Present & Book

Drabbles with YukiTo

The room was filled with silence as everyone took time to write their names on a piece of paper before folding it then stuffing it in a small cardboard box. 

 

Kota closed the flaps, shook the box a couple of times, then proceeded to take a folded paper from the box. "Oldest goes first! Now, the rest of you can decide who goes next." 

 

"What kind of ty rule is that?" Hanna criticized him before snatching away the box. "Anyways, I'm going next."

 

Eventually, the group had all chosen their people for Secret Santa and Hokuto was desperately trying to find out who had Yuki.

 

You see, Hokuto already knew what Yuki really wanted but Yuki made him promise not to buy it for her because it was expensive. Therefore, his goal was to chip in with her secret Santa. It's not really breaking the promise this way, right?

 

A grip was felt on his shoulder and Hokuto immediately turned around to find his girlfriend's older brother with a concerned look. "Hey," Daiki greeted which sent anxiety down the latter's spine. "H-Hey" He replied in concern.

 

"Are you by any chance... Amu's Secret Santa?" Daiki asked in a low voice. 

 

Hokuto glanced around the room before nodding back at him. "Are you Yuki's?" 

 

"Yeah... I was wondering if you can do me a favor." 

 

"I was thinking exactly the same." 

 

--

 

A few weeks later and Christmas had finally arrived. The Christmas tree flashed and flickered with its dazzling lights. An angel was perched on top, glittering with its silver luster. Jolly music filled the air and laughter was the greatest sound this holiday could offer.

 

Everyone took turns opening presents and after Yuki and Amu opened their's they were stunned by the hidden gem. Yuki received the pass she's been wanting forever. It was a reading pass that was sold in limited amounts. As a pass holder, you will have exclusive access to meet various popular authors and receive signed books from them. In addition, you receive 20% off books at any major retailers. The only downside to this was that the pass was insanely expensive and Hokuto was the only one who knew that she really wanted this. 

 

Of course, Hokuto tensed up when he was shot with a glare by Yuki. "Did you tell my brother what I wanted?" 

 

"Even if I did, that wasn't part of the promise we kept. Besides, he got it for a huge discount." Hokuto added, reminiscing the cash exchange between the two guys. To be honest, he paid for 90% of it- but it was Daiki who physically went to buy it.

 

As for Amu...

 

she got a signed album from Jesse Lewis thanks to Hokuto's connection.

 

--

N/A: I'M FINALLY DONE. 

It was originally ten words but I realized that I used several words in one drabble so I condensed 10 words into 6 chapters. 

Is that cheating? TAT

 

ANYWAYS NEXT: KIMKEI. Please be patient with me!