chapter 1

i'll never love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: So I'm back with an update of this fanfic. Finally finished my exams, and I'm bored as hell (Especially with the IZ*ONE drought we've been experiencing). And this fanfic is basically my way of coping from missing our babydeuls.

A forewarning though, I'm not a medical student. I'm just a psych student and I've had some background information from some of my classes in uni, so I would say I know the bare minimum about amnesia and all that. Also some of this will be based on online research, so I apologize if I get things wrong. Besides, the medical terms and stuff will only come up a bit in the first few chapters, and then we're going full fiction after.

This chapter is also a bit short since it does follow exactly after the prologue. I suggest rereading the prologue before diving into this one. Hopefully the next chapters will be longer.

Anywho, hope you guys enjoy this story :))

 

CHAPTER 1

 

“I’m sorry… Who are you?”

 

Eunbi saw the woman’s face fell then twisted to a completely horrified look right as she asked her question. Was Eunbi supposed to know who this woman is? By the mysterious woman’s expressions alone, she feels like she should. Eunbi felt like a piece was missing. She just didn’t know what.

 

“I’m Chaeyeon. I’m your wife.”

 

It only confused Eunbi more when the woman claimed to be her wife. If Eunbi were a cartoon character, she would have had to collect her jaw from the floor. All she could feel was shock. Because that shouldn’t be possible. Eunbi, married? The last time Eunbi checked, she wasn’t even dating anyone, let alone married. 

 

She wanted to protest. Maybe this Chaeyeon woman is delusional. Got into the wrong hospital room and started spouting out random words. But before Eunbi could respond, a knock sounded, followed by the door opening to reveal a beautiful young woman dressed in a lab coat. She had walked into the room with a clipboard in her hand. Eunbi guessed this was probably her doctor, and it was likely her medical record that the doctor was bringing. “Good to see you finally awake, Mrs. Kwon-Lee. I’m Dr. Kim Minju, it's nice to meet you.” 

 

“Doctor,” called out the Chaeyeon woman who was still standing at the side of Eunbi’s bed. “What happened to my wife— S-she doesn’t know who I am.” 

 

The doctor’s eyes widened for a very quick moment before she schooled her expression back to normal. She steps forward with a small smile directed at Eunbi. “I’m going to ask you some questions, if that’s alright with you?”

 

Eunbi nods.

 

“Can you tell me your name?” Dr. Minju asks.

 

“Kwon Eunbi.”

 

“How old are you?”

 

Eunbi could feel practically feel Chaeyeon tense at the doctor’s question. That made her feel weird and awkward about having to answer the question, but she did anyway, albeit tentatively. “I’m turning 25 this year,” she says.

 

At that, Eunbi hears a gasp coming from the mysterious woman who had claimed to be her wife. She looked over to see Chaeyeon’s eyes start to gloss over, building up tears that threatened to fall. Why is she so affected by something so menial as my age?

 

Eunbi scrunched her eyebrows together in confusion. Not able to look at the teary eyed woman, she looks to her doctor instead. “What’s wrong?”

 

The doctor gave Eunbi a sympathetic look. It didn’t make Eunbi feel any better. “I’m afraid to say that you might have lost your memory, Mrs. Kwon-Lee.”

 

For what felt like a whole minute, Eunbi stayed silent as she took in what the doctor had said. She’s sure that at one point she should respond. But right now all Eunbi could do was stare at the wall in front of her and repeat what the doctor said in her head, over and over. It didn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter