Basta Ya

Strawberries and Cigarettes

[A/N: The switch between Roseanne and Chaeyoung is that she is 'Chaeyoung' in Jennie's perspective. Apologies if it is confusing.]

Chaeyoung turned around hesistantly. She never thought the ever so Jennie Kim would be so quick to give in to her. 

Jennie frowned and crossed her arms. If it weren’t for the current directed glare towards Chaeyoung, she might’ve, maybe, found pissed off Jennie a tiny bit attractive but of course she would never admit it, even if a gun was pointed to her head. 

"Please hurry. I don't have all day." Jennie said with a tight lipped smile and fists curled up into a tight ball. 'God I could ing kill her with my bare hands right now. ' 

"Oh, look who's being polite. Are you gonna listen to me now?" Roseanne teased.

"Maybe. If you could tell me the deal, that is." Jennie tapped her foot relentlessly. If she didn't hurry, she'd be late to her STUCO meeting, and she could not afford that since her and her father have a strained relationship right now. "Anytime now dear.

"Okay." Chaeyoung took in a deep breathe. She averted her gaze on to the floor beneath them, and shifted uncomfortably. 'Quite the nteresting tile design they chose for the rooftop. Wow, okay. Just ing say it, you can do this. Come on. It's not hard. Anytime now. Do it. Do it. 3, 2,... 1.' 

"I want you to tutor me. You know, you're really good at that weird smile you do when you're pissed off." She scratched the back of her neck, quickly mumbling stupidity to avoid what she has just said. 'What the was that Roseanne? What are you even saying. Don't tell me this  has you nervous now. I'm not nervous. She's nervous.' 

Jennie didn't know if this was another game of the her's or if Chaeyoung was actually being serious for once in her life, and tilted her head a bit, pondering what she just heard. Her eyes studied Chaeyoung, scanning up and down towards her ed white dress shirt, loose tie, messy hair, parted strawberry lips. Chaeyoung straightened her posture, and glared back, with the same upmost intensity. 

"You're telling me, the most notorious delinquent I've ever came across, wants to get tutored by me?" 

"Why else would I ask you to tutor me? I'm not at the academy on a scholarship, I need to stay here."

Jennie thought to herself, maybe you should've considered that before ing around with girls and doing god knows what, she didn't even want to waste a second to think about it. 

The silence was deafening. Roseanne glanced at Jennie, and decided that she wouldn't budge. The future she had desperately needed flashed through her eyes, and shivers of fear crept up the back of her spine.

"Please, Jennie. I need you to do this for me. I need your help." Chaeyoung said barely above a whisper. The delinquent could feel her pride shattering, but if this was what she had to do, then so be it. 

"Fine, but everything is set on my rules, and the schedule will be flexible for me only. And I only said yes because you looked so pathetic and desperate when you beg. It's so unlikely for you to do that. You know I pity you Chaeyoung." 

Chaeyoung jumped up and down, uncharacterisic to her usual confident and assertive demeanor, rushing to hug the shorter girl, before stepping back and clearing , even forgetting that Jennie called her Chaeyoung. "So. Monday through Thursday's 6 to 8. The weekend's are off because, uh, ya know what I mean."

Jennie rolled her eyes. "My rules, remember? I didn't expect much from you but you already think you can dictate what goes on. I am available Monday, Tuesday and Saturday. I'm always busy on Wednesday. Being the president of the student council for a top-tier academy is not easy work, not like you would know. 

"So what about Wednesday? What are you doing on Wednesday? Do you have another dirty little secret you haven't told me yet? For the most pristine and seemingly flawless student in school, you sure are hiding a lot." Roseanne said with a smug smile. 

Jennie stared at her emotionless. Silence crept the rooftop. The breeze made up for the lack of noise.

Roseanne ran her fingers through her strawberry tinted hair, "You know it's better if you tell me now, or someone else finding out. I'll pry it out of you one way or another." 

The sun crept unto Jennie's intense gaze, highlighting her boring dark brown eyes, but instead glimmered into golden pools of honey. It was hard to tell what she was thinking, or if a thought was even running through that pretty little head of hers. All the delinquent could notice that it felt like the world slowed down, spinning, rapidly all at once, and it felt like all she saw was her. 'I never felt intrigued by such a mystery before. You're not like other girls', Roseanne had to hold back the laugh she was about to let out, because of the irony in her thoughts. 

After a few seconds of what seemingly felt like forever, Jennie took a deep sigh. "I am not sure if I've made myself clear enough, we will meet on my terms. You are just a classmate to me that I tutor, nothing more, nothing less, so don't even ing try me."

"Who said we're anything more? Are you possibly, already, thinking about our future together?" Chaeyoung teased and  scrunched her nose.  

Jennie noted to herself how cute she looked. 'Whatever man.'

"Why so serious Jennifer? Look, sweetness, ing live a little." The delinquent had a honeyed voice and a edge of something in her voice Jennie wasn't able to pinpoint. 

"Stop that, why are you making that voice? I already knew you were annoying but wow this is someting else."

Roseanne took a step towards Jennie, and entrapped her with both of her arms. She peered down at her through her wispy eyelashes, and moved closer. She took a glance at Jennie's lips for a split second, but Jennie wasn't sure if it was her imagination makng things up.

At this point the two were close. A little too close. None of them seemed to care.

"I don't think I, made myself clear enough. You don't know what's at stake here. Whether it be your ing smoking addiction or how I am about to drop out of this stupid prestigious school full of pretentious s, you're the only one I know who will tutor me through this. Don't try to act like you're the one in control here." Roseanne spoke in a low and dangerous tone, her playfulness was gone.

'Jesus christ, I am exhausted.' The president pinched the bridge of her nose, leaned her head back, closed her eyes, and let out a deep sigh. "Do you think you're intimidating or something? Don't act like you're the one in control here." She mocked.

Jennie just shrugged her off. Realizing the seriousness of the situation, she could lose her #1 ranking she worked countless nights for if she got suspended because a certain someone couldn't keep shut. "When and where do you want to meet?"

"Your place. Tommorrow after school." 

 

[A/N: It's been approximately 4.6 years since I touched this, and honestly I was a way better writer at 15 than I am at 19. What better way to procrastinate than writing Chaennie(REAL) ff.]