chapter thirteen: new stealers

wonderland share house ⇔ chapter fifteen is out!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

• • •

chapter thirteen.

Eunjae smiled to himself as he looked at the resturant before him, having been at least a year and a half since the last time he came back to visit. Pushing open the door he was greeted by what he assumed was one of the part-timers, he smiled at him looking him up and down.

Not bad, uncle. He thought and noted, as he was directed to an empty table. Taking a seat, he looked around trying to look in the kitchen to see if his uncle was busy or not, spotting him smiling and talking with one of the pert-timers whom was helping him out. Eunjae nodded tot he one that seated him, motioning him over.

"Can you bring the owner over?" He asked, the part-timer raising an eyebrow before nodding, walking back to the kitchen, Eunjae held back his smile as his Uncle walked out wiping his hands on his towel drapped over his shoulder. He was obviously complaining to the young man beside him. His Uncle sighing before turning to greet him, and puasing as Eunjae smiled behind his cup of water.

"Eunjae!" He yelled, pulling the younger up into a hug. "What are you doing here? I didn't know you were coming!" He said, obviously excited to see his nephew.

"Why else, than Chuseok?" Eunjae questioned back, it visually donning on his uncle that the holiday was the very next day. 

"That makes more sense. But, it's been a few years since you were here last, I'll set up a room for you once we close." His uncle explained, Eunjae nodded noting there were a few hours left.

"I'm gonna go meet up with some friends then." Eunjae said, his uncle nodding taking his small bag from him.

 

Inna smiled as she spotted her Grandmother's resturant, she skipped to the door, and opened it sticking her head in first, with a smile as she spotted her brother hunched over a table probably taking a nap during the slow period. Quietly stepping inside, her grandfather talking with a table of costumers. She snuck over behind her grandfather, the patrons at the table smiling at her as she motioned them to not say anything. She put her hands on his shoulders, scaring the older male. He turned to scold her, probably assuming it was her younger brother. Her grandfather giving her a bright smile and hugging her tightly as he yelled for her brother to greet her.

 

Jinwoo smiled as Jinhee shot him a glare, as she sat on the couch their mother in the kitchen cooking up a storm. He entered the kitchen, ducking his head a bit, greeting his mother half-heartedly from behind her back. 

"Jinhee, set the table with your brother." She ordered the younger whom rolled her eyes.

"Is she giving you a hard time?" Jinwoo asked, as the two began setting the table.

"What do you think?" Jinhee questioned scoffing as Jinwoo shrugged. "You got to leave the house and yet I'm still here, how unfair is that."

"You'll be able to leave next year." Their mother said, as she put a pot in the center of the table. "Glad you could make it this year, Jinwoo." 

"Same to you, mom." Jinwoo said, sighing as Jinhee rolled her eyes again.

 

Dahyun walked with her arm linked with her older brother, Daehyun, whom was trying to remind her of what not to say to their mother this weekend. Dahyun rolled her eyes as they exited the Jeju Airport. 

"And -"

"Don't bring up the fact that I want to be a tattoo artist." Dahyun completed his sentence as they got into a cab. "You should be reminding her what to not say to me."

"Like mom listens to anyone."

"She listens to Jaehyun, which is how I got stuck in this position to begin with." Dahyun looked out the window and admitted to herself that she did miss the scenery of Jeju more than anything. 

"He's just trying to be a good brother."

"Since when?" Dahyun couldn't help the scoff in disbelief at Daehyun trying to defend their brother.

 

Hayoung stretched as her mother and brother sat in the stands, both holding a cup of hot cocoa. Her eyes focused on the ice before her, her coach giving her a pep talk she tuned out, it was just a practice run, anyways. Hayoung double checked her skates, before nodding to her coach and skating onto the ice before her. 

Even in the cold arena she was still sweating, pausing for water her brother handed her phone. To which she choked on her water seeing Jungwoo sent a picture of him with his family and a few foreign sudents in their major. Saying he wished she could have came along for the holiday.

"Time to go again." Her mother snappped her out of her own bubble, sighing she handed her phone and water bottle to her brother before skating back to the center of the ice.

 

 

Jangmi laid on the couch while reading, some soft music playing in the background. She was definitely enjoying the silence that rarely existed in the share house. The door bell ringing, disrupting the silence, standing with a groan she headed to the door. Opening it she took a step back in surprise.

"I can't have you spending Chuseok alone." Hongseok said, holding a reusable bag filled with containers. 

"Uh, Come in?" She questioned, stepping back far enough for him to step inside and remove his shoes and coat. Jangmi taking the bag from him, he hung his coat on the rack. Followin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter