The flight

Flight 928
Please log in to read the full chapter

Lim Hyunsik would swear that you were the most adorable human creature whom he had seen sleeping.

You were so peaceful, your hair creating a halo around your head, looking like a dark waterfall. Your chest was constantly rising and falling like it was part of a mysterious symphony that your body composed. You looked so innocent, almost like his younger sister, even though you were already a grown-up woman and his sister didn’t even turn 6. The fact that you fell asleep on his shoulder made him the happiest man on Earth.

The touch of your warm and soft baby-like skin was making his heart race like crazy, his erratic heartbeat could even compete against professional horse riders, and he would still come in first place for sure. He was fond of the way your heart beat beside his, he sure enjoyed listening to the cacophony of your different yet oh so same melodies. It’s like he was your complement; when your heart was taking a quick break, his heart was beating more rapidly than ever.

In the beginning, he was sure that he made a fool out of himself when he came up to you hours ago to share his blankets with you. Yet, as he was looking at your sleeping figure now, he didn’t regret his decision.

At first, he didn’t even know what hit him. He caught sight of you across the terminal and he hated seeing people as they were freezing, so he gathered up the courage to speak to you. Even though he got embarrassed from the very start, your angel-like smiles could soothe his nerves, and by the time he sat beside you, the state of his heart had already gone back to normal.

You two shared your stories of how you ended up at the airport under the warmth of his baby blue blanket. He got to know that you were a project manager and this little inconvenience costed you lots of time and a precious business meeting. He could tell right away that you were diligent, precise and enthusiastic because the way you talked about your job was one of a kind. He didn’t even dare to question your words.

Hyunsik confessed that he wasn’t away on a business trip like you, he actually visited his cousin – Sungjae − who created a band and his cousin invited him to their first ever concert.

Please log in to read the full chapter