Petrify

The Hot Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/n: Helloooo! long time no seee :') I am back with a tad bit longer chapter huhu! I hope you like it <333

 

Some of the listed criminals were publicly known, and some returned with no result. There was a total of sixty names on that sheet and Taehyung was almost finished with the search. He didn’t know why Jungkook possessed it, what was the purpose, and what did he intend to do with these criminals. It wasn’t until he reached the last that his whole body shook with fear, jerking away from the laptop as if it electrocuted him.

 

He didn’t know that person had a stage name for himself.

Choi Baem.

 

Just like his name, a snake among humans.

 

Disturbing memories wormed their way into his head, resurfacing things that were better buried inside, he shivered, feeling cold despite the temperature. He should probably call Namjoon. But what would he say!? He cannot tell anyone about Jungkook until he knows clearly who that man really is. He breathed, trying to calm his nerves, just because that man was on the list doesn’t mean he had come back to the streets. It can’t be…anyway, right?

The sudden ringing of his cellphone startled him, his heartbeat picking up- gosh, he was turning into a mess!

 

“Hello?”

“Taehyungie! Hey! Seokjin called to let me know that you will be taking a break of a week. Well, this was supposed to be your break time but because of sudden appointments, you had to take some of the work even in your break. It’s a good thing. You need to rest for the upcoming events- it’s gonna be busier than ever. I only called to make sure you knew from today you have a week off with no call from the agency- aside from checking on you. Alright? Is there anything you require?”

“Oh… thanks, noona. No, I have all I need in my apartment. I will probably stay here the whole week. Seokjin hyung might be coming here to check on me too- I donno why he is bothering despite his schedule”

“He cares a lot about you. I was worried too when he called suddenly and demanded a small break for you. Boss was a tad bit scared” She chuckled. “Until Seokjin is not here, let me know if there’s anything I can do, okay kid? I notified Jungkook about this. If you want to go anywhere, call him, he will take care of you.”

“S-S-Sure! Right now I don’t need anything so ah… don’t tell him my address or anything”

“Huh? But- but he is your body-”

“I know… I just don’t want people to know about my living place”

“Right, right, of course, it’s only been a month too. It’s okay, I will let him know. You take care, yeah?”

“Yes, ma'am!” She huffed and hung up.

 

He sighed in relief. At least he will steer clear of Jungkook- even if only for a few days, then Seokjin would be here. Then it will all be okay.

How badly he wishes to go back in time, to have stayed in Jungkook’s embrace that morning, to not have sated his curiosity about the man who screamed danger… how badly he wishes. He wouldn’t have seen those papers, wouldn’t have searched anything, wouldn’t remember the snake- might even have another round of before leaving for work- but no! He had to be an idiot! Damn it.

He looked at the clock, it was already six in the evening, a whole day went by and he did nothing but cower in the corner of his room, he can’t go on like this. He will just have to grow a pair and face Jungkook as if nothing happened, he will have to bring forth all of his acting skills to fool the bodyguard. His mobile started beeping, now that he had removed it from silent, the notifications sounds were coming continuously from it. Right, he had uploaded a picture yesterday before going clubbing and then turned off his mobile.

It had millions of likes already. That made him smile, at least he was popular as ever. He read a few comments on top of the post. 

 

Oppa! Please come back soon, we miss you! I know it hadn’t been long but I cant help it!

The last performance was amaxing! Can’t wait to hear more from you.

Oppa, I heard you are gonna star in a movie soon? I wanna see you act too!!

You loooook sooooooooo gooooooood!

You could break me in half and I’d thank you

Ahhhh I wanna be that drink near your lips!!!!!

 

Taehyung shook his head fondly, his fans were some piece of work, just like him. Even after so many rumors and scandals, they remained with him time after time, unlike other’s who got offended whenever their idols acted like a human, his fans were crazier than him and hyped him whenever things were going south. He may not be a good person but he is happy he got to meet this family. He decided to reply to his first fan who managed events when he debuted, who has been with him since his debut. She had a huge fan page for him, fought the rumors aggressively, and always relayed the authentic news.

Taehyung Oppa, I hope you’re taking care of yourself. You need a break after that comeback! Hwaiting! We will always be waiting for you no matter what. You’re looking too thin, please eat a lot! Love you, oppa!

Wasn’t she sweet? He replied with ‘I am taking care of myself, don’t worry too much. I already miss you all, my lovely Taesties! Alright, I will go eat a bunch of ramens now, love you all’. It was meant for every fan despite him replying to her.

 

He put away his cell, suddenly feeling energy draining from his body. He needed to go through his skincare routine and some rituals he do every night to stay in shape but he barely had any strength even though he didn’t do anything the whole day. He jumped on his bed, face down, and closed his eyes. Let’s leave the problem for tomorrow- his beauty sleep was more important. Some flashes of a cruel smile passed by but Taehyung shut his eyes tightly, racking his brain for happy memories.

 

After a lot of effort and some white noise, Taehyung managed to drift into a dreamless sleep. He forgot to charge his phone, it dying as soon as Taehyung fell asleep.

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

A harsh banging of door jerked Taehyung awake, his mind trying best to catch up with the situation. He hurriedly checked his phone- was someone supposed to come? Unfortunately, his phone was dead. He facepalmed himself… why does he forget these things!? The banging didn’t stop and Taehyung started getting scared, he quickly ran to the socket where his charger was plugged in and took the pin to charge his phone. Maybe he can call 911 before whoever is outside breaks the door. This building is of high security, how come no one knows what’s going on here?

Taehyung could feel the door would break apart soon as the noises became louder, he wanted to hide but his legs refused to obey, shaking so much that he couldn’t balance himself and slid right on the floor. Why was this happening to him!? Why can’t people leave him alone!? His head started throbbing, vile memories reliving, eyes stinging with tears, he clasped his ears, hoping to escape the violent noises-

Someone jumped through the window.

Taehyung didn’t look up, too afraid to even move, his body trembling as he tried to moving backward. He violently wrenched away when a hand touched his shoulder.

“Yah, hyung! This is not a time to be like this! We need to hurry and leave before they come inside”

“J-Jungkook!?”

“Take your phone and hold on to me. I have called the police, they will be here in a few minutes so your things will be safe. Come on, we need to leave!” Jungkook’s normally calm or annoyed voice was panicky- and Taehyung knew how dangerous this man himself was, but somehow his body moved on its own, hands grasping Jungkook’s arm, letting him take a hold of his waist, while his mind blared red alert. Taehyung snatched the phone from the charger and slipped it inside the pocket of his shorts. Jungkook whispered trust me in his ears before jumping out of the window.

Taehyung screamed.

 

 

 

 

 

After the daring stunt Jungkook pulled, Taehyung found himself on his legs, not understanding how they didn’t fall. His being felt disoriented, unable to walk properly after that scary jump. Jungkook tsked at him and then carried the nation’s beauty in his arm, running to his car. Taehyung yelled at him, demanding to be put down but Jungkook paid him no heed. Throwing him in the back of his car, and immediately getting inside the front seat, Jungkook started driving like a madman.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter