Lilac Sky

Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What about-“

“No.” Yerim says, not even letting you finish your sentence.

You scoff. “But you didn’t even know what I was going to say!”

“No, you are not bringing Wendy-unnie to Paris for your first date.” Yerim says nonchalantly without looking up from the book she was reading. Maybe she really did know you well, too well.

“But why not! It’s perfect!” You still continue because you’re persistent that way.

“First of all, it’s cliché, second, you are not here to impress Wendy. She’s a simple girl unnie.”

Yerim was right there, Wendy wasn’t the type who’d be charmed by unnecessarily grand gestures. Hell that girl becomes happy because of the smallest of things like strawberry yogurt and the smell of old books. You also do remember this one student who tried confessing to Wendy once. Poor dude did it through a giant banner that he held up while standing on the ledge of the rooftop. Instead of feeling charmed, Wendy scolded the student for endangering his safety like that. That was the type of person the object of your affection was like.

You sigh out of frustration. “Okay you’re right. Grand gestures are scratched off the list, for now at least.” Of course you wanted to someday do something big for Wendy, it’s what she deserves after all. Wow is this what they referred to as whipped culture?

“So if I won’t fly Wendy over to one of the most romantic places on earth then what am I supposed to do?” You lie back down on your bed looking up at the ceiling filled with glow in the dark stars stuck on it like answers could actually be found there.

“I’ll leave that up to you unnie. You’re a smart girl, you’ll think of something.” Yerim tells you still engrossed in her novel, another vampire story. “But keep it simple, do something that’s close to your heart. I think any girl would appreciate that.”

You ponder over Yerim’s words, she was right, it was so rare for you to share your interests with anyone but what better way to start doing that than with Wendy? One loose glow star suddenly drops square onto your face. You shriek at first but then an idea suddenly hits you.

“I know what to do!” You abruptly sit up with the star still stuck on the center of your forehead startling Yerim at the same time. Maybe having stars falling on your head can give you ideas. You were starting to get excited even more for this date. Probably for the reason that you never put so much effort into something like this. Though scary, it was a nice change in pace.

 

 

//

 

 

“Wow, I’ve never seen your room as messy as this my entire life.” Seulgi comments as she enters your room, if you could still call it that. She wasn’t wrong, it looked like a storm went through and turned it upside down. Frankly speaking it mirrored how your life transformed ever since hurricane Park Sooyoung came into it as well.

“Please keep the comments to a bare minimum and try to actually help me with my crisis.”

“By crisis you mean choosing an outfit to wear? Turn down the drama a bit Wendy.”

You let out a humph as you continue to dig through your closet thinking about color combinations and if you were going to go with casual or formal or god you’re overthinking this.

“Shut up and help me already!” You say with your hands in your head effectively messing your hair up and adding to more stress. Why were you panicking like this? It was just a simple date, but then again nothing was simple with Park Sooyoung. You already prepared your heart for whatever grand date she was planning on. But that doesn’t automatically mean that your anxiety would die down.

Why couldn’t things be simple with Sooyoung for once?

“I don’t think I’m the best choice to help you pick an outfit, but don’t worry because I know someone else who can help. I’ll call Hyun.” Seulgi says at the same time she whips her phone out to call her senior student girlfriend who was also thankfully in the career path towards being a model and fashion designer.

You try to control your chaotic mind as you watch Seulgi light up as she talked with Joohyun over the phone. It made you smile, how someone could bring out the happiness in your best friend so easily like that. You start to wonder if it was the same way with Sooyoung and you.

It actually bothered you why the cheerleader even liked you in the first place. You were just plain, old and boring Wendy, so what was there to like? It’s not like you were special, you were just the rule-conforming student council president who didn’t even know what to do after high school yet.

“Great news, Hyun is on her way.” Seulgi breaks your self-deprecating thoughts and you give her a genuine smile as you leave out the traces of your thoughts just a while back.

“Thank you, I think I’m more stressed out about this more than I thought.”

“You don’t say.” Seulgi smirks and you duck your head with a soft smile. “It’s no problem Wannie, I know you’re stressed because this isn’t just a simple date.”

You look up at Seulgi then. “What do you mean?”

Seulgi rolls her eyes. “I don’t know if you’re still in denial but I can see that Sooyoung isn’t just anyone to you anymore.”

“Pssh, n-no. I’m just doing this date to fulfill our bet, it’s me being honorable.” Because that’s what you strive to be, honorable, facts only.

You hear Seulgi groan. “That was so you.” She sighs afterwards. “But once you actually do realize things, just don’t run away okay?” She tells you cautiously.

You only nod meekly in reply, not trusting yourself with words right now. Everything was just so confusing and you wanted to do things one step at a time. Luckily for you, the doorbell rings signaling Joohyun’s probable arrival so you took the opportunity to excuse yourself and welcome your guest.

“Hey Seungwan.” Joohyun greets warmly and you couldn’t help but smile back. “So I heard you had a fashion crisis. Seulgi called the right person.”

You chuckle. “Yeah, she was being overdramatic but I really do need your help.”

“Come on then, let’s get started.” Joohyun says in finality as she pulls you by your elbow and back up your room. You could focus on this first instead of distracting feelings that Sooyoung somehow ensues from within you.

One step at a time.

 

--

 

Maybe you were starting to feel more scared rather than nervous as you waited for Sooyoung in front of the school gates, in the dark. It was already odd that she asked to meet up in school for your date but you just shrugged about it instead. Now that was starting to backfire as the darkness of the evening was starting to gnaw at you.

A shuffle then sounds along the empty street and you notice a figure approaching. You relax from your defensive stance as you realize it was just Sooyoung carrying a… was that a picnic basket? She was huffing as she reached your spot.

You were about to berate her for letting you wait long till she stands back up and you suddenly get hit in the face with Park Sooyoung visuals. Why the heck does this girl have to be so damn attractive in anything she wears? The said girl was in a simple white shirt, its front tucked into her ripped jeans and in her red letterman jacket. That was it and yet… and yet she was the most beautiful girl you’ve ever seen in your life.

“I’m so sorry for being late, I-“ You look up at the raven haired girl noticing the break in her sentence. You try to stifle a blush as you realized she was staring.

“What?” You ask defensively.

“Y-you look really beautiful unnie.” She says bashfully, still staring at you. You were in a simple sweater over a pleated skirt but you knew you looked good. You trusted Joohyun’s sen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter