Faint

Vixx Oneshots♡

Faint

 

//I'm not really happy with this one-shot ':) 

But I really wanted to write something after I watched this video of Hakyeon fainting at a concert in 2017. I never really fainted before so I don't really know how it feels. But I kinda collapsed because of overworking myself, so I used this experience a bit. I also never experienced Heat Exhaustion before, but I googled the symptoms and I hope I got them right ':)

Anyways. I hope you like this chapter and I'm always happy about comments ^^//

 

It was hot. Hakyeon could feel the sweat dripping down his face as if he had just taken a shower. 
I knew that he looked miserable. Their concert started 5 minutes ago and he was already exhausted. 
His legs were more wobbly than they've ever had before and there were black dots dancing across his vision. 
His whole body felt hot and he could feel a strong headache building. 

This was a bad sign. 

But he couldn't take a break now. This was important for Vixx. 
Too important for him to back out before the concert ended.

And so he pushed through. He could feel the worried glances s were sending him, but he tried his best to ignore them. This wasn't the time to feel sorry for himself. 

He was completely on autopilot. His body following the steps he'd spent hours on to memorize. And still, he knew that his performance was far from perfect. Everything seemed to be too far away for him as if he was half asleep. 
And then that unavoidable happened. 

He already knew during his solo in Love me Do that he wouldn't last long. But he still felt like crying as suddenly the world tilted a bit to the side and he was suddenly on the ground. 
Everything was spinning around him as he tried to focus again. His head resting on his forearms. s voice suddenly too far away.
There was a hand on his shoulder trying to help him up.
Desperate in an attempt to just keep going he tried to get his feet to work from underneath him. 
But as soon as he tried to get up, his legs refused to listen to him and he found himself again on the ground. 

His whole body was shaking right now and he could feel his body slipping in and out consciousness. Never had he felt this scared in his life. 

Just as he felt like he had to stay forever on the ground in front of all those people there was suddenly a pair hand grabbing him, hoisting him to his feet and supporting almost all of his weight. 
Clinging to that person like it was his only lifeline he could feel himself being dragged somewhere. 
But through the sudden change of posture, his dizziness only grew and he could feel himself falling into deep nothingness.
-
-
-

"How is he?"

"Is he okay?"

"What happened." 

All of the members were gathering inside the small waiting room, inside the hospital overflowing their manager with questions. 

"He's okay for now. He suffered from Heat Exhaustion which caused him to lose his orientation and to faint.
We can take him home with us. But he needs to rest a lot. " He told them.

Everyone let out a relieved breath in unison by hearing that their leader was doing okay for now. 
But still, nothing prepared them for their sight Hakyeon was giving them as they entered the small Hospital room. 

Their oldest was inside the hospital bed that looked way to big for him, despite his tall height. His usually so tanned face looked pale and there was a thin layer of sweat on his forehead. 
But still, his eyes lit up after seeing s. 

It didn't take long for them to all gather around to embrace him in a group hug. 

"Hyung, how are you feeling?"

"What happened?"

"Do you need anything?"

Hakyeon just smiled at their sudden approach, slowly lifting his arms to return their hug. 

"I'm feeling way better now, thank you. And I'm really sorry for letting this happen."  

"You don't have to be sorry for anything. Just tell us the next time you're not feeling right." Hongbin assured him patting his hear. 

"He's right. Just focus on getting better. 
And now let's get you home." Taekwoon smiled gently, stretching his arm out to help Hakyeon up. His lifelong friend gratefully accepted his help, rising out of the bed with unsteady legs. 

Despite Hakyeon's reassurances that he was fine, they all could clearly see that he was struggling. 
Almost all of his weight was leaned against Taekwoon's body on their long way towards their car. 

On the last meters, Taekwoon was practically carrying their leader as his legs refused to work properly for him. 
As they finally managed to heave him into their car his eyes were half shut and the sweat had started running down his face again. 

"Give him some water," Wonshik ordered Hyuk, who complied imminently. 

"I'm fine, really." Hakyeon tried to convince them, although unsuccessful since his voice sounded really sluggish.

"Of course. And now drink your water."

Weakly the dancer grabbed the bottle to lift it up to his head, but his hands were shaking too much for him. So Jaehwan got hold of the bottle and fulfilled this task for him, letting Hakyeon take slow gulps. 

"Thank you for caring." Their leader smiled softly, eyes slowly dropping shut, exhaustion overpowering him again. 

"Anytime Hakyeon. Anytime."

They smiled softly at his sleeping form,  before getting in their seats. 

Today showed them again that even if they fought a lot and teased each other, they were a family that cared a lot. 
So even if bad things like this happened, they always had each other backs.