A burning Question

Hell To Pay

Her thumb skimmed across the embossed surface and she grimaced, ready for the onslaught of insults from Hwasa as she appeared but there was none, in fact, there was no Hwasa. Frowning slightly, Moonbyul pressed her thumb down hard as she felt the lettering glide across the skin. It was unlike Hwasa to be late but Moonbyul had to remind herself of what she had said before about being able to choose how things affected her and anyone she came into contact with. Sighing as she lay back on the sofa, Moonbyul allowed her head to swim with the memory of the woman she'd met only an hour before and a grin crept across her face slowly.

"Well, that's a little disconcerting to see, you look asleep but something is clearly making you happy soooo... i'm not sure why you summoned me at this hour when I was perfectly happy between the th...nevermind what I was doing. What's wrong now?", there was an edge of annoyance to Hyejin's voice made Moonbyul feel like she was a child being scolded by an irrate parent. Opening her eyes slowly, the grin sliding from her lips as she thought of how to word her question. Hwasa stood with hands on hips, her left eyebrow raised expectantly as she waited, clearly she felt as though her time was to be better spent elsewhere.

Deciding to just blurt it out and hope not to be laughed at because of the ridiculousness of her question, Moonbyul took an unnecessary breath and plowed on, keeping steady eye contact with Hyejin. "Well, when I was trying to find a soul to reap, I found the perfect person and I was just thinking about the method in which to reap when someone was stood in the doorway, I thought she must be a visitor, but she could see me, she came in and took the soul herself with the pretence of showing me how it was done. I was just wondering since she looked like an angel, can we ever be in.....physical contact?", the blush would have risen on her cheeks fast if she had blood flow but she had to be content with just sitting there awkwardly until she got a response.

It took Hwasa a moment to hear what had been said and carefully think of her response, she didn't want to be summoned again any time soon since she had left Wheein waiting. After a few minutes, in which Moonbyul fidgeted uncomfortably, she answered in a monotonous voice. "So you met and angel and the first thing you ask is if you can touch her?, typical, I wondered why you'd been sent to me by Jihyo but now I understand. Normally you can't touch an angel because the moment evil touches a pure entity, both parties cease to exist.There have been exceptional cases however, when a part demon, someone who is freshly damned, may touch a newly blessed soul and still exist. Although the contact may only be temporary, it is intense and both parties seem to accept that they will perish afterwards. Touch her at your own peril but I warn you that there is nothingness to await you if you are unsuccessful. You have been warned Miss Moon, goodnight.". Moonbyul was left with a lot of thinking to do as she watched the exact spot where Hyejin has just disappeared intensely.

Wheein was laying on her back, legs apart and fully , her eyes were trying to close through tiredness but she shook her head to wake herself up and smiled as she saw the bathroom door open and Hyejin walk back into the room. "What took you so long?, I missed you while you were gone. Now where were we?.", Hwasa prowled along the bed until she was on top of Wheein and she leant down to kiss her lips passionately before breaking off the kiss and moving to mutter into her ear, her seductive tone making Wheein shudder excitedly. "I'm so sorry you had to wait, but i'm back to take care of business, just lay back and enjoy yourself.".