Sungjae's Favorite

Sungjae's Favorite

 

"Where are you?"

 

"Answer my calls~ You better not be playing Starcraft!"

 

"LEE!!! CHANG !!! SUB!!!!"

 

The youngest's twentieth voicemail was sent. Sungjae ruffled his mess of a hair into frustration, it's almost been a whole day since he last communicated with Changsub and it's making him lose his sanity.

 

"Hey, Changsub's probably with his girlfriend, cut it down and wash the dishes, okay?"

 

Ilhoon grumbled as he put on his running shoes. He visited the damned dorm today to spend time with the members but none of them, but a grumpy and head-over-heels Yook Sungjae is at home. Ilhoon has been here for three hours and Sungjae has only talked about none other than his favorite person; Lee Changsub.

 

Girlfriend? When did he get a girlfriend?

 

The knobs on Sungjae's brain tossed and turned. He has never been this focused into squeezing something from his brain. Finally, a conclusion came.

 

"Hyung, what are you talking about? Changsub hyung doesn't have a girlfriend!" Sungjae shouted as he threw his larvae plushie to Ilhoon who only gave him a stank face before rushing out. Why does the younger get upset at topics like this?

 

How is Changsub going to get a girlfriend when I'm with him on all of his day-offs? Is he secretly dating someone from the theatre? No way. 

 

His phone buzzed and Changsub's solo single entitled "At The End" played throughout the room. Sungjae abruptly searched for his phone in his sea of throw pillows. The rush of excitement flew throughout his body. Finally, Changsub probably replied because he can't go on a day withou—

 

The narrative on his head was stomped on as he read the sender's name.

 

 

from: evilhoon hyung

reflect on your feelings towards changsub hyung. don't u cling to him too much??? and oops, i left the water running in the kitchen sink hehe. turn it off~

 

 

Sungjae sighed as emptiness dawned in the dorm once again. He was too occupied with his tangled thoughts that he only noticed the dripping water when Ilhooon mentioned it.

 

Annoyed that he doesn't have a choice but to get his up from the comfortable couch, he made his way to turn off Ilhoon's mess. The dripping mess that has already reached the kitchen floors only made him more agitated. That's it. If Changsub isn't answering him then he won't talk to him either. 

 

He rushed to the bathroom and immediately stripped himself. One hand turning on the warm water while the other has started harshly washing his body. There's no way he'd let Changsub know that he spent all day in the dorm... waiting for him or something.

 

He's dating someone huh? Then I'll date too. When I start to date someone, I won't reply to you either, Lee Changsub. You'll regret not giving me attention when I'm asking for it.

 

If it's possible, there'd be fire coming out of his fox like eyes. He grabbed any liquid formula and rubbed it on his body with the firm resolution that he'd be out before Lee Changsub sets foot to their dorm. 

 

Sungjae is an infamous tsundere towards Changsub. His care for the people around him is infinite but he doesn't like showing it directly. For some reason, it's harder for him to show it to his Changsub hyung. The reason? He has yet to find out. 

 

Sungjae's scrubbing intensifies as he recalls the twenty voicemails he sent. Even more when he realized how Jung Ilhoon didn't stop him at all from sending the twenty cringy voicemails. He sighed as he realized how ridiculously low he can get for Changsub. 

 

The almighty sungjae, why did you do that? Sungjae nagged himself and reflected upon his impulsive acts of affection towards the older one. He finally finished his 5 minute shower and stormed out of the bathroom with his phone in his hand. His left hand is drying his body and his right hand is busy sending and forwarding messages to multiple people, asking them to hang out.

 

from six sungjae ^^

public service announcement!!! who wants to hangout? reply asap and get ready because I'm already on my way out! 

 

 

The panicked Sungjae randomly clicked the people in his contacts, pressed the send button and threw his phone on his messy bedroom. He mindlessly grabbed a white shirt, black hoodie and some jeans and immediately changed into them.

 

He figured out he doesn't need to dry his hair because it would take too long and his ex-favorite-person Changsub might come home for dinner so he just grabbed a black baseball cap from his hat rack and off he went to the shoe rack located at the main door. 

 

His phone finally buzzed and Changsub's solo single has once again echoed throughout the dorm. He scrunched his nose at his choice of ringtone.

 

You see this, Lee Changsub? I was once fond of you, this much! 

 

He closed one eye as he slowly keyed in his 4 digit password. A big part of him still wants the message to come from Changsub, the latter part is his deteriorating ego, wanting to rebel from his true feelings. After some seconds of hesitation, he finally peeked at the screen, only revealing a message from Eunkwang.

 

from silverlight(4) 

wow~~ are you actually asking me to hangout?? hehehehe I'm at cube cafe, let's meet here?? I'll be waiting!

 

 

Sungjae bittersweetly smirked at the older's message. It's not a message from his ex-favorite-person but it works just fine. 

 

Can you see this, Lee Changsub? A lot of people wants my presence and you should be honored that I want to spend time with you. I am Yook Sungjae afterall; popular, rich, attractive and I have Gong Yoo's personal phone number.

 

from sungjae

okay eunkwang. see you.

 

 

He sent his reply, completely disregarding the fact that Eunkwang is older and he should use honorifics. After a successful confirmation of appointment with his Eunkwang hyung. Sungjae knelt down on the floor to tie his sneakers. His plan is working out well and he doesn't feel as sulky as before.

 

one, two

one, two

another tie to the left, a tug to the right

perfect! now he needs to tie the left pair.

one, two

one, tw—

 

A beeping sound distracted him from his shoe tying. Someone is keying in the dorm password and it might be, who else, but Changsub?!

 

He panicked and stood up awkwardly as the older set foot in the dorm with glee in his face.

 

"Sungjae-ya!" Changsub screamed at him as he tackled him with a tight hug. One second he was longing for Changsub and right now he's at the top of his body, squashing him on the floor. The younger's face turned red at the sudden interaction. He was overwhelmed with Changsub's presence, all the more that he seemed to miss him as well. 

 

After regaining composure from the tackle. Changsub brought out the box of donuts he bought from Cube cafe, bringing it up beside his face. 

 

"Oh! Changsub has disappeared! Which one is the snack?" The older comically gleamed at Sungjae's stoic red face.

 

"You're spitting saliva on my face. Ah, disgusting," Sungjae retorted as he pretended to wipe his face.


The younger snorted at Changsub's antics. Right, this is why he's so fond of him. He's a ball of sunshine that makes Sungjae radiate with happiness. Doesn't excuse the fact that he didn't reply all day though.

 

"Oh, are you going somewhere?" Changsub inquired, the smile on his face suddenly fading into a cute pout.

 

Meanwhile, Sungjae is baffled. 

 

Am I going somewhere? Do I want to go somewhere else when I could be with Changsub now? How do I explain this?!

 

Sungjae couldn't meet the older's eyes, looking at his untied left foot he cursed under his breath.

 

"No... I-I actually just got home.." Sungjae excused, hoping that Changsub won't notice that his hair is still dripping wet from the shower.

 

"Good! Then let's eat!" Changsub tugged on his left wrist and pulled him into the couch.

 

Finally, Sungjae is with his now-favorite-person Lee Changsub, with his ever favorite donuts at his favorite comfortable couch.

 

He'd have to really apologize and deal with Eunkwang's nagging later but he'll enjoy this first and make the scolding worthwhile.

 

 

—————————————————

excuse my poorly written fic, i jus i ,, i MISS CHANGSUB V V VERY MUCH. bye 💙