Chapter Six

Together Forever

"Time passes so quickly. Even when we try to hold onto it, we can’t."
~ Three Words

 

Sunghoon's POV

Three days before the reunion and all the preparations are done. Suwon have already made the reservation for the resort that we will be staying in. The youngest who's reliable as always. Jiyong and Jaijin hyung who occasionally asks if there is something else they can do to help. Jiwon hyung who keeps on nagging  about how Jaeduck hyung is avoiding us. 

A notification suddenly pops up. 

Jiyong: I'm on my way. 

"Oh? Jiyong is still not here?" Suwon returns to his seat after he went back from the restroom.

"He said he's on his way now." I replied. Now, we wait. 

10 minutes later, Jiyong finally arrived.

"Sorry I'm late. Did you order something already?" he asked. Me and Suwon shook our heads. "It's on me then." he said before leaving to order. He returns shortly. "It's the three of us again. So, what's the agenda for today?"

"We have a mission Jiyong-ah, to try and persuade Jaeduck hyung to come. We only have three days but I hope we can do it."

"It's quite difficult though, we've been contacting him constantly and we've heard nothing from him. He always says that he'll try but he never did." Suwon frowned. 

"Well, the least we can do is try. Where's he anyway?" Jiyong asked. 

"The last time I heard from Tony hyung, they're on Japan. Why don't we go there and drag Jaeduck hyung back here?" I suggested and the two just gave me disbelief looks. I know it sounds ridiculous.

"You're kidding, right?" Suwon deadpanned. 

"I do Suwon-ah. But if it's the only way, why not?" they both of them thinks it's still ridiculous. "What shall we do?" I asked them helplessly. 

Jiyong shrugs his shoulders in response. 

"Accept the fact the he's not coming
Hyung's been playing hard to get on us for the past four years already. I don't know what has gotten into him. It's not a big deal anyway, 5 out of 6 is a good number. If he doesn't want to come then let him be. If this friendship means nothing to him then that's totally fine." Suwon muttered. 

"You're not drunk aren't you Suwon-ah?" 

"I'm afraid I'm not Sunghoon-ah." he quickly responded. 

"Ah, this brings back memories. Suwon always sound like a drunkard when he's angry. Was it really 15 years ago when the three of us became friends? Then a year later, became friends with the hyungs." Jiyong said in awe. "Suwon-ah made it possible. I don't know why but he made it possible." he added. 

An idea crossed my mind. "I know what we can do to make Jaeduck hyung come."

"What?" they both asked in unison.

I smiled, I hope this works.

♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

1999

"Where's Suwon?" asked Sunghoon as he looks around for their friend. Few minutes later, Suwon came there rushing.

"Where have you been?" asked by both of his friends. 

"Long story. But I'm here now. I made it." Suwon was gasping. He obviously made his way there by running. 

"Yeah, you're almost late to your graduation ceremony." Jiyong muttered. 

The auditorium is now filled with ecstatic students and their families. It didn't take too long before the ceremony started. Then, names were started to get called. 

"Jang Suwon."

He made his way to the stage proudly. His two friends stood up and cheered for him. Cheering for their youngest friend. Their youngest brother. He finally got his diploma. He beamed at his family and friends.

More names were called until it was Sunghoon and Jiyong's turn to take their diplomas. Finally, they have finished their high school without any serious trouble. After the ceremony was finished, the three went around to congratulate their peers and vice versa. Jiyong even gave a flower to a girl. 

"You still like her don't you?" Suwon teasingly asked him. Sunghoon was grinning. Both were anticipating for an answer. 

"Yah! Don't look at me like that. There's nothing wrong with giving someone a flower, I just wanted to congratulate her." he answered innocently. Both were disappointed with his response but they didn't pester him any further. Although they think Jiyong could've tried more. They'll be in college soon and that might be his last chance to tell the girl that he adores her. 

They took some photos with their classmates. They took their time to thank all their teachers. They made their way inside the building. The place where they spent their high school years. Walking around for the last time, they started to reminisce all the memories they had together. Was it really four years already? Why does it feel like it's only been a year? 

"Well, it's time to say goodbye." Sunghooon said with a heavy heart. 

"Best four years of my life." Jiyong said, trying to lighten the mood. 

Suwon didn't even said a word. He only embraced them. 'Thank you for everything.' he thought to himself. 

It's time to go. They made their way out bringing all the memories they had made there together. 

Their families were waiting for them outside. It was time to take photos with their family. Everyone smiling genuinely. Their parents beaming proudly at their sons for reaching another milestone in their lives. 

Then the three of them had their photo time. It was their siblings who are taking their photos. Suwon's hyung is getting annoyed at how his younger brother is not taking it seriously. Suwon was doing silly faces the whole time and as expected, the two joins him in doing it. When suddenly, someone caught Suwon's attention. There was someone waving at them from afar. 

"No way! He really made it." Suwon exclaimed. Sunghooon and Jiyong turned their heads to the direction in which Suwon was pointing. 

"Jaeduck hyung!" they all hollered, running to meet him. Jaeduck was already opening his arms to them. "Congratulations my dongsaengs! I'm proud of you." he said, while getting suffocated with their tight embrace. 

They do miss him.  They do miss their hyungs so much.