I Love You

To You Who Came Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

♫ Silence Wang & BY2 - 有點甜 (A Bit Sweet)


 

“Meeting  you was fate. Becoming your friend was a choice. But falling in love with you was beyond my control.”

- Unknown


 

The next morning, Chaeyeon woke up early in an unfamiliar setting. She sat up and rubbed her eyes to look around the room. As she looked to the left of her, she saw the most beautiful girl in the world sleeping next to her. A loving smile formed on her face as she laid back down, facing the girl.

 

Chaeyeon inched closer and stared intently at every little feature on Sakura’s sleeping face. Her expression was peaceful, almost heavenly. Her skin, fair, smooth and glowing. Her hair sparkled from the sunlight beaming in the room. She was the definition of perfection in that moment for Chaeyeon.

 

Am I still dreaming?

 

She asked herself, hoping not to wake up if she was. She reached out her hand towards Sakura’s face and caressed her cheek.

 

I guess it’s not a dream after all.

 

Suddenly, Sakura’s eyes slowly opened, meeting Chaeyeon’s gaze. Sakura was still a little drowsy, but instantly recognized Chaeyeon and beamed her a smile. She scooted closer to Chaeyeon, cuddling into her.

 

“Did I wake you?” Chaeyeon said softly.

 

“No, I was waking up anyways.” Sakura replied, snuggling her face into Chaeyeon’s neck.

 

They laid in bed for a while longer, savoring the moment.

 

“We should get out of bed before they catch us.” Chaeyeon said.

 

“I don’t want to, I want to stay here all day with you.” Sakura whined, tightening her embrace.

 

“Come on you lazy . We have things we have to do today.”

 

“You’re going to want some food in your system.” Chaeyeon added as she got out of bed and headed towards the door.

 

Sakura sat up, confused at what Chaeyeon was talking about.

 

As Chaeyeon left Sakura’s room, something spooked her.

 

“Why are you coming out of Saku-chan’s room?” Eunbi said standing in the living room.

 

“Uhh…” Chaeyeon panicked, not knowing what to say.

 

Chaeyeon and Sakura had decided to get together again after talking last night. They wanted to be together no matter what, despite knowing that they might have to separate once Sakura’s father’s project comes to an end. They agreed to deal with the issue once the time comes. They also agreed to keep the relationship secret from the others since Chaeyeon is still considered as her guard and working. They feared that if anyone found out that Chaeyeon would be removed from her protection details for personal involvement.  

 

“Uhh, I was helping her with something.” Chaeyeon muttered.

 

“She said her shower head was acting up and water wasn’t coming out.” She added as she rushed into the kitchen to prepare breakfast.

 

Eunbi looked at the flustered girl, confused by her reaction but didn’t bother with it so much.

 

“Hey, hear me out. I got something I want to talk to you about” Eunbi said as she walked closer to Chaeyeon.

 

“So, there is this girl I recently met, and I think I’ve fallen in love.” Eunbi whispered.

 

Chaeyeon looked at Eunbi, interested that she managed to find someone she can crush on during a time like this.

 

“Is she someone I’ve met before? How long have you known her?” Chaeyeon asked as she pulled a few eggs from the fridge.

 

“We’ve known each other for about a few weeks now, and you’ve met her.” Eunbi replied.

 

Hmm, someone in the last few weeks that I’ve met before?

 

I’ve been so busy that I’ve only been here and back to my apartment, so who could I have met?

 

Maybe I met them briefly or in passing?

 

Chaeyeon couldn’t figure out who Eunbi was talking about so she asked out of curiosity.

 

“It’s….” Eunbi leaned closer towards Chaeyeon’s ear.

 

“....Saku-chan.” Eunbi whispered

 

“WHAT!!!” Chaeyeon shouted, shocked at Eunbi’s crush which caused Eunbi to jump back.

 

Chaeyeon just stared at Eunbi, unable to close .

 

“W-why are you looking at me like that? Eunbi asked in disbelief.

 

“W-why Saku-chan?” Chaeyeon questioned.

 

“Why not? She pretty, cute, and a good cook. How can you not fall for her.”

 

Chaeyeon’s face began feeling hot, seeing how Eunbi fell for her girlfriend.

 

“Should I ask her out-”

 

“NO!” Chaeyeon interjected, surprising Eunbi again.

 

“Why?” Eunbi asked, scrunching her face.

 

“Be-Because….” Chaeyeon paused, thinking of other excuses beside Sakura being hers already.

 

“No-no personal relationships between you and your clients.” Chaeyeon stuttered.

 

“That’s why I was going to say after everything is done.” Eunbi retorted.

 

“Maybe she doesn’t like you.”

 

“You don’t know until you try.”

 

“Uhhh…. Maybe she has someone back in Japan?”

 

“I can still ask even if I get rejected. No harm in that.” Eunbi said, feeling suspicious about Chaeyeon’s reactions.

 

“Either way, you can’t unnie.” Chaeyeon refused to back down.

 

“Why are you so pressed about this? It’s not like you two are together or anything.” Eunbi added.

 

A cold sweat ran down Chaeyeon’s forehead, as her eyes wavered back and forth.

 

“Although, you two are quite close to each other…” Eunbi continued.

 

Crap, she knows!

 

“Also, did you even go home yesterday? I didn’t see you earlier when I came in this morning.” Eunbi continued to question her.

 

Chaeyeon palms began sweating profusely. She panicked and accidentally dropped an egg on the floor.

 

“The poor egg!” Someone yelled from behind them.

 

The two agents turned around and saw Nako. She had just woken up so she was still wearing her puppy print pajamas.

 

“Awwww.” Eunbi uwu over Nako for the nth time and forgot about her conversation with Chaeyeon for the time being.

 

Thanks Nako, I definitely owe you one.

 

•~•

 

“Why are you moving the couch and coffee table around?” Sakura asked as she watched the agents move the furniture in the living room to the side to make some space.

 

“We’re all going to teach you some defensive moves. We think this will be beneficial for you in the future, just in case you run into trouble.” Chaeyeon said as she placed a thin foam mat on the ground.

 

“Me? Fight? Have you seen me?” Sakura asked.

 

“Don’t worry Saku-chan. We’ll teach you moves that anyone can do.” Nako said as she stepped up first.

 

Sakura was reluctant at first, but agreed that knowing some fighting moves could help her out. Nako was the first teacher. She taught her first that if a man grabs her, the first thing she should do it go for their weak spot. However, Sakura quickly questioned what if the attacker was female. Nako stared blankly at Sakura, unsure what to do in that situation since she’s never encountered fighting a woman before. Most of the women who approach her are always either babying her or the yankees she used to fight, and her methods with them were quite crude so she didn’t want to teach her that.

 

“Uhh, I’ll show you a move you can do to anyone.” Eunbi said as she took over the lesson.

 

Eunbi taught her 3 moves she could do to buy her some time to run and get help. The first move she taught her was that kicking is always a good plan if you want to get the attacker at a distance to buy yourself some time to run. She told her she should aim for their abdomen and to kick as hard as she could. The second move was to temporarily blind the attacker by aiming for their eyes. She instructed her to jab her fingers in their eyes or throw sand or dirt at them if she had access to them. The final move that Eunbi taught her was to stun the attacker once grabbed.

 

“If the attacker is taller than you, knock your head back hard against their face or up towards their chin. That should stun them in pain, long enough for you to run away.” Eunbi instructed.

 

“Ooh, Chaeyeon taught me that when I got kidnapped.” Sakura proudly declared.

 

“That’s good.”

 

After Eunbi was Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon wanted to teach Sakura how to flip someone, just in case the other tactics didn’t work. Chaeyeon tried to explain it to her, but it was harder than she expected, so she asked Eunbi for help. She pulled the unwilling girl onto the mat and slowly explained the process again. After being flipped on her back for the nth time, Eunbi surrendered and asked to be excused for a bit. Eunbi got up, holding onto her back as she limped into the spare room. Nako followed to help.

 

“Hmm, I guess you’ll just have to practice on me now.” Chaeyeon said as she had no other volunteer.

 

Sakura grabbed Chaeyeon’s arm, trying to pull her over her shoulder, but struggled to do so. She twisted her body the wrong way and ended up losing her balance, causing her to fall and pulling Chaeyeon down on top of her. Chaeyeon quickly tried to pull herself off of Sakura, but she was held back by a hand on the back of her neck. The two stared intently into each others’ eyes. Sakura was being quite bold with her affection, but Chaeyeon was getting flustered; her heart pounding like crazy. Sakura pulled Chaeyeon closer, closing her eyes in the process. Chaeyeon slowly closed her eyes, giving into temptation.

 

“What are you two doing?” Nako said suddenly, causing Chaeyeon to quickly roll off of Sakura.

 

Sakura sat up and looked up at Nako, disgruntled.

 

“Ahh Nako-chan, you ruined my moment.” Sakura pouted.

 

“You’re gonna get caught if you keep being too bold Saku-chan.” Nako replied.

 

Chaeyeon just stared at the two girls blankly, totally confused.

 

“S-She knows?” Chaeyeon asked.

 

“Of course I know. You guys are so obvious.” Nako scoffed.

 

“Only an idiot wouldn’t figure it out.” She added.

 

•~•

 

Several days have past since the incident, and the safehouse had become a little more lively thanks to a certain duck. Yena was always bugging Chaeyeon about coming to the safehouse to play games with Sakura. They gamed online every once in a while, but Yena argued that playing with Sakura in person was much more fun, even though they bickered constantly. Although all the agents and Juri disapprove at first because Yena was a normal civilian, they ended up agreeing to let her come visit since Sakura seemed more cheerful with her around as well. Yena must’ve had a lot of free time on her hands though since she visited every other day from morning till night.

 

One morning after coming over to the safehouse for breakfast, Yena had proposed something different for a change.

 

“Sakura unnie, don’t you get bored being stuck in the house all the time?” Yena asked finishing up her breakfast.

 

“No, not particularly. I like hanging out at home and my games and umeboshi keep me company so I don’t really mind it.” Sakura replied.

 

“But there’s a lot of fun things outside to do too.” Yena argued.

 

“How about we go somewhere fun? Like an amusement park!” She added.

 

All of the girls turned their attention to Yena, glaring. Yena cowered in fear as she felt the stares bared

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter