burying his face into Youngjae’s nape inhaling deeply the scent he had missed for the past few weeks.

 

They stayed in silence for a brief moment, “I missed you Jae-ah.” Daehyun muffles out.

 

Youngjae bites the side of his cheek, not directly responding to Daehyun. He pulls away from the warmth in a moment, entangling those muscular arms circling him, he walks back into his bedroom and settles down to start unpacking.

 

Daehyun lets out an exasperated sigh and trails after the younger male, sitting down helping him with the task quietly.

 

“Don’t you have a gig tonight?” Youngjae asks, after putting in the last piece of his dirty clothings into the washing machine.

 

“I got Suwoong to cover for me. You’re back I’ll stay with you- You know I have a gig tonight?”

 

“Just go, I’m fine on my own Dae, I’m not some 6 years old.”

 

“Why are you so- like this-”

 

“I’m just saying Dae… it’s what you like doing, just go… Don’t miss the gig just because of me… I have somewhere to be tonight anyways.” Youngjae frowns, not very pleased with Daehyun’s reaction.

 

Daehyun doesn’t answer back, he just stares down at Youngjae, not knowing what to even say, millions of words wanting to burst out of his chest but he could not utter a single word.

 

Youngjae knows that look, he knows Daehyun is at the verge of bursting again, he lets out a breath and take a few steps forward, taking Daehyun’s hand into his, calming him a little in the process, he always have this effect on Daehyun.

 

“I just don’t want you to miss the gig okay Dae… we can spend time together later anyways… I have a break now except a few photoshoots but I won’t be leaving the country in the next 3 months. You know the show is only best when you’re singing.” Youngjae reasons his friend while rubbing circles into his hand.

 

“Fine… I’m only going because you ask me to. And. I am taking your spare keys with me. I’ll see you tonight.” Defeated, he can never say no to the younger male after all.

 

“You always do whatever you want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter