Episode Four

Episodes of Us

I sit impatiently on the couch as Momo carefully changed Mina's clothes.

"You can go home, Nayeon. I can take care of Mina from here." She shooed me away while fixing Mina's pillows. "I injected liquid sleeping formula. So she'll sleep till the next day."

"You injected her what? I thought you said it was an alternate for the antidote!." I stood up from the couch. I'm ready to throw a fit.

"I said, it'll just ease the effect of the poison. And will you calm down? It was just for her to get sleep. Have you seen how weak she was?" I couldn't answer her. I looked at a weak Mina who's lying peacefully in Momo's bed. Yes, in Momo's bed.

"I'll stay here." I announced.

"No, you won't. If I'll have to knock you out so you can leave, I'll gladly do so." She pressed her knuckle and it gave out a cackling sound.

"I-I-can stay in the couch. I just want to stay here." I pushed. I don't want to leave Mina here, with her.

Momo sighed in defeat. "You don't trust me." That wasn't a question. "And I don't trust you either." She throw in a pillow and blanket on the couch. "If you try to do anything funny, I'll kill you right here." 

I gulped. I can sense she's serious about what she said. But I cannot let her feel I'm intimidated. 

"Is it hard to trust me?" 

"I don't trust everyone."

"Even Mina?"

She looked at me like I'm some sort of a retard. "You knew Mina can't be trusted, right? The girl could have killed herself long ago if I had just let her." 

Mina would do that?

"You don't know her that well. It's clear based on how puzzled you look right now." Momo's aura became dark again. "If you don't intend to stick around better leave her right away. Don't make a greater mess than what she is now." She went out of the room and I fell on the couch, my legs were shaking in fear; conversing with Momo was scary and tiring. Now, I know that the J-Line are bunch of bipolars. 

I gather all my strength and sat on Mina's bed. I looked at her as she's sleeping. 

An angel.

I decided to lay down beside her and locked her body for a hug. I was in that position when sleepiness get its toll on me. I closed my eyes and allow myself to fall in deep slumber. 


A sudden tap on my shoulder woke me up. When I open my eyes, Momo was already standing beside the bed and her mocking eyes looking at me. My eyes widen when I realized I fell asleep beside Mina, I sat up and wiped the corner of my lips.

"Well, thank you for making me sleep in the couch right in my own room, but good morning." She greeted or should I say insulted me. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" But she shoved me off the bed and checked Mina's temperature. She sighed in relief when she confirmed Mina is okay. 

"She had fever last night."

Did she?

"You were too comfortable sleeping to notice." She continued. I shook my head in embarassment.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" 

"Will she be okay if I wake you up?" Ugh, she's being sarcastic and I thought Mina was the sarcasm Queen. I just let her remark slide anyways I owe her one for making her sleep in the couch.

"I'll just make us breakfast, I'm good at-"

"I already made one for us. I woke you up to eat." She covered Mina with a blanket and stepped out. I was left speechless - wow she's ever ready. The door opened and Momo's head peaked in. "You coming out or what?"

"I-I'll be there." I kissed Mina's forehead and went out.


Momo and I had a peaceful breakfast, neither one of us is talking. We were eating in silence when her main door swung open. 

"Where did you keep her?" Sana stormed in. She directed to Momo who just keep eating her noodles. "Ya! I'm tallking to you!" She kicked the feet of the table which made our bowls and glass to shake. 

"Oh, hi there." Momo lifted her head and went back eating.

"I didn't come here for you but for Mina, give her to me and I'll leave right away." Sana take away Momo's bowl to get her attention.

Momo placed her chopstick down and looked at Sana with equal intensity.

Okay, I don't think I exist here. 

"I left her to you for just two months and this already happened to her!" Momo gritted her teeth as she speaks.

"Nothing is happening to her, what are you talking about? Just give her back to me so I can send her home." Sana was also furious.

"You wish! Mina will stay with me as long as I'm here in Korea." 

"Who gave you the right to keep her?"

Momo seems like she'll flip any moment. She stood up and she slammed her hands on top of the table. "No one needs to give me the right. I'm her bestfriend! And she'll stay with me whether you like it or not, whether she likes it or not. And whatever you say is out of the picture."

Sana seemed hurt for what she heard. Tears starting to form in her eyes. I want to stop them both but I'm afraid to get caught in the middle of their fight.

"Guys... lower down your voice. Mina is sleeping." I managed to say, very softly.

Sana turned her head on me. "She's here. Where is she? In Momo's room?"

"You'll never step in my room!"

"I'll take Mina with me." Sana left the dining and went to Mina's room but Momo blocked her way.

"Mina will stay, Sana. Don't make me use force just for you to understand." She's gripping Sana's shoulders rock hard.

"That's not for you to decide. Let's ask Mina who she wants to go with." Sana is determined to get inside the room.

"She's sleeping. I injected sleeping solutions on her. You can't wake her up." Momo let go of Sana's shoulder and stood aside, feeling defeated.

"You what?! How dare you admisnster injection on her without telling me. Mina is real sick right now, what if she'll have complications because of what you did?" She pushed Momo away and went inside the room. 

Momo and I were left outside. But not for long, Sana went out and slapped Momo twice in the face.

"How much did you inject on her?" Sana asked, tears were already falling from her eyes.

Momo and I began to panic. "What happened? I inject just enough for her to sleep for two nights."

"You fool! Did her temperature rose last night?" Sana asked while scanning her huge bag that was left beside the main door.

"Yes, but that was just a light fever." Momo defended. I remember what she told me earlier when she woke me up. I went inside to look after Mina.

"That wasn't fever Momo, everytime Mina sleeps her body heats up and her temperature drops real low in the morning. Check her right now, she's freezing." We hurried right inside and Mina was shaking in cold. "Turn off the AC and cover her with all your blanket. I'll call Dr. Park to come here." Momo complied but before she can step outside, Sana pinned her to the wall. "If anything happens to her, you will answer to the 7,000 families she's carrying on her shoulders. "

"Come here quick! Mina is having a seizure!!" I shouted while restraining Mina's involuntary shaking.