Catboy (Crawling into my heart); Kihyun/Changkyun

youth.
Please log in to read the full chapter

Inspired by Changkyun playing in boxes during a fansign.

 

 

***

 

 

When Kihyun agreed to share a dorm room with a witch and his familiar, he hadn’t quite known what to expect. Sure, Kihyun is a witch himself, but he’s always been doing magic alone; has never found a familiar compatible enough to channel his energies. It’s not uncommon nowadays, to do magic without a familiar. Still, whatever little Kihyun had been expecting (or not expecting) of a witch and a familiar, he’s pretty sure Hyungwon and Changkyun are… not it.

In fact, Kihyun is pretty sure they’re just something else altogether.

“Changkyun?”

The huge upturned cardboard box that has been moving across the living room halts, and Kihyun sighs, pinches his nose as if that would ease his headache.

“I know you’re in there, Changkyun-ah.”

The box doesn’t move, doesn’t make a sound but it somehow manages to look suspicious anyway. Kihyun narrows his eyes at it.

“Changkyun, please get out of the box. I need to pack.”

The tiniest sliver of space emerges between the box and the floor, and then, a hand appears, lifting the cardboard box until Changkyun’s reflective irises gleam where it catches the light. Eventually, Changkyun crawls out reluctantly from under the box, completely unclothed.

Of course, Kihyun thinks, of-ing-course.

“You’re not really a cat,” Kihyun comments absently as he retrieves the box, ignoring how Changkyun’s slitted pupils narrow. He’s weirdly tempted to ruffle the boy’s hair even though he knows Changkyun isn’t really a cat. Changkyun might be a cat in his familiar form but most of the time he looks pretty much human (minus the weird eyes). So Kihyun sighs instead, picking up the large and now empty box. “Please tell Hyungwon he has to pack too. We need to shift tomorrow and he hasn’t even started.”

Changkyun doesn’t say a word. Kihyun takes it as his cue to leave. He does, after all, actually need to pack, even if his roommates don’t appear to think so.

 

 

 

Predictably, Hyungwon doesn’t pack. Kihyun’s not even surprised.

“Well, have fun staying here while the student office finally, actually, get

Please log in to read the full chapter