Chapter 3

Rose Golden (Vkook)

Taehyungie has entered a chatroom with DBoi and J-Hoe.

Taehyungie: IM GOING TO KILL HIM

DBoi: why r u coming into the chat so aggressive chill

J-Hoe: U think this is aggressive? You should have seen him today man, dude was literally ready to throw hands every second I swear

DBoi: what’s going on?

J-Hoe: His sister got a rose from Jungkook

DBoi: oh kekekeke

Taehyungie: This isn’t funny

Taehyungie: He took her out after school today and I haven’t heard from her since! It’s literally 12 am and she hasn’t answered any of my texts and idek know where she is

Taehyungie: WHAT IF SHE’S IN TROUBLE BUT SHE CAN’T GET TO HER PHONE

DBoi: tae stop, u need to calm down alright?

J-Hoe: Yeah, Yoongi’s right. I know ur worried but freaking out isn’t going to help the situation

J-Hoe: I think you need to trust that Jungkook and Yuna r ok right now for ur own sake

Taehyungie: I can’t, I’m too stressed out

Their apartment was quiet. Not the usual empty quiet, but a hollow, lonely quiet that he could feel in his bones. He’d never told anyone how scared he was of being alone, mainly because he never needed to because he always had Yuna by his side; but she wasn’t there.

They only lived by themselves in that small apartment. After their parents died, they’d lived with their aunt for a little while who managed to support them. But when he turned eighteenl, she decided that it was fine for them to live on their own, since Taehyung was coming of the age where he could take care of Yuna by himself.

He didn’t mind getting away from his aunt though, because she wasn’t exactly the nicest person. So when she purchased the small apartment for them and said she’d pay the necessities for the room every month, he was thankful and decided he’d make the best out of what they were given.

Usually he’d push down his fear about not having Yuna around to give him company, but every once in awhile the night where he’d been waiting alone in his room for his parents, would come back to haunt him. The feeling of darkness that swept over his heart, a million overbearing thoughts running through his head, and just this never ending deafening silence; one that he could never escape from.
He was waiting for the door to open for hours now, just to release him from his stress and fear; but it never did.

And it was Jungkook’s fault.

His fingers trembled as he kept typing.

Taehyungie: I knew I shouldn’t have let him go out with her, this was a ing mistake

J-Hoe: It wasn’t a mistake alright? You’re just second guessing your decision because you’re worried

DBoi: just hold out for another hour OK? I’m sure she’ll be there soon

J-Hoe: Yeah, remember what Mr. Kim said? These r the kind of things ur going to have to deal with when Yuna gets into a relationship-

Taehyung groaned and shoved away his laptop, putting his head in his hands. Why couldn’t he just accept it, that eventually Yuna would leave him too, eventually he’d be all alone without anyone.

No one would want to be with him because of how he felt.

For a while now, he was different, girls just didn’t seem to interest him anymore. But if anyone found out he was interested in guys; everything would change forever. It was way too risky to say anything or do anything about it, so he had to just keep his feelings a secret. Bury it away into the rest of the darkness.

Either way he was all alone in this situation, either way he-

A car engine rumbled suddenly outside his window then and he scrambled off of his bed to see. It was a black sports car, Taehyung immediately noticed Yuna in the passenger seat and Jungkook behind the wheel.

He cursed underneath his breath and raced out of the room, his anger only driving him further out the door. He knew he shouldn’t get upset; but he couldn’t help it.

Jungkook climbed out and opened Yuna’s door for her as he stalked out. Taehyung stopped when he saw him take her hand carefully like it was something delicate, and Yuna gave him the sweetest smile he’d seen on her face in a while.

His anger diminished quickly.

“I’ll see you tomorrow OK?” He told her and she nodded eagerly. Jungkook glanced back and they locked eyes, but he didn’t say anything just nodded, then got back into his car and drove off.

Yuna squealed and grabbed his hand. “Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God, I have to tell you everything.”

She dragged Taehyung back inside and they sat down in the living room.

“Wait, before I say anything; are you mad at me for coming home late? I’m really sorry, it’s just that I lost track of time when I was with him and-” She started but Taehyung quickly cut her off.

“I-It’s fine.” He said.

“OK, good. So we literally just talked the whole night Taehyung. Like right after school he just took me in his car and we drove to this really high class restaurant right? And then we talked the whole time, it was so so amazing.” She gushed, looking happier than he could understand.

“He didn’t try to touch you or anything right?” He asked carefully.

Yuna shook her head. “No, no, it was literally all just talking. I think, I think he just really wanted to get to know me better.”

Taehyung frowned to himself, he thought it sounded kind of weird. But then again, he never really had an idea about how Jungkook had spent his time with the girls he went out with. But even so, he still didn’t think the whole thing was legit. He was probably just buttering Yuna up, she was trusting him too easily.

“See,” Yuna stood up then and walked into the kitchen, pouring herself some juice. “I told you he wasn’t a bad person Taehyung, you just have to give him time.”

“You’ve literally been ‘dating’ for less than a day, don’t jump to conclusions so quickly.” He crossed his arms and leaned back into the couch. “I still don’t trust him.”

She sighed. “Fine, I won’t try and convince you. But at least give him a chance OK?”

Taehyung rolled his eyes. He hated how serious she sounded, like this relationship was actually going to go anywhere.

“I’m going to wash up and head to sleep.” She put her cup into the sink and then walked passed him, leaving him alone again.

Taehyung flopped down onto the couch, staring blankly at the black screen of the TV ahead of him.

He should have gotten mad at her, no, he should have gotten mad at Jungkook for having her out so late. But when he saw them together like that, he just couldn’t bring himself to do it. Jungkook’s gesture almost caught him off guard.

How could someone that came off so cold be that gentle? It didn’t make any sense. A thought crossed Taehyung’s mind then; maybe he did have true feelings for Yuna.

“Ha!” He laughed out loud.

Yeah right. It was so easy to act like you cared when you really didn’t, Jungkook wasn’t fooling him. Eventually he’d get tired of dating her, just like he did with all of the other girls he’d gone out with. It was only a matter of time.

But Taehyung had told him not to hurt Yuna and to stay with her for a long time, he’d wondered if he was really going to follow through with it or if he was just going to eventually start making his own reckless decisions.

Taehyung wasn’t even really sure what he wanted anymore. For Jungkook to stay with her so she wouldn’t get hurt or for him to break up with her so he’d have her back to himself. But he’d already made a choice himself that morning, he had to support her through this no matter what Jungkook decided to do.

He didn’t care about Jungkook, he cared about Yuna.

He only cared about Yuna.

**

The days dragged out.

It had been almost a month since Yuna and Jungkook had started dating; and they weren’t showing any signs of breaking up.

Their relationship was pretty much the only thing anyone could ever talk about, because it had been the longest relationship Jungkook had had with anyone at school. Some girls were starting to get jealous of Yuna, they envied her, but they’d never ever target her. She was Jungkook’s girlfriend, if anything happened to her things wouldn’t turn out very good for the people who started it.

With their kind of status and reputation, Jungkook and his friends could pretty much manipulate and take down anyone they wanted. Somehow money had became more valuable than morality.

Everyday Taehyung saw Yuna with him, he saw how much her circle was starting to grow, noticed how much more time they didn’t spend together. Taehyung was starting to get more and more used to his nights alone, because Jungkook had her out on an expensive date almost all the time.

Sometimes he could get through the night without her OK until she got home, but other nights it was bad, he’d just lie down in the dark, sometimes cry himself to sleep. Except he’d never tell her this, because he didn’t want her to worry about him. Yuna was so happy with Jungkook. He hated to admit it; but he didn’t want to take that away from her.

But while wanting to see Yuna happy, he was also suffering in silence himself. He still didn’t understand Jungkook’s intentions, he still wanted to keep Yuna away from him. But it just felt like he was fighting a lost cause. He saw the way Jungkook looked at her, a look of complete fondness and admiration. Except, he still couldn’t bring him to say that he was being serious.

He just didn’t want to believe it. That his sister was growing up so fast and even got herself in a serious relationship before he did. She was even happier than him too. But; when was Taehyung ever truly happy though?

As the days went on, he’d started spending more time with Hoseok and Yoongi, just to replace a missing piece in his heart without his sister. He purposely never hung around Jungkook, Yuna, or their friends. He wanted to be with her, but being in Jungkook’s presence made him feel out of place. Like he didn’t belong there or something.

But he still kept a close eye on them, made sure that he treated her right, that he didn’t try and break her heart. Maybe it was because all of that was coming true that he felt he didn’t need to play the overprotective older brother role too much.

It was hard though, because even though he felt like he didn’t need to hold onto Yuna so much anymore; he also needed her back so badly it hurt.

He hated how dependent and desperate he was, it irked him. He needed to stop feeling so bad for himself, he needed to get out more and just try to be happy. That’s why he’d agreed to go out with Hoseok and Yoongi that night. Hoseok had set all of them up on a blind date with these girls, claiming that they all just needed to loosen up and be free for once.

Taehyung couldn’t exactly tell him that he was gay, so he had to force himself to go along with it. He didn’t think it’d be too bad though, until he actually met with his date face to face and felt like he was dying of awkwardness.

Yoongi and Hoseok were getting along well with their girls. He was actually really surprised how well Yoongi was communicating with his, considering he wasn’t really a people person most of the time. He felt like he needed to try harder, just to make it look like he was actually interested.

“Hey,” Jisu, his date, leaned forward across the table and brushed some hair away from his forehead. “You should really show your eyebrows more, they make you look really nice.”

Taehyung gave her a stiff smile. “Uh, yeah thanks.”

“So, tell me some more about you.” She spoke, giving him a deep look.

“Ah, there’s not really much more to tell. I-I’m not really that interesting,” He mumbled, looking down at his hands.

“His sister’s dating Jungkook Jeon.” Hoseok spoke up then and he shot him a look.

All of the girls looked at him simultaneously.

“Are you serious?” Jisu raised her brow.

He sipped awkwardly on his drink. “Mhm.”

Soojung, Yoongi’s date, chuckled. “Are we really that surprised? This guy dates around like it’s nothing.”

Taehyung couldn’t even argue back because it was true.

Hoseok’s date, Misun, flipped her hair then. “We even dated once.”

“Yeah, but you lasted for like a day.” Jisu laughed.

“He only lasts that long with everyone, I don’t think I’ve ever seen him be serious with a girl even once.” Soojung sighed.

Yoongi spoke up then. “He’s actually been dating Taehyung’s sister for almost a month now.”

Misun’s mouth dropped open. “What?”

He wanted to hide in a corner and die.

“Show us a picture, now.” Soojung commanded.

They huddled around his phone as he pulled up a more recent picture of them together.

“I mean,” Jisu spoke slowly. “She’s not anything too special, I wonder what he sees in her.”

“Hey, my sister is a really amazing person OK? Any guy would fall head over heels for her.” Taehyung shot back, feeling annoyed over Jisu’s comment.

“Yeah but, this isn’t just any guy. This is Jungkook Jeon, he has a reputation.” Misun said. “I’d be extra careful around him if I were you, the fact that he’s been dating her for this long is just really, really suspicious.”

“Well, maybe he actually likes her.” Hoseok offered.

Soojung almost choked on her drink laughing. “No offense, but I completely doubt that. There must be something else.”

“What else could it be?” Yoongi asked.

“Who knows, all I’m saying is just to keep an eye on him that’s all.” She shrugged.

Taehyung already knew that. What he was hearing from them wasn’t exactly big news and it didn’t really change his position in things either. But he knew and saw their relationship first hand, Jungkook did seem genuinely interested in Yuna and it annoyed him to admit it. But even so, he wasn’t just going to take his intuition and their words lightly. Jungkook still wasn’t to be trusted.

The night finished up slowly and they all left the restaurant together. Taehyung glanced at Misun who was still in deep conversation with Hoseok. He was curious as to how Jungkook might have broken up with her, but he didn’t really know how to go about asking.

He looked at Jisu who was walking quietly beside him. “Um, if you don’t mind me asking, do you know the reason why Jungkook broke up with your friend? I just, ah, it’s for future reference with my sister.”

She smirked. “Just for any other reason a guy would break up with a girl, because he was interested in someone else and didn’t give a about her anymore.”

“Oh.”

“Most guys are trash,” She sighed. “But you, you seem like a pretty good person Taehyung, even though I’ve known you for like an hour I can tell how passionate you are about your sister. Make sure, that whenever you get into a relationship, you get with a guy that cares about you as much as you care about her OK?”

He looked at her in surprise and she winked at him, putting a finger over her lips. “Don’t worry, I’ll keep your secret.” She whispered.

Jisu waved good bye to him and they parted ways in the parking lot. He walked towards his car and sat down, putting his head against the steering wheel. Was he really that obvious? He sighed and started the engine, feeling dumb for even going out. He’d just felt even more tired and conflicted.

When he got home, he was so exhausted he could barely keep his eyes open. He unlocked the door and trudged towards the living room, removing his coat. Yuna most likely wasn’t home, not like it was anything new to him-

He stopped moving.

Jungkook and Yuna were frozen on the couch, giving him a blank look. Jungkook’s shirt was gone and his hands, they were underneath Yuna’s-

Taehyung felt the world fall backwards; or was that just him?

“Taehyung!” Yuna’s shout was the last thing her heard before he completely out.