The Reveal

The Gamer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie's POV

"Come on... Do you want me to make a song out of you too? That seems really fun, don't you agree with me? Jennie?"

Holy ?! What the hell just happened? Did I fall when I was showering and knock my head against the concrete tiles? I'm pretty sure I'm unconcious right now and I'm dreaming of everything.

"Yahooo? Mandus? Jennie? You there?"

I swallowed the lump of saliva that was forming in my throat and I took deep breaths before I deem that I was indeed alive and had made a fool out of myself.

"Jennie? What is that thing? Is that a name of a food or a puppy? Perhaps your puppy at home?!" I produced one of my tiny baby voice and smiled at my computer despite not being on a video call with Jisoo.

"Oh yeah! How do you know that I have a puppy named Jennie?"

"Hmm, I don't know? Just a wild guess I made hehe!"

Play it dumb, play it dumb. She's not going to suspect anything. I'm one of the best actress for my age. My mother told me so...

"That was a good guess... Is that what you think I'm going to fall for? Kim Jennie?" The hint of playfulness behind Jisoo's voice a second ago suddenly turned serious and I was left stunned in my seat.

"Yah... Who's Kim Jennie? Your friend?" I clasp my hand together and prayed to dear god up there that he could bless me and get me through this moment. For the past 19 years of my life, I, Kim Jennie had never faced any obstacles that seemed as daunting as this. This was an obstacle that I wanted to avoid at all cost. Yet here it is, forcing me to face this obstacle head on.

"Yeah, you are my friend."

"Me? What, no...? We are enemies remember? You killing me while I try to run away from you?" Just as I had came up with another great lie, I heard my phone ring beside me. I took a peek and thanked whoever had just saved me as I could use this as an excuse to avoid this interrogation with Jisoo right now. 'Jisoo (The prettyass girl)'

You must be ing kidding me...

 

 

"Hey... Give me a minute, my... mother is calling me right now." I muted the skype call before I could catch her reply. I brought the phone up and cleared my throat before answer the call.

"What's up Jisoo? Is something wrong?" I spoke in a pitch higher than usual as my heart was starting to pulse really quickly due to the recent stressful situation I had found myself in.

"Nothing's wrong, I just wanted to hear your voice."

"Uhm, okay?"

"Yups, now that I've heard it I'll be ending the call now! Talk to you on the other line." The call went dead and I cursed internally as I knew what Jisoo had meant. Yes, I was busted.

I unmute the skype call and I sighed deeply into the microphone. "So, Jennie, I didn't know that you saved my contact number as 'mother'. Care to let me know since when did you find out who I was in game and how? You don't have to play dumb anymore because if you didn't already notice, the robot voice changer thingy you had isn't activated right now."

To my dismay, the voice changer really wasn't on. I must have ended the application before I showered and I thought it was the end call button for skype. I'm such a .

"Yikes, I guess the cat is out of the bag..."

"Yes it is, so will the human cat now give me an explanation?"

"It... Hasn't been long since I found out who you were. I mean I only knew that you were Jisoo like, the moment this skype call started. You and Lisa also mentioned playing this game but I never would have thought that this would have happened. I just heard your voice when the call started and I linked your in game name to your nickname. Friendlychu and Jichu, it isn't that difficult to connect the dots."

"Wow, it must be fate for us to meet in this game. But I must have been rather dumb as well if I couldn't match your face to all the pictures you have sent me. I mean you always covered part of your features so it was difficult, but the cheeks should have instantly gave away your identity. I guess I just didn't expect you to actually play games... Wait, I thought you said you don't game?" Thankfully, Jisoo sounded more surprised than angry. I was expecting her to at least get upset for trying to deceive her during this skype call but she didn't.

"Well, I only started gaming recently and I'm worried about what my friends around me would think about this hobby. I was afraid that you guys would think that I'm some loser who spends hour playing some stupid game when I could have done much more interesting stuffs meanwhile."

Jisoo's angelic laughter resonated in my ears and I instinctively smiled at the sound of it. "If we were to think of you as a loser for playing games, then I'm probably the biggest loser you can ever find out there."

"You are right!"

"Hey! You were not supposed to agree to that!"

"It's not my fault that my parents taught me not to lie!" We were exchanging friendly banters and it made me feel glad that she finally

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter