Just Hold Me

Thicker Than Water

A/N - Okay! So I have switched Heechul for Sang (I know nothing about Super Junior so gonna keep his personality as the fun/protective parent).

 

For the sake of laziness they’re keeping the last name Kim despite nobody having that name.

 

I promised my favourite author I would do some ET content because I SWEAR TO GOD THEY ARE ING CANNON!

 

Just Hold Me

 

Tense eyes watched the house from a bush across the street.

 

It was early, way too early, and the icy breeze was cutting into the watchers cheek. They couldn’t tell how long they had been out there for but they knew it had been a while. Their fingers had gone numb already, but it would be worth it. It would all be worth it. They had been doing their research, they knew the order in which the Kim’s would leave the house. The younger girls would leave for school, their Appas would leave for work, Nayeon would go to her friend’s house and that would leave Tzuyu all alone in the big house.

 

Jihyo always left first, there were three buses that the girls could get to not be late and Jihyo always got on the first one. She had too much work to do before school, at the moment that mainly consisted off damage control following a teacher assaulting a student. It had been difficult as she had to separate herself from what happened. Having to arrange assemblies and campaign against grooming, having to use her baby sister as an example - it was the hardest thing she’d ever done.

 

Tzuyu would get that bus with her, mostly so they could spend some time together but she was still off school. It made the journey all the more lonely.

 

Mina, Dahyun and Chaeyoung would leave for the second bus normally but lately they hadn’t been in the mood to get to school early. Before they would meet Somi at the gates and just hang out until the bell but now they just wanted to stay in. Chaeyoung was trying to spend more time with Tzuyu and Dahyun was also trying to get to know her a little better. Mina for her part was happy to leave whenever the other two wished, always preferring the role of a follower not a leader.

 

Jeongyeon and Momo were the types of students who didn’t really care about arriving on time and so usually sprinted for the last bus - barely making it. Sana would leave around that same time, only Rosé would pick her up. This routine hadn’t really changed so the watcher observed the eldest two students burst out their front door and sprint for the bus stop. Moments later Rosé’s convertible pulled up outside and beeped the horn.

 

After ten minutes or so Nayeon would go out for the day, ever since the incident she had requested to finish her college semester from home. While the others were at school she’d head to the library to do her work for a few hours before coming back around lunch time. Min-Jun would offer to drive her, the library was next to where he worked, which only left two inhabitants of the house.

 

When Sang walked out that day the observer did a quick double take….something seemed different about the man. Maybe a new haircut?

 

He got into the minivan and drove off, leaving Tzuyu all alone for a few hours.

 

Still she waited an extra moment to make sure no one was coming back before leaving her shrub. Stealth mode activated she ninja-ed over to the house and jumped the side gate to the back yard. Her plan was to through rocks at the only inhabitants bedroom window but when she spotted said girl in the kitchen eating cereal her mind changed.

 

Tzuyu screamed when a knock came at the glass door next to her, panicking her stalker let herself in and began apologising.

 

“Elkie!” Tzuyu snapped, hand over heart and covered in spilt cereal, “You can’t do that to people.”

 

“I’m so sorry!” Elkie was bright red,

 

She looked around and grabbed the tea towel to try and mop up the milk but Tzuyu stopped her.

 

“There’s a mop under the stairs.”

 

“Yes ma’am!”

 

She sprinted off to find the mop, sliding a little in the milk as she went. Tzuyu watched her run off and a dumb smile stretched across her face, it was weird how Elkie could make everything feel better. The shadow was still hanging over her and it would for a while but when Elkie was there it just felt…better. Even as the idiot poorly mopped up the fallen cereal (to the point where Tzuyu had to take over) Tzuyu couldn’t lose the smile on her face.

 

Once the mess was cleaned up Tzuyu led Elkie up to her room, it had kind of become her hiding spot over the last few weeks. Like a safe space. She felt comfortable in there and so didn’t like being out of it too long. Her Appas even reversed their “no food in bedrooms” rule just for her, they were currently walking on egg shells a little but it was only because they cared.

 

Elkie jumped on to Tzuyu’s bed and the younger rolled her eyes. This was why she liked Elkie, she was the only one that treated her normally. Following her she lay down, pulling her laptop over to watch films on.

 

“So why aren’t you at school?” Tzuyu asked once some old film was playing,

 

Elkie went red, “Well…I didn’t know when you’d be back and I wanted to check up on you.”

 

“I told you I was fine.”

 

“That’s not the same,” Elkie sighed, rolling on her side to look at her, “I needed to see you with my own eyes.”

 

Tzuyu met her eyes, for once not looking away from the intensity.

 

“Why do you care about me?”

 

“I told you…”

 

“I don’t understand, I thought you only hung out with me to with Jeongyeon.”

 

Elkie went red again, “Maybe at first but…then I realised I really liked talking to you. You’re just so…”

 

“So?”

 

“Pure.” Elkie settled on, “I’ve never anyone so pure and innocent before. Even after everything you’ve gone through you still see the world in such a precious way. It’s inspiring actually.”

 

Tzuyu snorted, “No it’s not.”

 

“Yes,” Elkie grabbed her hand, “It is.”

 

Tzuyu searched her face and a heavy atmosphere settled over the room. Before she could second think Tzuyu closed the gap and kissed her softly. Elkie froze a moment, having instigated their last two kisses this was new, but then cupped Tzuyu’s face and began kissing back. This wasn’t like the chaste kiss in front of the school, nor was it the slow make-out session that Jeongyeon interrupted at the party. It was heavy and passionate, fuelled by teenage hormones and lust.

 

Elkie nipped her bottom lip and Tzuyu’s mouth opened, happy to let Elkie take the lead here. When a gentle tongue invaded she let out a noise. Taking that as a good thing Elkie gently moved so that she could hold Tzuyu above her. Elkie’s hand left her face and began gently rubbing her side. The other copying the movements on the opposite side. Tzuyu took note of the action but her head felt clouded by this intense kiss.

 

They parted for air and Elkie began leaving little kisses on her neck. Tzuyu let out another noise and felt Elkie smirk against her skin. Her hands moved down and gently rubbed over Tzuyu’s flat stomach, this sparked some sort of dark feeling within her. Not thinking on it too much Tzuyu pulled Elkie’s mouth back to hers, trying to find some comfort in another kiss.

 

When Elkie’s hands moved under her shirt Tzuyu stilled.

 

Memories flooded her vision.

 

She pulled back and slapped Elkie hard.

 

“OW!”

 

Tzuyu blinked.

 

“I’m so sorry…I don’t know why I did that.”

 

Elkie sat up rubbing her cheek, she was about to complain but then she saw the utter panic in Tzuyu’s eyes.

 

“H-Hey, it’s okay…are you?”

 

Tzuyu opened .

 

“Don’t lie to me.”

 

closed again, tears pricking in her eyes, “I….I….”

 

Elkie hugged her, leaving Tzuyu awkwardly straddling with her head tucked into Elkie’s neck.

 

“It’s alright,” Elkie told her, “What happened?”

 

“I just….” Tzuyu pulled away to look Elkie, “My brain just…panicked.”

 

“That’s okay,” Elkie ran a gentle hand up and down her arm, “I’m sorry, I let more hormones win and I pushed to far.”

 

“No!” Tzuyu whined, “I was enjoying it but I flashed back to…to…”

 

“It’s okay.” Elkie smiled, “Why don’t we just cuddle?”

 

Tzuyu swallowed the lump in , focusing on keeping her tears from spilling over.

 

“Don’t do that.”

 

Tzuyu looked at her, “Do what?”

 

“You can cry if you want to.” Elkie told her, “I’m not going to think any less of you.”

 

That sentence hit something in Tzuyu and suddenly she couldn’t control herself. The tears sprang forward and she had no idea what to do. Tzuyu didn’t do tears, she never cried. Not in front of people, not in private - crying didn’t change anything. But once the tears started they wouldn’t stop. Fifteen years of hurt and pain came out, she had no idea what to do.

 

But Elkie was there.

 

She pulled Tzuyu down to rest on her chest and held her, letting her cry into her jacket. She didn’t say anything, she knew Tzuyu would be too proud to talk about this ever again so they wouldn’t. At least not right now. Right now there was only one sentence that Elkie thought she needed to hear.

 

“I’m here, I got you.”

 

And she did.