Strawberry Cake

Strawberry Cake.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Ya, Hyewon-Ah. Look at that cute cafe over there!”

Hyewon smiled to herself as the older girl’s words flowed off of her tongue. At this moment, Korean came easy to her, as if it was her first language. Is this really the same girl who needed help finishing her sentences a couple of months ago? flashed through her mind, followed by an I’m so proud.

   “Do you want to go inside?”

I can’t believe it works every time,is what Sakura thought, but what came out of was-

   “I thought you’d never ask.”

Hyewon easily found the other girls hand, and started on her way towards the cafe.

_________________________________________

A bell sounds as Hyewon pushes open a glass door, stepping to the side to let Sakura through first. Awe strikes the older girl’s features as she takes in her surroundings. Grey walls and pink chairs encircled them, while leafy plants gave life to what would be an otherwise minimalist cafe. Sakura lends a quick nod to the woman behind the counter, before tilting her head upwards towards the menu.

As her eyes flitted back and forth over the board, Hyewon can’t help but stare. Her tongue is sticking out like it always does when she’s concentrating. How cute. However, it’s not the look on her face that’s keeping the younger girl entertained, but rather the fact that she knows the older one is not going to end up picking anything.

H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter