CH 3

Unpredictable Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soojung POV

My head hurts. I feel like it could explode. I really want to get this over with. I look at the watch on my wrist. Only ten minutes left but I am not quite done yet. I quickly answer the hard questions written on the paper. Now I don't really care if the answer is right or wrong. At least I answered the questions. I finished the test just on time. Now I feel relieved. I stood up from my seat and put my stationary in my pencil case and into my bag.

"Oh Soojung-ah, Annyeong. The exam was really hard, right?" I looked besides me.

"Oh! Jinyoung sunbaenim, annyeonghasaeyo" I bowed.

"No need to do that, just call me oppa. I feel awkward to be called sunbaenim" as he starched the back of his head with a grin.

"Ah, okay"

"Let's walk together!"

"Sure"

We walked through the hallways together side by side. "I haven't seen you around much, oppa. You are almost all the time not there when my friends and your friends are hanging out together" I said.

"Ah yeah... I'm really busy. Sorry! I'll make sure to be there to be there when you all are hanging out together next time."

"Sure thing, oppa" I smiled at him as we reached the main hall.

"Soojung-ah!" someone shouted my name. It was Taeyong.

"Hi!" I waved at him as he walked towards me.

"Hey" he smiled back.

"How was the exam?" he asked before looking to my side.

"Annyeonghaeyo sunbaenim!" he bowed to Seongwoo oppa who's standing next to me.

"Ah, don't need to be too formal with me. Just call me hyung" he said.

"Oh...okay, hyung"

"Okay, so I have to go now. Bye you guys"

"Bye oppa!" I said as I bid Seongwoo oppa goodbye.

"Oppa? When did you guys became so close?" Taeyong asked while raising his eyebrow at me. I rolled my eyes at him.

"He asked me to, okay"

"Why?"

"Oh come on. He was just being friendly, okay. Are you jealous because I can't call you oppa?" I jokingly asked.

"What? Eww. No!" he said.

"Okay. Keep lying to yourself, Taeyong-ssi"

"Let's just go?" he grabs my hand and start walking.

"Urgh! I'm so tired and my head hurts" I said.

"Aw. Did you do well on your exam?" he asked after messing my hair.

"I don't know" I shrugged.

"So, where are we going to right now?" I asked.

"Are you hungry?" he looked at me.

"Yes, OF COURSE!" as I nod my head vigorously.

"Then let's go eat!" he said.

"Yay! Are you going to cook for me? I love your cooking!"

"No, sorry" he looks flustered after my question.

"My parents are back from their business trip so I can't bring you to my house" he said.

"Oh. It's fine. I don't want to disturb your family" I said back to him. Is he embarrassed of me? I that why he doesn't want to introduce me to his parents? He also doesn't really talk about his family a lot with me.

"Soojung-ah? Hello?" Taeyong waved his hand in front of my face.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Huh? Nothing. Let's just go and eat" I said while giving him a small smile.

"Okay..." Taeyong said.

We arrived at our favourite restaurant that we always go to. Even the owner and staffs knows us.

"Your usual order?" asked the waiter.

"Oh! Yes, Jungwoo! And also I want a watermelon juice. Mango for you, Taeyongie?" I asked him.

"Yeah...hey, you remembered"

"Of course, when its you how can I forget"

"Okay, you lovebirds...your order will be served in no time"

"Thanks, Jungwoo-yah!" Taeyong said, flashing his smile.

"How was your day, Taeyong-ah?" I put my chin in my hands, focusing on him who's sitting across me. I looked at him who is staring blanking somewhere but not at me.

At this time his phone starts to ring. I looked at the caller ID and it says 'Mom'.

"Taeyong-ah, your phone..." I pointed at his phone.

"Oh! Excuse me for a while!" "Oh, okay..." I waited for him to continue eating.

"Oh sorry, Soojung-ah" Taeyong said after sitting on his chair.

"It's okay. Let's just eat, the food is getting cold. Eat a lot, Taeyong-ah" I put some of the side dishes on his plate.

"Thanks" he gave me a small smile.

That was weird. He looks out of his usual playful character. His smile also did notreach his ears... so weird. I continued eating my food, stealing glances at Taeyong, whom seems to be staring at everywhere else but me, while he ate his food.

"Taeyong-ah, is eveything okay...did something happened?" I asked him.

"Nothing happened. Are you done eating?" he said. "Yeah" "Let's get out of here" he stood up and proceed to walk out the door. I quickly stood up and hurried towards him. He is really acting weird. It started when he received the phone call.

"So, where are we going next?" I asked him, giving him a big smile hoping to cheer him up.

"I'm sorry but I have to go. Something came up" he said looking at me.

"okay then...go! Take care!" I said.

"Sorry, I couldn't walk you home"he said. I smiled at him before answering "No...I can walk home alone. Go safely" I slightly push his body.

"Bye!" I waved at him. I stared at his back, then sighed.

These days, Taeyong has been acting really weird, Always staring blankly. Distracted. I sigh again, feeling really lonely, and cold. "Why is it cold tonight?" I said to myself while walking to the bus stop. Ughh!! Every time after our date, he would send me home with his car or we ride the bus together because he loved riding the bus. He said that riding the bus was our thing. I don't know why but I feel like something bad is going to happen. I don't know what it is though!

 

Jieun's POV

The next day

I woke up like normal but I know its not like before. I checked the time and it's 6:30am. I have a lot of time to get ready. I finished getting ready and went straight to the kitchen. I cook my own breakfast because my parents always goes to work early. As I checked my phone for messages, I was surprised that I still had Mark's face as my wallpaper. It was during our graduation. Everyone was there and Mark wanted a picture together, just us two. It's a picture of Mark back hugging me while looking at each other. A tear fell without myself knowing. I quickly wipe it and finished my breakfast and went straight to the university.

At the university

As I reached the uni, I didn't really care much about the surroundings around me. I just walked pass everyone. I walk into class still early, no one was there yet so I decided to practice instead.

   

After I finished dancing, I suddenly heard clapping, I turned to see Byeongkwan. I was surprise as I thought I was the only one in the room.

"I'm sorry to scare you. I just couldn't help but be in awe by your talent" he said.

"It's okay. I thought no one was here" I told him.

"Oh, I was passing by when I heard music and I looked in to see you dancing beautifully" he said. I smiled at him and said "Thanks..."

I sat while waiting for the teacher. It was silent until he broke the ice. "I don't sound rude but..." I looked at him.

"Are you okay?" he asked. "I'm fine...why do you asked?"

"Well because of what happened last time and also the way you dance just now... I just thought maybe you... you were still upset..." he said. I thought to myself what he just said.

"You don't have to tell me if you don-" I cut him. "you're right..." I said. "What?" he said.

"I thought I was fine...I really thought that.. I actually force myself to think that I was fine but I'm not. Deep, deep down I 'm suffering so much" I said in a sad voice, holding a tear. He just sat there listening but once the tear drop, he hugged me. I was shocked. He pulled away.

"I'm sorry...I just couldn't help myself..." he said. I wipe my tear and smiled at him.

"It's okay...I actually really needed that... thank you, Byeongkwan-ah" I said.

"Anytime!" he said in the sweetest smile ever.

After class

I was on my way home when suddenly my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and was my mom.

"Hello? Eomma?"

"Oh, Jieun-ah!"

"Nae!" I said.

"Tonight, we're going to aunt Taeyeon's house. So come home early,okay?" She said.

"Okay, eomma. I'm actually on my way home" I said.

"Good! Get ready, we'll be waiting for you!"

"Okay, bye!" "Bye!" I hang up and went home.

At home

I went straight to my room and got dress for tonight. Mom seem to have placed what I was going to wear tonight...Well, I wore a navy dress and a pair of black booties because I'm not a heels girl.

"Jieun-ah?"

"Nae, Eomma?"

"Have you finish getting ready yet?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'm all done. I'll be done in a minute" I said.

"Okay" I closed all the lights and locked the doors.

At aunt Taeyeon's house

Everyone was here already. "Oh, you're here already!" my aunt said. "Yeah, we could have came slightly early, if only Jieun got ready more faster" my mom teased.

"Eomma!" I said.

"That's okay! You guys came right on time...come in!" my aunt said while letting us in.

"How are you, Jieun-ah" she said. "Good, I guess... how about you, aunt Tae?" I said. When I was small, I always called her aunt Tae and I guess as I grow that habit still continued but she doesn't s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter