Chapter 4: Inside Spring

Your Lie in April [ON-GOING]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

- I met this girl under full-bloomed cherry blossoms and my fate has begun to change -

Third Person's POV

"Here's your freshly made waffle with strawberry sauce" The waiter said before placing the plate in friont of Sana and Dahyun "Wow it's dazzling toooooooo dazzling" Sana said while looking at the waffles with her eyes twinkling 'She's too excited for something like waffles' Dahyun thought while looking at Sana.

"I always wanted to come to this cafe because the waffle's pictures looked so tasty! I wanted to try them" Sana said excitedly "With Tzuyu huh?" Dahyun said 'First I was an extra and now I'm a subsitute? I should charge money from this' Dahyun thought

"You shouldn't eat many sweets" Dahyun warned "I know but... WHAT DO YOU KNOW?! Performing in front of audiences uses a lot of physical strength. I need alot of sugar to give me that energy back fast. Plus I'm tired of eating bananas" Sana exclaimed "That's not a reason to eat so many" Dahyun said.

'Even though she is an amazing musician I can't see her as anything else but normal girl' Dahyun thought while looking at Sana eating her waffles happily "Hey give me yours too!" Dahyun snapped back when Sana took her waffle "No! That's my waffle you have yours!" Dahyun shouted. They both stopped when they heared a piano playing.

"Oh. I thought it was just there for decoration but I was wrong it seems like you can play it too" Sana said while still eating her waffles looking at the kid playing the piano "That piano must be a happy piano. I can see it smiling" Sana said "No, that's a pitiful piano. Any moisture is strictly prohibited for a piano. And they have decorated it with fresh flowers" Dahyun explained "It's because you're too negative!!!" Sana exclaimed before going to the kids.

"That's Mozart huh?" Sana talked to the kid "I learnt it the other day but I still couldn't play it well" The kid said 'I see, it's difficult right?" Sana said 'She seems to get along with kids maybe because she has a kid's brain?' Dahyun thought while drinking her coffee looking at Sana.

"That gorl is very good at it so shall we get him to teach you?" Sana smiled evily before pointing at Dahyun "No, I'm not playing piano anymore" Dahyun said while choking on her drink. Sana kicked her under the table "Don't you dare embarrass me in front of the kids" Sana whispered. Dahyun tooked a second to look at the kids 'I'm weak to kids dammit' Dahyun thought.

"Then I guess just a little bit" Dahyun said before joining the kids to play piano "Ready, Go" Sana  said "Twinkle twinkle little star" Sana sing as she move her hands 'See? As I thought it's a happy piano' Sana thought while looking at Dahyun playing the piano. By this time almost everyone in the cafe is looking at Dahyun amazed by her skills and on how soothing she plays the piano when suddenly she stopped playing.

"Eh?! Why did you stop? Don't stop! And it was so cool too" The kids said at Dahyun "Sorry. I'm really sorry" Dahyun said while looking down 'It's just that I can't hear it anymore' Dahyun thought.

 

"Thank you very much. I'm stuffed and more than satisfied" Sana said before stretching her arms "Eh?" Sana said when she found out Dahyun is not with her anymore then she looked across the cafe and she saw Dahyun feeding a black kitty.

"AHHHH! IT'S A KITTY" Sana shouted "Huh?!" Dahyun was shocked when Sana suddenly appeared beside her "You have sand on your hair, Sana" Dahyun said before removing the sand on Sana's hair.

"Do you like cats, Dahyun" Sana asked "Yeah. I have one, That looks just like this one" Dahyun said while smiling looking at the cat eating.

"So you're not playing the piano anymore?" Sana suddenly asked "As I thought... You know me right?" Dahyun said "Winner of Moriwaki student piano contest. The youngest winner of the Saiki contest. Your performances always accurate to the last detail. The human metronome. A prodigy and while only 8 years old played together with the Mozart's orchestra" Sana said "You know a lot" Dahyun laughed "It's a common knowledge. There's no musician fore the same generation that does not know you. You are someone we look up to" Sana explained.

"Why did you stop?" Sana asked "I can't hear the sound of piano anymore" Dahyun said before looking at Sana "Boring story right?" Dahyun smiled "But earlier you were playing it" Sana asked confused "At start I can still hear it but after a while... When I try to concentrate it's as if I get distracted and my concentration has a limit. The melody feels like it's drifting away by a spring breeze and like a flower being dissolved and vanish in a distant" Dahyun explained 'So that's why she stopped in the middle' Sana thought.

"You can't hear it anymore?" Sana asked "It's strange right? It does not affect my everyday life. What I can't hear is only the sound of my performance. I can still hear the sound of my fingers tapping on the keyboard and even the sound of the keys sinking in. What I can't hear is the sound I produce. That must surely be a punisment" Dahyun said.

"You're pathetic!" Sana said before kicking Dahyun "IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE TOO DARK! EVEN IF YOU DON'T HEAR YOU MUST CONTINUE TO PLAY!!!" Sana exclaimed "IF YOU CAN'T MOVE YOUR HANDS THEN PLAY WITH YOUR LEGS!!! IF YOU DON'T HAVE ENOUGH FINGERS THEN USE YOUR NOSE TOO!!" Sana shouted "You're unbelievable" Dahyun said while shaking her head "Even when you're sad or worn out, No matter what difficulty, You have to play" Sana said "That's how we, the musicians live by" Sana continued "Yeah, it might be like that for you" Dahyun said while Sana just glared at her.

'When you're around, I think I understand

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter