Chapter Two

Finding Myself

The smell of fresh ground coffee hit my nose as I walk through the doors at the airport. Today is the day that I leave for Seoul and I  am shaking with anticipation. I know the flight will be long and tiring but I had always wanted to travel since I was young. Everyone seemed to be in a hurry as I approached security to check my baggage. I breathe in, looking around, while giving the security my ID and passport taking in my surroundings. I feel light and ready for the flight once my luggage is taken. The bright colors of the airport seem to only further my excitement. When approaching the boarding seats I notice all the shops around me. I spot a bookstore in a small corner shop with an older woman sweeping. There weren't very many customers approaching this shop and I decide that this is where I want to go. The smell of old books hit me first, familiar and soothing, then came the quiet. It was as peaceful as being in your own bed under the comforter with the smell of fresh laundry after a long day on your feet. I start browsing the shelves, brushing my fingertips against the books as I walk. A particular book captures my attention, The Little Prince written by Antoine De Saint Exupery. "The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or touched, They are felt with the heart," I say to myself. You see this is one of my favorite books and I realize that I left my copy with my parents. Suddenly I hear my flight called, I rush to the counter with the older woman and pay for my book, taking off and arriving just in time to board my flight.

 




 

 

I'm not going to lie the flight was terrible. The majority of the flight a child was crying and kicking my seat so I was unable to sleep. At one point I remember wishing for this to be over but after about 10 hours the kicking stopped. It seems the child fell asleep at last, leaving me sleeping for the remaining 7 hours of the flight. I woke only when the plane had landed and a flight attendant shook me awake. I stood drowsily pulling my bag from the compartment above me making my way to the exit. Only when I took a few steps off the plain did I remember where I was. It hit me with full emotion that I was finally where I had only dreamed of before. Tears welled in my eyes as I held them from falling. I just felt so happy and free for once in my life.

 

Authors note

Hey, guys, I decided a second chapter was needed right now. Sorry for them being so short and thanks for reading also feedback would be appreciated!