Ruins

Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The setup you and I had after the engagement party has been difficult. I spent most of my days at work while you had night shifts at the hospital. We barely spoke over ten words to each other even when a month had passed already. To be honest I do think it's better that way because up until now, I have nothing to say to you.

As for the wedding preparations, you and my parents are the ones to organize it. I only voice out my thoughts during the final decisions. Most of the time I just agree with what you've guys decided on already. In other words, I didn't care much about what's to happen soon. I just know that we're getting married two weeks from now.

Dad's been trying to make me get off work but I always decline saying that I can manage both my work and personal life at the same time. Although in reality I just didn't want to go home. I'm even planning to sell the current house and purchase a new one because I'm always reminded of the incident with Yujin whenever I step inside it. I had to sleep on the guest room too because getting inside t our room, makes me feel sick.

I'm also happy that Wonyoung lets me stay at her home whenever I feel like it's too much for me to handle. Spending more time at her home translates to me spending time with her housemate often since Wonyoung has late shifts too. I've known more things about Hitomi than what I've learned about most of my peers in less than a day.

“Do you want to eat out?"

I said while poking Hitomi's cheeks. She's studying another medical book despite it being Saturday. I swear she's read more medical books than the papers I signed every week. Her being studious is adorable but I like talking to her and she can't do that when she's studying.

“Can we have corn dog with cheese and teokbokki?"

We only had that last night but I can't refuse her. Not when she's pouting and her cheeks are all puffed out.

“Sure."

“I'll just go get changed then."

Hitomi placed the book on the table and rushed inside her room. Right on cue, Wonyoung appeared from her room. She just got back from her work and we let her rest.

“You're here again?"

I shrugged.

“Where would I be when I'm not in the office?"

She sighs.

“You've forgotten that you have a fitting today at 3 p.m. and Auntie’s been bugging me.”

My eyes went wide. I quickly my phone and checked my schedule for the day. Wonyoung is absolutely right. I really hate myself for not being more conscious over the time and my schedule.

“So are you gonna leave now? Minju is going to get an earful from Auntie if you don't come together.”

I thought about it. I promised myself that I will try to prioritize you less. With that in mind, I shook my head at Wonyoung as an answer. She gave me a questioning look.

“I already asked Hitomi for lunch, I still have three hours anyway.”

“Chaewon, I swear if you do anything to make my roommate leave I will make you pay for my bills until I find a new one.”

"Hey, why are you speaking as if I'm some predator.”

Wonyoung rolls her eyes at me before proceeding to the kitchen. She left me alone and it didn't take long before Tomi comes out all dressed. Wonyoung didn't bother coming with us and only asked us to buy her food to go.

Like what Hitomi and I agreed on, I bought her cheesedog and tteokbokki. She looks really happy eating it that it made me happy too. I haven't got my appetite back so I didn't eat much. I let Hitomi do all the eating while I watch her warmly. We finished eating earlier than I thought. I ordered another serving to-go for Wonyoung and dropped off Hitomi at their house.

“Thank you for the free meal unnie.”

I ruffled her hair because she looks cute as she smiles. She pouts and it only gave me access to her cheeks than scare me off. I held it with both of my hands and squish it lightly.

“You look so cute Hii-chan!"

I smiled at her. I didn't want to let go but Wonyoung announced her presence. She cleared and it took my attention. She had a teasing smile directly aimed at Hitomi who shyly run away. Wonyoung remained on the doorstep though.

“I bought you lunch, it's with Hii-chan."

Wonyoung nods her head.

“Minju dropped by earlier. She looked frantic. The fitting got moved earlier so they're probably starting now. I tried contacting you but you were too busy with my roommate.”

My eyes widened due to shock and fear.

, my mom's going to kill me. They have this motto that “Time is Gold" so my parents will really cut off my head.

“Get going now."

Wonyoung shooed me off before closing the door. I rushed to my car and headed to the fitting location. As expected, dad's car is already there so as our family car. I'm really doomed. When I got inside my mom gave me a glare.

“Kim Chaewon where have you been?"

I bowed at her first before matching her eye-level. I gave her an apologetic smile and began with my lies. I told her that I had to finish something for wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter