Reunion Part 1

Golden Thread
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashback:


"Hello.. is he awake?"

"Ohh uonni.. 3rd time you are calling in the last half an hour. Don't worry. Tan is still sleeping. Once he woke up I will feed him his formula and then we both will go to the garden." 

"Don't be la...te " 

"Yeah yeah we won't be late. We will come before sunset and I will call donghae oppa. Now don't think about us. What about there? She is coming no?" 

" yeah, she will be here any minute. I just hope everything goes well" 

"Don't worry uonni.. everything will go perfectly.  She won't be able to save herself from my uonni's charm. Like Jin oppa, she will see your heart and everything will go perfectly."

Hyeyeon smiled meekly. Poured water in her barely filled glass to its full and drank it trying to calm her mind. 

She looked around to check the ambience of the restaurant. It has decent aesthetic vibe matching her simplicity. Same with her dress, she adjusted collar of her chickenkari white blouse which she matched up today with black knee length pleated skirt, hoping that her mother-in-law would like it. 

She opened her black hand bag to check the photos she brought with her. She heard footsteps and her hands freezed for a second. Her heartbeat paced thinking about random outcomes of this meet. She closed her eyes breathed out air to calm herself down.  Smile appeared on her face when she imagined Jin's happy face. 

It wasn't her first time, she has been in contact with Mrs. Kwon since last 2 years. Initially she faced opposition from Mrs. Kwon but later she successfully won her heart and now today she came to seoul with Jin and sneaked out to meet Mrs. Kwon hoping for a reunion of family.

She had patience and always held onto the ray of hope but how could she forget the days and months of consistent efforts to reach out to kwon, everytime she used to get new adjective. It used to make her feel weak. She remembered Jin's smile, it gave her strength and she turned towards the person.

A lady in her 60's, in baby pink dress entered the hallway. Her shoulder length hair were gray but neatly combed and styled with a pearl clip above her right ear.

She looked at Hyeyeon bit hesitantly, fluttered her eyes supposedly to contain the water in it. As she took steps towards the table, hyeyeaon stood up. Her breathing normalised as she noticed warmth on the lady's face. A smile appeared on her face which equally resonated on the lady's face. Their eyes met and they both let the tears flow freely. 

As Mrs. Kwon reached near to Hyeyeon, she tried to bow showing respect but Mrs. Kwon stopped her by holding her shoulders. Mrs. Kwon knew what was going on. Like numerous times before, even now Hyeyeon was about to apologize her. 

For 2 years Mrs. kwon observed Hyeyeon. Her efforts to reunite kwon family were dismissed in the start. But she consistently tried from her side. Humiliation, unwantedness, ignorance she endured everything.  She used to call daily on landline telephone  in kwon's villa at 2 pm. After neglecting for some days, finally Mrs. Kwon started talking to Hyeyeon. Hyeyeon could feel her anger her frustration. Her wife duties killed the mother inside her. She lost her dear son to a girl who came into his life for merely a year. Hyeyeon wanted that mother to win. She wanted her to have his son in her life forever. 

She used to share Jin's daily routine with her. How he still put his work before his health and she always has to nag him to eat properly. How he still sleeps with wet hair after bath and usually catches cold. How he still like to have warm milk before sleeping. Both had a common favourite topic 'JIN' . As time passed Mrs. Kwon befriended with Hyeyeon and 2pm turned the best hour of her day.

Mrs. Kwon shared her recipes with Hyeyeon so Jin can enjoy his favourite food. She helped Hyeyeon with many tricks which helped her to manage daily household work. They gossiped about kwon relatives and unknowingly Hyeyeon became part of the family. But this was all virtually. Jin was completely unaware about their friendship. 

One day when she was on call with Mrs. Kwon and Jin came home. Hyeyeon insisted her to talk to jin but she declined. It seemed like they both have forgotten the past but the bitterness between mother and son was still there. Instead of keeping call on hold she kept it connected. Mrs. Kwon heard Jin playing around Hyeyeon, his boisterous voice was showing his happiness. The way he was sharing all the details about his day with Hyeyeon, Mrs. Kwon could feel their love.

She realized rejecting Hyeyeon was the biggest mistake they have made. Hyeyeon was a warm soul. Her love actually made Jin's life happier. This was enough for a mother to see his son happily living his life but not for a daughter-in-law. 

Hyeyeaon was young when she lost her mother. As she had taeyeon, she has to take a role of provider and missed being loved by someone. Jin came into her life and filled it with love. But the bond she shared with Mrs. Kwon. It was different. It has its own importance, its own place in her heart. She started seeing her mother in Mrs. Kwon. As much as she wanted to reunite Jin and his mother, she also wanted to have a bit share of that motherly love for herself.

Mrs. Kwon took a seat opposite to Hyeyeon. Though they were talking on phone, this physical meeting was indeed awkward.


"Can I call you omoni?" Hyeyeon asked timidly to break the gloominess. To which Mrs. Kwon smiled and nodded.
Again moment succumbed to silence. This time Mrs. Kwon broke the ice.

"you are as beautiful as your voice Hyeyeon" they both looked at each other and again smiled. 
"Your son has a decent choice omoni" Hyeyeon blushed while tucking her hair behind the ear.
"Omoni, is this the one hair pin you bought when you went for shopping with gomo?" Hyeyeon asked referring to their telephone conversation.
"Ohh yes, it was on the day of Omani's birthday" Mrs. Kwon mentioned Jin's grandmother. 
" All family members gathered for her birthday, jiyong could not come because of his mid term exams" Mrs. Kwon stated carefully trying not to look sad. 

"Jin was also not their Omoni, you must have missed your both sons" Hyeyeon put finger on the long forgotten wound. 

Mrs. Kwon broke eye contact and look around trying to avoid the topic.
But heyeon was determined "Omoni..." She put her hand on Mrs. Kwon's. " omoni, I know you love him. I know you miss him. Then why you restrict yourself.l? He is your son. And he.. he also" 
" My son... he broke this relation long ago. He does not consider me his omma. One sided relationships only give birth to unrequited love, hyeyeaona. All your expectations will lead to sufferings. More and more sufferings. I'm happy with his happiness. Being his Omma, this much is enough for me."

" But omoni.." Hyeyeon tried to convince her.

" I have seen his pain. Yet I just ignored and tried to force him to live as per our wish. His appa and I, we could not be good parents to him. This is our punishment. I consider myself lucky that you approached me. Atleast I can see my son's happiness from afar. He is happy without us. I have accepted this fact. For all our wrong doings we are paying off." She wept in her sorrow. Hyeyeaon tightened her grip on Mrs. Kwon's hand and stated with determination 
"Not anymore"

----------------**-----------------

 

"Ahhhhhh why????" Taeyeon whined while checking her stained pant in the mirror. 

" Why it has to be today.. like this.. in front of Kwon jiyong.. really?? " She opened bathroom door letting out her frustration and walked in while stomping her legs.
New day, hell lot of work and her responsibilities were awaiting her. 
She dressed up for office and went in the kitchen for preparing Tan's breakfast. 

" Tan, have you found your tie?? Hurry up." Jiyong heared her screaming and came out of his room. His legs stoned up because of physical training.


 "do you want to stain the whole kitchen now?" He said nonchalantly while walking towards refrigerator. Taeyeon darted her eyes towards him and  and mumbled" Ignore Tae, you are on energy saving mode" a heavy sigh escaped trying to calm her nerves.


" this this... sigh... what kind of negativity you are holding onto? For God's sake can you take a break." Jiyong snatched knife from her hands and started cutting fruits.


" you are not allowed to do any work today" He stated with finality.
" jiyong please.. this is not a joke. I'm not in a mood for your petty fights.. I am.. " She couldn't finish her sentence as jiyong shoved a piece of apple in .

"What do you think, I'm interested to deal with you?"

"Jiyong.. " this time it was a strawberry.

" infact my quota is full for today.. I can not tolerate you anymore. I grant you a special leave. Please don't come to office and spread this frustration and negativity there"

" stop your nonsense " Taeyeon took the tiffin boxes and left kitchen while mumbling " what he thinks of himself, You are a boss so you think you can do anything in the world, who's gonna attend meeting with Mr.Lee, that network issue, who's gonna work for that. And if deadline misses,  who is going to be responsible for that, again they are free to say, SM staff is lazy, unprofessional. Look at these professional employees of YG, granting leaves like distributing fruits.. ahh" She threw things in her bag with each sentence. 

 

" I can hear you" jiyong chimed while plating breakfast on the table to which she glared at him and stomped towards tans room.

 

------------------*---------------------

 

Ting... 

Lift's door opened forcing jiyong to open his eye. He sighed audibly, his body still resting on one the walls of lift.

"Exercise my foot!!!!" Jiyong cursed moving his rock solid legs which were paining like hell. Every muscle of his body was stiffened like it will break in a moment if jiyong walks with his normal pace. 

He adjusted his tie and tried to act normal despite pain when he heard SM girls giggling.

It was passed 10.30 am still girls seemed busy in chit chat. He heard few loud laughter from daesung and few extra and definitely artificial laughter from seungri. Yeah yeah... So obvious. 

Banging his foot he entered gaining attention from everyone. Cleared his throat and everyone went back to their desks.. 

"Seems a bad morning???" Sunny blurted to which sooyoung followed  "and the bad day"

These girls are real pranksters, never leave any opportunity of pulling legs. Who would have imagined evil monsters residing behind these pretty faces. Jiyong chuckled thinking about one of the little monsters he had at his new home. Kim Taeyeon.

And bingo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter