A Little Help

Hell To Pay

A couple squeezed past them as they walked into the cafe, still holding hands, the woman glanced down to where the two women's hands were connected and looked quickly to her boyfriend's face. His eyes had done the exact same thing as hers and now he smiled to himself as random thoughts raced through his head before he composed himself to see his girlfriend looking at him for comfort away from these sinners blocking their exit.

Hwasa took a moment to watch the mini internal conflict writhe inside the pair as they forced polite smiles and bowed half-heartedly before finally passing through the doorway to their escape. She didn't even turn to watch them out but smirked in victory as she led Wheein to a vacant table and sat down opposite her, waving an employee, who had been cleaning the surface of the same table six times already, over to order. Wheein felt like she had cotton balls stuffed in her ears because she heard no words pass between them but the man hurried away to make the drinks order within minutes.

A steady beep of various machines and a slow rickety sound of unstable trolley wheels echoed through the flourescent tube lit corridors as a handful of staff moved between rooms and tended to the various patients. It was night so the deserted corridors had an eerie echo to them and Moonbyul heard her own shoes stick and subsequently peel up from the linoleum flooring as she made her way between wards trying to figure out which patients were critical enough to reap and which were to be left well alone.

Looking about her as yet another rushing and tired looking member of staff passed by, she looked in on an old man in the room directly to her left. Even when she was alive she couldn't have told you what all the tubes were for and what the function of all the machinery was except to keep him alive. Although she would have to act like a concerned family member whenever anyone entered the room, for now, she picked up his chart and gave it a cursory glance, finding out just how seriously ill he was and trying to weigh up how long he had left. It was a hard job and as she stood at the foot of Mr Yoruichi's bed while he was safely cocooned in his coma and listened to the steady mechanical breathing of his life support, she tried to figure out if this man in his late 80s, who had suffered many and heart failure, would have minutes, hours or days before she'd have to think of how to reap his soul.

"Oh, uh, sorry. I didn't know he had any visitors. I'll come back.", Moonbyul jumped at the sudden angelic voice in the doorway and turned to see a young woman dressed in white holding a clipboard and a polystyrene cup of what she presumed was coffee. Before she could even open to respond, the woman was gone and she was left staring at the space where she had been, mouth agape.

Moonbyul carefully stepped closer to the bed and leant over the patient, even though she knew he was in a coma, she was still wary of him suddenly waking up and her eyes flicked from his steady rising and falling chest to his closed eyes. Another pair of eyes watched her curiously from around the doorframe and wondered who she was since she obviously wasn't a relative so late at night. Maybe she was an angel too, maybe that's why the staff didn't throw her out as they passed the open door, but why would they send both of them to the same ward when one would have sufficed, unless.

No, it's not possible. They were usually so ugly and kind of gross to interact with and they had a very dark oozing aura that followed them. Solar stood there for so long that she had to sneak back around the door to stretch her aching legs as she remained deep in thought. Finding a chair just outside the room she sat down and drank her coffee, it was her favourite flavour and the good news was that at least it kept refilling as much as she wanted. Those were the perks of being an angel. Checking her watch again, she rolled her eyes and watched the door intently but the woman didn't leave, so she crept back over to her original spy spot and was startled to see her own stare mirrored in the other woman's eyes.

"You're the one from before aren't you?, are you...umm...how do I say it without sounding insane?..uhhh..", Moonbyul realised at that moment that she'd have to be careful. If she accidentally accused the woman of being deceased and she wasn't then she'd have to leave and maybe she'd be in trouble, not to mention the backlash from Hyejin, she puzzled over asking for a few seconds until an angelic voice answered.

"You're struggling to ask if i'm also deceased aren't you?, it's ok. I knew you couldn't be just a relative, they wouldn't let anyone visit this late, not even family. Not to mention Mr Yoruichi here never has visitors. Although I am surprised they sent you when i'm already here to collect him. Is this your first time?, you look nervous. My name's Solar and if you like I can show you how it's done? Ok step back a little.". Moonbyul nodded as she stepped back and realisation swept over her as she knew there was no way this woman was from the same place she was. Should she say something?. Should she just leave?. What should she do now she had met an angel?. She wasn't concentrating as a bright glow filled the room and both the woman and Mr Yoruichi were gone, all her thoughts had left her and she was resisting the temptation to ask for help again. She had met an angel and she stood not knowing what to do until the sun started to rise and she made her way home in a pleasant trance.