kisses [gyulsun-centric + saerom at the end]

past the ticking clock (time never truly stops)

"gyul? are you home?"

jisun calls out as she sees a pair of worn blue converse haphazardly laid out at the doorstep. jisun sighs in exasperation at the sight, when will gyuri ever learn to take her shoes off properly?

"yeah, im in the kitchen!" 

after fixing gyuri's shoes and depositing her own, jisun makes her way to the kitchen where the smell of ramyeon catches her attention.

"gyul, you're cooking? it's not even 5:30 yet." jisun notes, hovering over gyuri at the stove because she doesnt quite yet trust her with anything related to fire.

"oh, romsae said she'd be home a little late, and i didnt know you were coming home so soon so i..."

"so you just went ahead and made yourself ramyeon for dinner?" jisun sighs, "aish, jang gyuri, how many times have i told you ramyeon is not a good dinner meal?"

gyuri just scratches her neck, "sorry jisun-ah, my mind must have still been with the military camp since that was what most of our meals had been."

feeling slightly alarmed hearing that, jisun immediately grabs gyuri's face in her hands to look if she had grown abnormally thinner. as jisun turns her head left and right, gyuri tries to squirm out of her grasp, her hands grabbing at the younger's wrists to pry them off.

"im fine, jisun-ah, im fine!" jisun gives her a disbelieving stare. "really, im fine! it wasnt what we ate everyday, only for the majority when we were out and about. back at the base we ate actual healthy food, so dont worry."

jisun, still obviously worried about her love's less than stellar eating habits, crosses her arms with a pout. gyuri smiles at this, arms going to wrap her in a tight hug. 

"aigoo, always so worried our jisunnie... i can take care of myself, okay? even though i rely a lot on you and saerom, i can still be trusted in taking care of myself."

jisun lets out a sigh, returning gyuri's hug before letting go, allowing gyuri to go back and attend to the ramyeon she was cooking. 

when a lull in gyuri's constant stirring of the pot comes, said gyuri turns to look at jisun, jisun in turn looking up at her questioningly. 

without saying a word, gyuri leans down and gives jisun a chaste kiss on the lips, a goofy smile spreading on her face. having not expected that, jisun could feel her face warm, eyes averted in embarrassment.

"wha-what was that for?" jisun stutters out, barely recovered from gyuri's sudden attack. 

with a smile still on her face, gyuri turns back to the pot on the stove, "i just thought that you were really beautiful so i wanted to give you a kiss."

feeling her face heat up considerably even more, jisun burrows into the taller girl's shoulder, but not before giving her a good smack which earns her an 'ow' and a light chuckle.

"where did you learn to be so smooth..." she mumbles into the fabric of gyuri's sweatshirt. 

"i was just stating the truth, jisun-ah." gyuri replies, turning the stove off and placing the lid onto the steaming pot of ramyeon to let the residual heat cook it fully.

gyuri turns around and wraps her arms fully around the shorter girl, burying her face into jisun's hair. her hands naturally come to rest at the latter's waist, jisun's hands coming up to her back to grip the fabric there tightly. 

they stay for a while, basking in each other's warmth, neither willing to break the long over-due embrace.

"jisun-ah." gyuri mumbles into her hair, fingers threading softly through the brown locks. 

jisun, who had gone to lying in the crook of gyuri's neck, gives a noncommittal "hm?"

"i love you." she punctuates it with another kiss to jisun's forehead. 

not being able to help the smile making its way onto her face, jisun breaks their hug momentarily to look at gyuri properly. she cradles her love's (one of her two loves, jisun corrects) face, her thumb running over a particularly ugly scar gyuri had gotten facing a skilled knife wielder; it went from her cheek diagonally to her jaw, the jagged slash leaving uneven bumps on her once flawless face. 

she kisses the marred skin, as if to soothe the already past pain. she meets gyuri's eyes, sees the pure love and adoration in them that she cant help but wrap her arms around her love's neck and bring her head down for a deep kiss. gyuri responds in kind, bringing her hands to the small of jisun's back and pulls her closer.

they kiss for as long as their lungs allow, pulling apart once said lungs gasp for air. jisun's hands had long abandoned gyuri's neck and had entangled themselves in the taller girl's hair. gyuri's hands hadn't wandered beyond jisun's hips, just resting at her waist, grip gentle as if she were afraid to hurt her.

(jisun appreciates the gesture, appreciates that even with seven years passing, gyuri still treats her as softly as she had done during their first years together.)

gyuri rests her forehead against jisun's, the goofy smile from before returning to her face.

seeing gyuri smile with such unbridled joy, jisun gives her a bright smile of her own, a laugh bubbling up and escaping. 

gyuri smiles wider, happy to see jisun laughing with such abandon, and she joins in, sneaking small kisses on the other's lips. 

"i love you too, gyul."

jisun is the first to pull away from the embrace, nimbly moving around the kitchen to get their utensils. looking at gyuri, she gestures to their modest dining table.

"come on, gyul, help me set the table."

gyuri salutes, smile still on her face. "aye aye, captain!"

jisun could only shake her head in amusement.

---

as saerom unlocks the door to her, jisun, and gyuri's apartment, she sees both jisun's and gyuri's shoes by the doorstep. at the thought of her two most important people, she smiles as the fatigue she felt from choreographing a 12-member dance routine melted away. 

taking her own shoes off and placing them neatly beside the worn converse and black wedges, she calls out into the apartment. "im home!"

not hearing the usual "welcome home!" greetings, saerom moves to investigate; her bath could wait a while. 

first walking into the kitchen, she finds a bowl, chopsticks, and a pot of (probably cold) ramyeon waiting for her on the table. making a note to eat that after her bath, saerom continues to look.

catching a faint noise coming from the living room, she comes in to find an endearing sight; both jisun and gyuri had fallen asleep on the couch watching what saerom could only assume to be spongebob reruns. they both were both lying on the couch, gyuri on the outside of the couch, one arm on jisun's hip and the other under both their heads acting as a pillow. jisun had buried her face in gyuri's chest, arms around the other's waist. 

snapping a quick picture, saerom grabs a blanket from their storage closet and drapes it over jisun and gyuri. she kisses their heads goodnight, smiling softly, before heading to the bathroom for a long, relaxing bath.

----------

i dont know how military bases/camps of any kind work lol