02 - Pictures

My best friend, Hwang Hyunjin.

It was peaceful until Hana's neck started hurting and she woke up. Hyunjin, being one who sleeps well, is still comfortably snuggled. Need she say that his head was heavy? For the sake of her best friend, she let it be for a few more minutes as she stared out the window.

Her thoughts started to wander as she looked at the passing trees. If Hyunjin really was gay, she'd still love him either way. He was family, not just her best friend. But something in that thought made her heart sink and her stomach drop. Hana stopped herself there before she started overthinking. To have any more feelings would break their friendship.

The next stop was theirs so she gently shook his lap until he woke up. He woke up with a groan and like a cat, stretching out his equally long arms and legs. The space wasn't that big and for someone with long legs, it sure wasn't enough.

" Good nap. " he giggled, slowly grabbing his belongings and cleaning up his bag. By the time they had arrived outside of the station, they were somewhat awake. It was already past noon, though. 

" Should we have lunch now or should we have lunch there? " Hana tilted her head in question.

Hyunjin hummed, lips thinning as he tapped his chin. " Let's buy something and eat there. We can have our own photoshoot. " He wriggled his brows up and down.

This is probably another reason why they're best friends. Hana is good at taking photos and Hyunjin is naturally gifted at being a photogenic model. Hana liked having her pictures taken but so far no one except Hyunjin has had the ability to take decent pictures of her. And that's one of the reasons why she loves Hyunjin as her best friend.

Hana smiled in response. " Good idea. What do you feel like eating? I want rice. "

He raised his brows and nodded in reply, " I want rice, too! Let's walk around. Maybe we'll find something. "

So, the two walked out of the train station and scouted the place for food. It didn't take them long to get food but all the different snacks were making them hungrier.

They stopped at the first stall they saw selling hot cakes. Hana was nudging him and obviously they went there without hesitation. The middle aged lady that was working there seemed so delighted to see them.

" Aigo, what a beautiful couple! What would you like to eat? " she greeted them cheerfully, but the two could only hear the word 'couple' ringing in their heads. The two turned to look at each other, smiling. As if reading each others mind, they laughed, not having the heart to tell the her that they were just best friends.

The lady gave them gracious amounts of food while saying, " There aren't young couples like you two lately taking the time to travel and not just being glued to their phones. You two are so well behaved, too. " She chuckled, glancing back and forth between the food and their faces.

They thanked the lady and bought a rice meal and a few other fried snacks before hurrying off to catch a short ferry trip to their destination. Hana chuckled, thinking back to the amount of times she heard the aunties and uncles at the stores saying they were such a beautiful couple.

She shook her head, " Guess you're the boyfriend I never had today. " To this, Hyunjin laughed. " You should be thankful! I'm good at getting discounts, I can dance, oh, did I tell you I can rap? " He flailed his hands around, making some move with his fingers.

The girl snorted. " Yeah, yeah. You're multi talented. I'm so thankful my best friend is a living and walking talent. "

Hyunjin pouted, reaching out to pinch her left cheek. " You're so naughty. I can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or actually honest. "

She smacked his hand, sticking out a tongue at him. " I will bite your hand. " Hyunjin frowned, scrunching his face in an adorable way before patting her cheek gently.

" Good boy. " She smiled. He clicked his tongue, feigning annoyance as he looked away. It didn't take long for them to reach their destination.

Of course, whilst on the ferry, Hana didn't waste the opportunity to snap pictures of Hyunjin being his natural photogenic self. Meanwhile, Hyunjin took the chance to take her unglam pictures.

By the time they reached the island, they searched for the nearest spot they could sit at. Without another moment, the two were digging into the food.

This was probably another reason why they're best friends. They inhale food without talking. Hana hated when people talked with their mouth full or while eating. The two of them could relate to this.

The sound of the bags rustling and movement accompanied by the soft blowing of the breeze and footsteps around them were the only things that could be heard. Other than that, it was comfortable silence. They did not feel the need to speak until the two had finished their food.

" Ah, I'm full. " Hyunjin leaned back, patting his tummy. Hana, whose eyes were already heavy, nodded along. " We should probably move before I get food coma right here, right now. "

He chuckled, " What a fatty. "

She pouted and glared at him but didn't say anything because this wasn't the first time she wanted to sleep after eating. Instead, she groaned and started cleaning the trash.

Following suit, he also joined in clearing the trash before pulling her up on her feet. " Time to explore! "

The two started taking pictures everywhere they went. They were walking past the numerous trees until Hana stopped in her tracks, looking at her best friend in excitement. " What? " He raised a brow at her, stopping as soon she did.

" You don't know this place? It's famous in drama scenes! " She pouted. The taller boy made a face before telling her to stand there. " Fine, I'll take a picture of you. "

Hana shook her head, " No, no, we need to take it together! " She pulled him beside her, whipping out his selfie stick. " Since when did you- Gee, let me hold it instead. " Despite being unready, he still looked photogenic. He took around three to four snaps and Hana could only pray that she looked decent in at least half of the photos.

Bringing the phone in between them, he bent down to her eye level and swiped through the pictures, nodding in acknowledgement. " I take good pictures, don't I? " he raised his brows at her. Hana was actually surprised they looked decent together - and that's because his beauty usually outshines hers. Well, her and generally many other people as well.

She turned to look up at him but was surprised at how close their faces were. He didn't seem to be affected by the proximity and continued to stare at her. Without another word, she gently pushed his face away from hers. " I take better pictures of you. " She rolled her eyes. " But it's alright. " She quietly added on as she walked away from him.

Hyunjin took a few large strides and he was already walking beside her. His hand was pinching her right cheek this time. " You're so mean. That's true, though. " Staring at him in unhappiness, she grabbed his hand and bit it. " Of course it's true. "

The boy quickly pulled his hand back and frowned. " Ow! Come here- " He then engulfed her in a suffocating hug. " You meanie! Suffer! " Hana wriggled out of his arms and ran away, leaving him behind. " I told you I'd bite you! " 

Not even five minutes later, they were worn out from chasing each other. Panting heavily, Hana held a hand up, " No more running- Especially not after eating. " The other giggled through short breaths and nodded. " Definitely. "

Reunited after all the running, they continued walking around and having another round of picture taking. It's a surprise their phones haven't reached max storage. One thing for sure is that Hana's phone battery was about to die. 

 


 

Oke, back with another chapter! I purposely delayed it by a week (has it been more?) because I didn't want to run out of ideas and chapters too fast, so I wanted to take it slow and show their friendship.

I hope this wasn't too boring for the readers!  Till then~