Chapter 15

New Start, Old Beginnings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun ended up staying most of the afternoon, however, this didn’t bother Alex too much.  He was a welcome distraction from thinking too hard about the coming weekend with Chanyeol.  They ordered food, and Baekhyun insisted on making her watch several episodes of some Anime she had never heard of, nor could she understand, so he narrated everything that happened all the way through.  The only entertaining part for her was Baekhyun putting on different voices for the different characters. 

At 6.50 pm her overnight bag was packed, she had double checked and tripled checked everything in her apartment to make sure it was switched off since she wouldn’t be back till sometime late on Sunday and with anxious nerves bubbling away making her stomach clench she made her way out of the apartment towards the elevator. 

She steadied her breath as the floors descended towards the lobby.  As the dial overhead showed they were slowing, she picked up her bag and strode out towards the main doors. 

The evening air was a little warmer than it had been, but it still sent a chill down her neck whenever the wind blew. 

She was a little unsure of herself as she stood on the side of the road.  Checking the time, it was 6.57, she wasn’t that early, but there was no one here yet.  Pulling her headphones out of her bag and plugging them into her phone to wait, the double glass doors behind her opened. 

She didn’t think much of it, the building was large, and people were always walking in and out, and Alex was not the kind of person that looked around at every insignificant noise. 

With her leg bouncing unconsciously, and her head filled with songs, she didn’t notice Chanyeol’s presence next to her. 

‘Alexandra,’ his deep voice murmured from above her.

Making a sound she had never heard come from her lips before she jumped, shocked that he was there.

‘Chanyeol,’ she gasped up at his soaring figure.  ‘You’re here.’

‘I’m here,’ he stated, stirring something deep in Alexandra’s memory, unnerving her further.  ‘Where else would I be?’ he asked her.  In the dim evening light, she couldn’t make out his features well, but his eyes were large, a complete contrast to how his eyes usually narrowed at her. 

She stumbled for something to say, her mind was going into overdrive.  ‘I-you-I–I didn’t know you were going in the same - at the same time.’ She managed to tell him, feeling naive. 

‘Save’s them money since we live in the same apartment block,’ he told her.  His voice was more even tonight, steady. 

‘Oh, I see,’ she replied.  She could sense the tension, yet they were both being extremely polite to each other. 

They didn’t have to wait too much longer before a large car, the size of a small van with black tinted windows pulled up for them.  Chanyeol didn’t wait for the driver to get out before he threw his bag into the back of the vehicle, opened the door on the side they were standing at, and walked around to the other side.  Alex stared blankly at the open door before she realised he had opened it for her.  The driver had stepped out by now, bowing deeply to her he took her bag from her as she climbed in. 

The seats inside were all separated from one another.  Chanyeol had climbed in the opposite side and chose the furthermost seat in the back.  She wasn’t sure where exactly she should sit but figuring for the size of the car, maybe they were picking more people up, so she chose the seat across from Chanyeol. 

Stealing a look over at him, he was untangling headphones from his bag and staring out the window.  She chose not to speak as she tried to make herself comfortable.  The driver climbed back in the front and spoke Korean in hushed tones to Chanyeol, who seemed to reply with monosyllables. 

They drove in silence for a while, she could hear the gentle hum of music coming from Chanyeol’s headphones as she watched the lights of Seoul whizz past them. 

She was beginning to lose herself in the pictures outside the window when Chanyeol spoke.

‘It’s just the three of us, you me and the driver.  He said we should be there in a few hours, depending on the traffic.’

His usually deep voice was even more husky than usual.  It broke Alex’s concentration of the road as she turned wide-eyed to gaze at him. 

‘Ok,’ she mumbled, shifting awkwardly in her seat. 

‘Alex-‘Chanyeol added, he was chewing on the left side of his lip, looking anxious, it struck Alex that it was the first time she had ever see him like this.  He took a deep breath as he continued, ‘I’m sorry, about the other day.  About everything.’

Her brain seemed to be running in slow motion, it took a long time for her to process that he was apologising, and he was being sincere.  She gawked at him grasping for a reply. 

‘That’s- thank you.’ She told

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter