of lockers and detentions.

shots of minkkura.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

//

 

“this is yabai!”

 

“quit dragging me, you dolt! if i fall on my face, i am so kicking your !”

 

“stop whining and keep running or i’ll feed you to the formidable savage! make use of those long legs of yours for once!”

 

“i always have to use them when it comes to your ridiculous schemes!”

 

“ugh, my eardrums are gonna burst hearing you guys’ shrilling squabble! i’m saving my own , bye nincompoops!” choi yena, currently the only one with the braincells at the moment (surprisingly), saluted her two other classmates farewell with a smirk as she took a quick left turn towards the stairs. 

 

habitually, the duck look-alike hoisted herself onto the polished railings and swiftly slid down the stairs, her wavy brown locks dancing in the momentum. landing smoothly on the linoleum floor, yena looks up the flight of stairs she had gone down from and stuck her tongue out to her favourite duo who gave her looks of betrayal.

 

“have fun escaping from the almighty kwon! i’m yeeting my way out! to infinity, and beyond!” the troublemaker (1/3 of them) hollered, cackling as she sprinted down another flight of stairs and towards the tempting light of freedom— the school’s exit.

 

“that damn duck!” sakura cursed aloud, feeling her veins popping out in irritation as she glared at the spot yena previously stood at.

 

perhaps, taking an exit through the hallway where the student council room was placed wasn’t the best idea, clearly. it couldn’t be helped that the said hallway was the shortest route to the school gate, so naturally, sakura had suggested for the three to escape using the risky route.

 

detention is a huge waste of time and most certainly a pain in the , everyone would most likely agree. who ever wants to waste precious time sitting in a stuffy classroom until their butts are practically glued to their seats? sakura could use all those hours playing fortnite or apex legends on her beloved pc which awaited her grand arrival at home.

 

they say patience is a virtue, yes, but it was a trait the trio definitely lacks. minjoo, sakura and yena are labeled as the ‘troublesome three musketeers’ (within their class) who often seek trouble and a wee bit of thrill due to their intrepid (juvenile) personalities despite being high schoolers— an age where maturity is a crucial aspect (yet these idiots lack too much). 

 

their current predicament would definitely put them in a much dire consequence. a day of detention might not suffice, the student council president (cue sakura’s snort) would undoubtedly extend it to a week, or worse, two weeks. don’t even get her started regarding cleaning the girls’ toilets, that is if worse comes to worse.

 

let’s just say the trio would rather bow down and kiss the shoes of the student council president (which they will never ever do in other circumstances) than having to clean the girls’ toilets (yes, it is that frightful).

 

“kim minjoo! miyawaki sakura! get your asses back to the detention room this instant! and where is that halfwit of a duck?!” 

 

the bellow of the infamous (to them) student council president, kwon eunbi, could heard at the end of the hallway as she stomped dangerously towards them with steam billowing out of her ears and fire in her eyes.

 

sensing immediate danger, minjoo tightens her hold on sakura’s hand in sheer panic as she tugs on the hem of her companion’s uniform relentlessly. seeing the comical look of dread on minjoo’s face, sakura had to stifle a laugh. 

 

of course, contentment never lasts. chaeyeon, the vice president of the student council, magically appeared on the bottom of the stairs with hands on her hips as she bores holes into their heads with her piercing glare. 

 

“that duck may have gotten away but i will not let you two off so easily!”

 

oh how fruitful. sakura swallows as the two presence suddenly deflated her confidence by a tiny bit. 

 

it is a known fact that whenever these two are together, they somehow become unstoppable and unbeatable because of their astounding cooperation and synchronisation. as of now, the whole scene seemed as if eunbi and chaeyeon are the heroes in pursuit of the gutsy villainous duo, sakura and minjoo.

 

from a spectator’s point of view, it would totally be entertaining. hyewon would have munched happily on pringles as she would witness the whole scene unfold infront of her doe eyes.

 

“oh , sakura we are so busted.”

 

“as if i’ll let that happen, run minjoo!” 

 

securing a tight hold on minjoo’s soft left hand, sakura began dragging the poor redhead (once again) along as they dashed through the hallways, making turns every now and then in hopes of losing the two vicious presidents. 

 

alas, they came to a dead end, with only a white wall to greet them as their downfall.

 

“all that running and for what? i should’ve just went with yena-woah!”

 

minjoo shrieks in surprise when a pair of slender but strong hands grabbed her shoulders and abruptly shoved her inside an empty, confined space. 

 

“a locker?! mmpf?!”

 

shutting the door of the locker close, sakura instantly places a hand over minjoo’s mouth when she senses an incoming complaint from the latter. she narrowed her eyes at the fidgety girl, putting a finger on her lips to hush minjoo.

 

“you’re so noisy!” sakura whisper-shouted, squeaking in shock and retracting her hand quickly when minjoo bit the palm of her hand that covered .

 

minjoo’s eyebrows knitted in a frown, wanting to put the short haired girl in place when she realises the status quo. sakura had shoved them both in a locker out of panic when they ran out of options. 

 

it’s much more stuffy than the detention room, with conspicuous dust particles floating idly in the confined space as the light from the hallway outside illuminated them, the rays peeking through the thin, horizontal gaps of the locker.

 

but that didn’t matter when all minjoo could think of at the moment, is the proximity of their faces, their bodies in this small space they had managed to ridiculously fit in somehow. 

 

ohmyinggod, what did i do to deserve to be put in such a dangerous predicament-

 

minjoo internally rapped in anxiety, her mind abruptly swirling as heat was engulfing her entire being. the confined space didn’t help one bit. 

 

she doesn’t even dare to move a muscle, scared of unnecessary (and explicit) touches that could possibly occur, especially when they’re squeezed together. no matter how hard she pushes herself back against the locker to avoid physical contact, the distance barely (never) increased. they’re practically chest to chest, with sakura’s hands loosely pinning her arms by her sides. but ultimately, sakura’s knee that is situated between her legs is the main cause of her rigidity. 

 

this is torture! minjoo screeches in her head, gulping when she could feel her legs trembling. (curse her imaginations!)

 

if she moves even by a centimetre, god knows what will happen and she prays endlessly that the brunette doesn’t inch any closer. that would be the end of kim minjoo once and for all.

 

“you’re not having an asthma attack, are you?” 

 

when minjoo lets her eyes travel up to meet sakura’s, for a moment, she’s enthralled and dazed. she forgets to breathe for a few seconds, knowing that the divine being squashed against her was the cause of her congested airways (and frenzied heart rate).

 

realising that she’s stared longer than she’s supposed to, minjoo in a breath through her teeth and gulps in nervousness. she whirled her head towards the gaps of the locker door, pretending to scan the hallways with squinted eyes. 

 

“i-i don’t even have asthma.” minjoo had to resist the urge to spout profanities out loud due to her tiny blunder. 

 

she wasn’t the type to stutter at all despite having an innocent face that looks so genuinely timid and diffident— you’d just want to protect her. when she first came to this school, people thought exactly that; mousy, diligent, attentive, you name it.

 

eventually, she got tired of people viewing and praising her in such a one sided perspective and finally revealed her true colours. she isn’t a bully or anything (she detests bulli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter