Cupid

AUTOMATIC
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"What if I suddenly kiss you?”

 

She was already staring at her, though Seulgi didn’t know if it was because of shock or disgust.

 

Seulgi didn’t dare say a word after that. She just continued looking into those big cute eyes, trying to find some sort of answer from her since she wasn’t making any sound.

 

But then those doe eyes blinked and the owner slightly moved on her seat. If Seulgi hadn’t known better, it looked like Joohyun inched closer to her. But she couldn’t trust herself since, well, her head was slightly spinning from the alcohol. Maybe I drank a bit too much?

 

Her head was slurring with a bunch of questions and thoughts and she couldn’t take her eyes off of the pink lips that seemed a bit closer now. She wanted to have a taste, just one taste. She just wanted to know if it’s as sweet and soft as she thought.

 

Then her phone suddenly vibrated and woke some of her senses. She was about to just look back on the television or at the bottles on the table or anywhere around the room—just not to the sweet temptation that seemed to be getting closer—when she caught a glimpse of a spark on those pair of doe.

 

Seulgi didn’t clearly see what it was. But even from that short moment her eyes caught, she knew that what she saw was something along the lines of favor and curiosity.

 

“Would you mind?”, Seulgi whispered a mix of hope and hesitance.

 

She was certain that Joohyun was a lot closer to her now since she felt warm skin brush her thigh. Turns out, Seulgi also unconsciously shifted herself to slightly face the bunny.

 

Her heart was pounding and she couldn’t hear anything else but her nervous breathing and the rapid pumping of blood on her heart. She couldn’t even hear the drama they were supposed to be watching.

 

“I don’t think I would”

 

She heard the words, but she wasn’t sure if it came from the television speaker or from the woman she was facing. “H-huh?”, it came as a timid hush.

 

Joohyun smiled.

 

Eh?

 

It was the first word that popped in her head—well, if it is considered as one. The first her mind thought of when she felt soft lips on hers.

 

A daydream is what she thought it was since it was too good to be true, even though it felt real. It seems my level of imagination has become surreal.

 

She was about to conclude the thought when she felt hands creeping on her shoulders until they landed on the nape of her neck, gently pulling her.

 

Their lips didn’t separate. They stayed together, touching each other, not parting because Joohyun’s arms were around her in a gentle hug. Seulgi couldn’t make sense of it. Until suddenly, Joohyun’s arms relaxed around her.

 

Their lips parted.

 

It was sudden, but it wasn’t short. Of course. She’s had boyfriends in the past so she’s not that innocent as to not know a kiss. But…, she could feel Joohyun’s breath hitting her cheek and those monolid eyes of hers reflexly fixated on the lips she had a little taste. Have those jerks tasted them full? 

 

There it was again, the slight jealousy she always felt when Joohyun’s with a guy she likes. But this time felt a lot more than that. Ah.. A whole lot more than that. I’m being envious.

 

Seulgi was lost in her thoughts, staring at the slightly opened lips in soft panting merely inches away from her. Joohyun’s breath was hot enough that it seemed to burn her face. It was surprisingly pleasant, but still vexing.

 

Then she felt a gentle push on her back, and her lips met hers. Not only did it feel the same as it did earlier, it also looked the same. It was too overwhelming to feel Joohyun’s lips on hers and witness her closed eyes at the same time. I mean, I’m too surprised to close mine. It seemed like Joohyun really wanted to do it, to sincerely kiss her.

 

The closed eyes slowly fluttered and the slight moving of lips slowly stopped, though Joohyun didn’t entirely pull away. Seulgi heard her swallow and saw Joohyun her lower lip. She felt Joohyun’s hot breath on her lips when she breathed out afterward. Joohyun was looking at her all those times, in all her movements.

 

Then she heard a whisper.

 

Was it.. my name?

 

In the same moment she heard it, before she could even comprehend, she felt the push of the arms on her back again and their lips touched into another kiss. 

 

Their lips pushed a bit harder against each other since Joohyun was holding her a little tighter than before.

Then their lips parted after some time.

 

Seulgi felt the arms on her back and was pushed again into another kiss. At some point, she found her hands wrapped around Joohyun’s waist as she started to respond to the kisses with trifle earnest and the arms around her back tightened with every tug.

 

She didn’t know how long it’s been, but she wasn’t tired at all. Among all those long kisses, at some point, her tongue slipped out and brushed Joohyun’s lips.

 

“Nhg—!”

 

The gaspy moan surprised her and she almost pulled away, but Joohyun showed no signs of rejection. Instead, she felt Joohyun grasp tighter as the latter opened her lips slightly. As if telling Seulgi to continue. That it’s okay.

 

And so she did. And their tongues danced the minute they met in a touch.

 

She didn’t know what to feel. Heck. It was Joohyun she’s kissing so fervidly with, her best friend. But it was also Joohyun she’s kissing, the one she loves so much more than anyone.

 

Her body was hot, her head felt like it was boiling, like she’s gonna lose it any second. She never knew Joohyun could be so aggressively intimate, she almost cursed her best friend’s past lovers.

 

Then their lips finally parted. They were breathing so raggedly it felt like the whole room was covered with steam of boiling water-induced within fire. She felt Joohyun’s fingers traced the back of her neck until they vanished beneath her locks and that little move didn't fail to make her shiver. From then she realized that Joohyun was already somehow sitting on her lap, soft white legs slipped to the sides of her thighs. 

 

She heard Joohyun exhale and that made her eyes flutter open. And there it was, just a short distance away from her. Joohyun’s narrowed, gentle eyes holding moisture at their sides as she stared. Her face seemed a little blurry to Seulgi’s vision as well.

 

Her heart was pounding so much, it felt like it was about to burst out of her chest. It was amazing and also frightening since this was the first time she has ever felt her heart beat so strong.

 

Then Joohyun’s arms softly pushed against her back.

 

She pecked Seulgi’s lips and smiled. “It’s alright”, Joohyun whispered as she inched closer and Seulgi closed her eyes.

 

 

 

A gasp.

 

“Wha—?”

 

Her eyes blinked once.

 

“Uh..”

 

Her eyes blinked again.

 

“...”

 

A sigh.

 

“Of course”, she said and covered her eyes with her wrist, “A dream.. again”

 

Seulgi heaved a deep sigh as she stayed laying on the bed. She didn’t have any strength to change her position. She even let the alarm ring until it stopped on its own when normally, she couldn’t stand the noise she’d roughly swipe it off before it could even take two buzzes. 

 

Even when she just woke up, she felt exhausted. It was a tired feeling she couldn’t understand and honestly, she didn’t care to think about anymore. She didn’t want to think about it. She never wanted it in the first place anyway.

 

She frustratingly groaned to the air as a trail flowed down from her protected eyes underneath her clenching hand.

 

"Just.. stop.. please"

 

It was just too painful.

 

×××

 

It was rather breezy in her usual spot that Seulgi was starting to doze off as she waited for the message of a particular someone. Her head was about to give up and bang itself on the floor when she managed to hear a beep in her subconscious state, preventing herself to own a bleeding forehead—or at least just a huge bump, since she owns a hard head, literally and figuratively.

 

Where are you? Her eyes quivered as she typed.

 

Thankfully, the reply arrived fast this time. She yawned and stretched before gathering her things and left the gazebo at the farther back of their building.

 

She hasn’t even gone far when someone yelled her name and enveloped her in a tight hug. She didn’t see the face of whoever was hugging her and the only person she could see was an unknown guy standing a bit close from them, staring in amaze.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Seulgi-yah!”

 

Oh. The arms around her tightened and she already knew who the person was based from her voice and, peculiarly, from her scent and stature. She should've known since she was practically leaning down with the hug. “Baechu”

 

Joohyun let go and stepped back a bit, aligning herself to the guy looking at them while they were hugging earlier.

 

“Seulgi! This is Jackson. He’s going to be my accompanist later. You know, the one I told you about. Waaah~ I’m so excited and nervous!”

 

How can I possibly look her in the eyes after that dream? God. Seulgi smiled, wishing to the bottom of her heart that it didn’t look awkward or forced. “You can do it, come on~ Just have fun like you always do”, she cheered before turning to the guy, “Nice to meet you”

 

“Likewise”, he smiled then turned to Joohyun, “We should hurry. The organi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter