Nine

Good One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I think I spent more time doing research for this chapter until I thought I'll write whatever, huh. Grammatical errors are on me, I'm too tired to proofread. So let's just stick to fluff for now

Please, don't ignore my A/N at the end of this chapter. It will really mean a lot to me if you take a moment of your time for it. Thank you always.

-

Spring has always been Jessica's favorite season and with February coming to an end, with no more school work to worry about (she can worry about the empending bar examination much later) she is excited to spend a worry-free vacation Taeyeon promised her to go. One year ago didn't feel like three hundred and sixty-five days went by since they got married, only now they're going for that long overdue honeymoon.

Two luggage full of beach wears she can't wait to try on, a Hermes handbag with her personal esssentials, an iPhone on one hand and the other in the firm grasp of Taeyeon's warm hand, Jessica finds herself walking in one of Incheon airport's private departure area. They have Krystal in tow as promised that they will take her to an overseas trip, as much as the trip is for the two of them, she's never gone without Krystal who tags along happily. Taeyeon arranged the trip and won't tell her where they are going except that it's going to be warm and sunny, and lots of beach view in the western hemesphere.

"Will you stop fidgeting, sunshine? You're going to love my surprise getaway!"

"Okay, I'll stop asking. But this is so unfair, how come Krystal knows Taengoo?"

"Because baby Jung is my recruited sidekick!"

The two high-fived like dorks, and it killed the annoyance Jessica felt to see her wife and sister getting along so well. And maybe, Jessica falls for her wife, just a little bit more.

They climbed into the private jet owned by Taeyeon's company and settled in, Jessica by the window seat and Taeyeon gravitating towards the seat next to her despite the many vacant ones. Krystal settled to a seat all across the plane far away, she bets seeing a teasing smile on her lips before her sister turns around.

"Goood morning, this is your pilot speaking my name is Sehun Oh and joining me in the flight deck is captain Amber Liu. This aircraft type is a business private jet Boeing 747 8 VIP with expected flight hours of 12 hours in a generally good weather condition during the flight. To ensure your safety please fasten your seatbealts as we ready for take-off. Thank you."

"Twelve hours?! Why is it so far, Taengoo? My 's going to hurt."

"Babe you can sleep like a log far longer than twelve hours, and I intend to take you on a worry-free vacation where no work can kidnap me too. Imagine if we go somewhere so near like Jeju? I'm pretty sure my subordinates will keep trying to forward work to me." taking Jessica's hand, Taeyeon plants a kiss on her knuckles. "This is going to be about me and you, sunshine."

Jessica can hear Krystal fake-clearing . "I'm here too, you know? Spare me the mushy stuff until we get there."

Taeyeon and Jessica just shared a laugh before finally settling in to pass the time in the plane when the take-off turbulence has finally subsided and they're cruising thousand feet up above the clouds. After hours of watching two movies together, Jessica loads her playlist to lull her to sleep, head on Taeyeon's shoulder lay comfortably with the seat separator down so she can snuggle to her wife comfortably.

The best feeling ever is Jessica's last thought as she succumbs to sleep.

-

 

Twelve hours didn't seem that long when they mostly slept on flight, particularly Jessica. When Taeyeon woke her up, they are already preparing to land, the pilot is making announcements about their landing all the while still no mention of their location.

Krystal excitedly exited the plane with Taeyeon and Jessica in tow. Their luggages already loaded in a trolley pushed by an airport attendant who led them to the exit and an awaiting Jeep. The airport is modest in size, not crowded, and there's mostly Caucasians roaming. They hopped on the Jeep, the tanned man introduced himself as their designated driver and he will take them to the bay. Krystal taking the passenger seat while Taeyeon and Jessica takes the backseat. The driver maneuver them towards the exit driveway and soon enough they're past the gate.

Jessica can see the bluest of sea mirroring the vast sky blanketing the island-like landscape. Are they in an island? She turns to her wife who now sports a sunglasses, shielding her eyes from the glare of the sun. 'Kim Taeyeon, are we in an island?"

Taeyeon just shrug, pointing to a big stonewall with the sign TERRANCE B. LETTSOME INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT. Where on earth- she googled where that is, and the search results show: British Islands. The Caribbean!

Jessica can feel Taeyeon's amusement as her wife grins widely, there's a hint of self-satisfaction as well knowing the element of surprise wasn't lost. So Jessica stares, and returns her wife's enthusiasm.

Jessica takes on to herself to enjoy the scenic view in front of her in their short drive to the bay. It's obvious now that they are indeed in an island, a progressive yet well-maintained island. It was a short drive to a port where a boat was waiting for them. Taeyeon thanked the driver and gave him a tip after helping them load their things on the boat.

Jessica takes in everything, the sea breeze, the blue skies, the sun kissing her skin. Good thing she chose to wear a white tee and blue jeans when she initially thought of wearing a sweater since Korea was still a bit colder, the ice still melting. This is a big contrast from there, something about tropical places that they are in summer season the whole year round. Jessica loves it.

When Taeyeon said they will be going on a getaway, she half expected they'd be going somewhere like Bali or Hawaii maybe, for a second she even considered Miami Florida for a second. But she should know better, Taeyeon always put effort that includes considering which places to go. Guana Island, not necessarily the first place to come in mind, and it's very Taeyeon. Jessica thought.

The island is rather exclusive, Taeyeon must have arranged for this months ahead as a reservation for an accommodation sometimes takes months. There's even a waiting list during peak season.

The boat ride was short, when they arrived by the dock Krystal practically hops off and has taken to her phone, she started taking pictures. Jessica looks at her sister with content, she turns to her wife who has her own phone up clearly taking pictures as well, Jessica smiles involuntarily and Taeyeon captures it. Jessica mouths a "thank you" to her wife, and Taeyeon reaches out to hold her hand. Fingers entwined, they make their way to the shuttle service waiting to take them to the reception to confirm their accommodation.

Taeyeon did most of the talking in the reception, confirming their reservation in the North Beach Villa. Jessica always find it appealing whenever Taeyeon is talking in English, she may not have the accent, but Taeyeon talks with confidence and that is what makes her wife even more attractive.

It's only a quarter past two in the afternoon when they started to the two-bedroom villa on the secluded North Beach. The villa was beautiful beyond words in semi-concrete build colored in white. The interior was homey with brown wooden furnitures mix with white and grey throw pillows and covers. The walls are painted in white with native wooden ornaments hanging. Jessica and Krystal explores the villa they will be staying in for five days while Taeyeon locates the king bedroom to deposit her and Jessica's things.

The villa is nestled into the dune above Guana's bay with its interior an open plan, high ceiling painted in white with the living room adjacent to the dining area, a table for four in the middle and it opens to the sundeck with its own private pool overlooking the North Bay. The view is almost dramatic, white sand, blue sky, clear blue sea kissing the sky in the horizon.

Jessica moved in to look for Taeyeon while Krystal takes her bag to the remainin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter