My Mistake

Difficult Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Good game!" the boys cheered each other. They just finished their soccer game and Sehun's team won again. His cousin, Yungjae complained again about the seriously lopsided quality of the two teams. Sehun could empathise and do acknowledged that the difference in quality made the game less exciting. The win is getting too easy. But he would resist as long as possible, just to irk his cousin. Putting his arms around Sehun and Myungsoo, they walked back to the bench.

 

Seungho's eyes rove around the benches looking for Sohyun. He had gone to the game without her as she has a breakfast business meeting with her brother. He had arrived from Jeju late the previous night and was looking forward to see her. His lips curled into a smile when he saw her waving at him as she sat amongs some of the other girls. Shrugging Sehun's hands off his shoulder, he approached the bleachers. She stood and met him.

"How's your meeting?" he asked, his eyes twinkling. She is indeed a beautiful sight.

"It was good, I think. Oppa did most of the talking though. You played a good game, two goals today," she said happily, her face beaming with pride. Her friends have been commenting non stop on how hot and athletic Seungho was. 

Taking her hand, he smirked, "I would have been more motivated if you were here from the very beginning."

She chuckled. "Humility is not your middle name I see. Flatterer is." And she pulled her hand away, "You are sweaty," she wrinkled her nose playfully 

Seungho chuckled and waved off as he joined the guys for a shower.

 

After the game and brunch, they went back to his place.

"Sorry that we can't join Yoojung and Myungsoo. I got back on the last flight yesterday and just dumped the stuff. I didn't have time to clean up the apartment this morning and tomorrow school starts," he apologised as they walked up to his apartment.

"It's ok. I can help  you clean up. How dirty did it get?" she asked.

He raised his eyebrows. "Princess wants to help clean up? It's ok. You sit, I can do it. The house would be dusty after two weeks unattended."

She pouted. "You can always teach me. Like how you teach me how to cook."

Chuckling, he stole a peck just as they reached his door. When she stepped in, Sohyun looked around his apartment and run her fingers on the furniture. "Your place is clean," she pointed out as she held her clean finger to him, thinking he must have some sort of OCD to think the apartment needed additional cleaning. 

Seungho glanced around and noted his place is cleaner than when he left this morning. Even the bag that he remembered leaving on the floor near the bathroom is gone. He walked into the kitchen and found soup still warm on the stove.  He peeked at Sohyun who was still checking for the mess in his apartment. Deftly he took out his phone.

 

To Jieun

Did you come over and clean up my place?

 

From Jieun

Yes. I made soup also. But you didn't come back for lunch.

 

From Jieun

Anyway, i put some banchans from my mom in your fridge. You shouldn't just dump the banchans your mom packed for you just like that. 

 

Seungho sighed and opened his fridge to find the containers of banchans all nicely arranged. Last night, he had stuffed the whole bag of banchans in the fridge.

 

To Jieun

You don't have to do this. I arrive late last night and had something on this morning. I was going to clean up. Thank you anyway.

 

From Jieun

I know. But I want to. See you in school.

 

Sighing heavily, he felt a headache coming on. Jieun is becoming a greater complication that he feared. When he raised his head, he found Sohyun standing just outside the kitchen, observing him. Guilty, he gave her a weak smile.

"Was it Jieun that came over to clean up for you?" she asked. Her face was expressionless.

He walked towards her. "Yeah. Apparently, she came over to send some banchans from her mom. I didn't know." His eyes searched her face but as usual, there was nothing to give away her actual feelings.

Sohyun smiled sweetly, though it never truly reaches her eyes. "So nice of her." Glancing around, she turned back to him, "Well, what shall we do then? Shall we watch a movie?"

"Sohyun?" he called her softly.

She turned around and found that he was staring intensely, his eyes unconvinced at her nonchalant attitude. Sohyun stepped up closer and placed her hands on his shoulder before tip-toeing and planted a soft kiss on his lips. "I'm ok. I'm not jealous," she reassured him, her eyes gazing softly.

Just as she was about to step away, he placed his arms at the small of her back and pulled her closer for a deeper kiss. When they pulled away, he assured her again that there is nothing between him and Jieun. She smiled faintly and turned, pulling him along to the couch. "What movie shall we watch?"

As Seungho set up the movie they were going to watch, Sohyun sat quietly, doing her breathing exercise softly. She was jealous and had felt like something cold stuck in her chest the moment she realised that Jieun was the one who had cleaned up the house and even prepared a meal for him. How is she supposed to ignore that another girl is doing something personal for her boyfriend. She is only human afterall. But she has promised him and herself that she would not let Jieun come between them. She was left with no choice but to grit her teeth and deal with it herself.

Snuggling in the crook of his arm, Sohyun chuckled at the movie they were watching. It was quite funny. She raised her head to talk about the scene when she noticed that he wasn't watching the movie. Instead, Seungho was deep in thoughts and his mind is clearly elsewhere.  Something seems to be bothering him a lot; his brows was furrowed so deeply it created deep creases across his forehead. Tearing her eyes back to the movie, Sohyun decided to leave him alone with his thoughts.  If he needed the space to deal with his personal demons, she will respect that. 

By the time the credits rolled, Sohyun glanced and found that he was still in the same position, not even realising that the movie is over. She reached out to smooth the creases from his forehead, easing the lines. Seungho was startled by her touch. When he noticed the movie has ended, he gave her a guilty smile. Searching his eyes, she asked softly, "Is everything ok?"

Seungho held her gaze. His father's words had been bugging him and making him restless. He had deep respect for his dad and he understood the concern, which is truly valid. But Seungho could not give Sohyun up even if he wanted to. He had tried before unsuccessfully. 

He cupped her cheeks and caressed it gently, running his eyes over her beautiful face. "Just some family thing. I'm sorry I wasn't a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter