Chapter 14: Dinner

Invisible

Dawon's POV

I was cleaning up after breakfast when suddenly I hear my phone ring. I pick it up to see who who it is. I check the Caller ID and it's Luda. I quickly answer the phone "Hey Luda is everything okay?" I've been worried about her after she had to hurry home. "Yeah everything is fine, but I have to tell you something. You're meeting my parents tonight for dinner." I almost drop my phone. "Luda what did you do?" I ask her raising my brow. "Well my mom asked where I was last night so I told her I was at Bona's house because I knew she wouldn't let me spend the night at your house. Bonasaid she would cover for me, but she didn't which led to me telling my mom the truth. I kinda told my mom we were dating and now she wants to meet you" She explains then sighs. I have to meet her parents? Tonight? Luda what did you get me into? Meeting your significant other's parents is a big deal. If I make a bad impression of myself in front of them I might lose Luda. "What time do want me there?" I ask Luda with determination in my voice. I was determined to make a good first impression with Luda's parents. "Um around 6:30 tonight" Luda finally answers my question. "I'll see you then Luda bye I love you" I quickly hang the phone up before Luda could get a chance to say anything else. I know it seems kinda rude, but I am in a rush to text Mei Qi for tips. 

Time Skip    

At around 6:15 I start making my way over to Luda's house. Mei Qi said arriving early would make me look better, but she said not to arrive too early. So, I figured 6:15 would be a good time to leave since it figures it would take me about 5 minutes to walk to her place. When I finally arrive at Luda's house I check my phone for the time. It's 6:20 which means I'm 10 minutes early. I take a deep breath in and knock on the door. I was hoping to be greeted by Luda, but instead her mom answered the door "Hi you must be Dawon right? Luda has told me so much about you". I gulp as she invites me inside. Hopefully Luda mentioned only good things about me. As I walk in I immediately spot Luda sitting at the table already. I walk over to her and sit down in the chair next to her "Hey Dawon I'm glad you could make it" She says as she pecks my cheek. "Well I couldn't miss out on a big thing like meeting your parents Luda" I feel my nerves building up again. Luda looks at me with concern in her eyes "Are you nervous Dawon?". I nod and I feel Luda grab my hand under the table "I'll be right by your side okay? Just squeeze my hand whenever you start to feel really nervous and I'll calm you down". I could feel my heart melting at Luda's words. She's so sweet and caring. "Dinner is ready girls" My thoughts are cut off by Luda's mom handing me a plate of food. I thank her and dig right in. "So Dawon when did you and Luda start dating?" I pause for a moment and think. Do I tell her we've only recently started dating? I squeeze Luda's hand and look at her "We've only just started dating mom" Luda answers for me. Her mom looks directly at me and raises her eyebrow "How long have you liked Luda then?". This was an easy question for me "I started developing feelings for her halfway through the school year" I answer confidently. "How did you meet Luda?" She turns her head toward Luda. "Well we have the same class together although we never talked to each other. The first time we actually talked was when we bumped into each other in the hallway. I could tell there was something special and unique about Dawon. She just has special charms." She looks over at me and smiles lovingly. "Oh you're in the same class? So that means you're the same age as Luda right?" Luda's mom asks me. I nod "Our birthdays are only about a month apart actually". The rest of the night was her just her asking me questions about myself. We all finish the meal and it was time for me to go home. Luda offered to walk with me because she didn't want me walking alone in the dark. Especially since I can barely defend myself unlike her. She's definitely smol but also mighty. She holds my hand as we walk side by side "I really think she likes you Dawon". I sigh in relief "Good I really want her to like and trust me with you". Luda turns to look at me "What about your parents? Will they care if we date?". I shake my head "My parents already knew I had a crush on you. They're okay with it as long as I'm happy". We stop once we reach the front porch of my house "Dawon can you lean down for a second?" Luda asks me tilting her head to the side slightly. I nod and lean down slightly. Luda smiles and pecks my lips "I'll see you tomorrow at school. I love you Dawon". I stand up straight once more and kiss her cheek "I love you too Luda". We say our final goodbyes and I head inside.

Author's Note

I hope you enjoyed the chapter! I know it was kinda sloppy but I have an exciting chapter next time just you wait. For now thank you for reading and I hope to see you in the next chapter lovely readers. - Author~