One more time

A 'Memorable' Birthday

"Okay." After that Xuan Yi ended the call and the phone slowly slid away from Bona's grasp. She knew this was going to be hurt but knowing how fast Xuan Yi agree to it hurt her even more. 

"Unnie." Cheng Xiao appeared beside Bona, took Bona's phone and gave to the older girl.

"She, says, okay." Bona said and that made Exy angry.

"What the hell did you just said?!" Exy slammed the table.

"You mean Xuan Yi unnie agree to your demand?" Eunseo asked and Bona nodded her head weakly.

"Didn't she fight for it?" Seola asked.

"She did but-"

"You insist on the break up, unnie. Its normal for Xuan Yi unnie to agree with it." Luda said.

"Lee Luda." Exy glared at Luda.

"What did I say wrong? All of us know that Xuan Yi unnie is whipped for Bona unnie. Xuan Yi unnie will just agree to every demand Bona unnie made. All of us know that Xuan Yi unnie will make every dream of Bona unnie come true if she can." Luda crossed her arm and glared at Bona.

"Its normal for Xuan Yi unnie to agree with the break up since Bona unnie is the one who insist on it. Xuan Yi unnie wouldn't want to hold on to Bona unnie if letting go Bona unnie will make Bona unnie happy." Yeoreum said. Exy sighed and sat on the chair, wiping her face with her hand.

"Jiyeon, the youngsters have their point." Exy said and looked at Bona. Bona just nodded her head and sighed. She chose this ending and she should bear the pain. 

"Okay girls, ten more minutes til the opening so everyone get ready." Seola clapped her hands twice and sent an eye signal to Cheng Xiao who nodded her head in understanding before going out from the room.

On the other hand, Xuan Yi walked back to join the girls with her phone in her pocket. Mei Qi was going to greet Xuan Yi with a hug but stop when she saw how emotionless Xuan Yi was, even after the talk with Bona.

"Xuan Yi, are you okay?" Zi Ning asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just kinda tired but don't worry, the Wu Xuan Yi here is going to get us a gold medal~" Xuan Yi smiled while doing silly warm up. Everyone just laughed at the silly warmup but there's two members knew Xuan Yi was just acting. 

"Xuan Yi, you need to get ready for the run." Manager said as Xuan Yi followed her. 

"WU XUAN YI! FIGHTING!!" The fans all cheered for Xuan Yi when they saw her getting on the track.

"MY PRINCESS! FIGHTING!!" Mei Qi shouted and of course this brought some screams from the fans.

"MY WIFE! SHOW THEM WHO'S THE BOSS!" Fu Jing shouted and jumped, then glanced at Mei Qi and smirked. This also brought some screams from the fans. Xuan Yi just smiledand waved at the fans then showed a fighting pose at Mei Qi and Fu Jing.

"All contestant please get on the racetrack." The referee said as Xuan Yi got on the racetrack.

"On your mark." Xuan Yi then kneeled down on one knee.

"Get set." Xuan Yi lifted her head and looked at the racetrack. The whistle been blown and Xuan Yi started to run. Mei Qi and Fu Jing were shouting for her at the side but suddenly the shout for encourage had turned into shout for worry. Xuan Yi had fell down on her knees and left elbow, panting hardly.

"Why can't I even do this perfectly?" Xuan Yi thought as the other contestant had ran passed the finish line. She slowly stood up, felt a stingy pain on her left elbow. She glanced and realized there was a big cut on it. She just sighed and walked to the side, with Mei Qi and Fu Jing quickly went to help her. 

"It's fine. I can go to the nurse station by myself." Xuan Yi said in a low voice and walked away, leaving the other two girls behind.

"You need to call them." Fu Jing said as Mei Qi nodded her head. After that, Xuan Yi came back from the nurse station, with a bandage on her left elbow, to cover the wound. Xuan Yi then walked to find the organizer of the festival, required for another chance but of course, competition was still a competition, just like life, there's no second chance. Xuan Yi just joined the girls and sat in between of Mei Qi and Fu Jing. Sunnee brought milk tea for her and she gladly accepted.

"Thanks." Xuan Yi showed the first sincere smile in weeks to Sunnee who just surprised at the sudden smile and decided to hug Xuan Yi as tight as she could. Xuan Yi just hugged back and gently rubbed Sunnee's back. After the sports festival, the girls all went back to their dorm.

"I'm tired. I will just go straight to sleep."Xuan Yi said and disappeared into her room. 

"I will go to sleep too." Fu Jing said and followed Xuan Yi to their room.

"I will go and make a call." Mei Qi then walked to the kitchen, dialled a set of numbers that she could never forget while pouring herself a cup of water. 

"Yeoboseyo?" 

"Luda unnie."

"Oh, Mei Qi~ Have you finish your schedule?" 

"Yeah, we just ended our sport festival and we are now back at our dorm. What about you?"

"We just reach our dorm too. The members are taking turn to bath."

"Unnie, are you alone?" Mei Qi asked and Luda hummed.

"What happen?" Mei Qi asked, being as straightforward as usual.

"Bona unnie asked for a break up." Luda answered, knowing what did Mei Qi meant.

"W-what?" Mei Qi asked, hoping that she heard it wrongly.

"Bona unnie asked for a break up, saying that she was tired of this long distance relationship."

"And?"

"Xuan Yi unnie agree to it." Luda said as Mei Qi wiped her face with her hand and sighed.

"Oh god." Mei Qi mumbled.

"Promise me that we are not going to end up like them, Mei Qi." Luda said.

"I promise. We will overcome any obstacle that we face." Mei Qi said it with confidence as she knew she would never let go of that little demon of hers. 

"What are we going to do right now?" Luda asked and Mei Qi sighed.

"Nothing. I think I will just observe Xuan Yi unnie."

"While I will observe Bona unnie."

"Lets hope that this is the best outcome they could have." Mei Qi said.

"Although I hope that they can reconcile but you know Bona unnie, she never went back on her words."

"And Xuan Yi unnie always accept the result without any objection." Both of the girls sighed.

"Lee Luda, you turn to take your bath!" Mei Qi could heard Exy shouted at the other side of the phone.

"I think I also need to take my bath. Talk to you soon." Both exchanged their love and ended the call. Mei Qi went to her room but as she passed by Xuan Yi and Fu Jing room, she heard some sobbing and sniffing sound. She wanted to knock but before she knocked the door, the door opened and revealed a sleepy Fu Jing.

"She's crying but she trying to hold it down, thinking that I didn't heard it." Fu Jing said as she glanced at Mei Qi. She then glanced at Zi Ning and sighed.

"I will bunk in with Zi Ning. You can take my bed if you want. I will just ask Sunnee to go sleep with Yamy." Fu Jing then walked away. Mei Qi just nodded her head. She went to bathroom to clean her makeup and took a quick bath, changed into her favorite pajamas which gave by Luda as her birthday present. She went back to the room and the sobbing sounds was still there. She took out a towel and a milk tea that she made, even though it was not like those bought in store but she still hope this would cheer her princess up. She knocked the door few times and the sobbing sound ended, its as if the owner of sobbing sound pretended that she was asleep. Mei Qi opened the door and entered the dark room.

"You do know that I know you for six years, and I know when you are pretending to sleep and when you are not." Mei Qi a night lamp beside Xuan Yi's bed, which was a Squirtle night lamp that given by Bona, saying that this represented her to protect Xuan Yi in China. Mei Qi then sat on the bed and slowly pulled away the blanket, showing Xuan Yi whose face being showered by tears.

"Come on, I make you some milk tea but without bubbles and of course it might not be as nice as the store bought but I hope you like it." Mei Qi put the cup of milk tea into Xuan Yi's hand. 

"Thanks." Xuan Yi mumbled but Mei Qi heard it loud and clear. Xuan Yi took a sip on the milk tea, allowing the only sweetness in her life slowly moisturize her dry throat that was caused from crying.

"I heard it. Well, more like I asked and got my answer." Mei Qi said, straight to the point, not the type that coated her words with sugar. Xuan Yi just hummed as a reply that she heard Mei Qi.

"Why did you agree? You can fight more." Mei Qi asked.

"I- I- you know how I agree to every demand she has. And she told me the reason. She c-c-just can't w-w-work th-this out anymore and I d-d-decide to give her freedom." Xuan Yi wiped her tears with the towel Mei Qi bought for her.

"You could convince her again. Just like how you convinced her on 12th of March." Mei Qi said.

"S-s-she told me that, s-s-she is tired of this." Xuan Yi said it with a heartbroken voice. Mei Qi just sighed.

"She told me that she is sick of having birthday all alone without me, sick of celebrating our anniversary alone. Sick of celebrating our group aniversary all alone. But what can I do?!" Xuan Yi asked, pulling herself away from Mei Qi.

"But why aren't you going back? Why did you lie to them?" Mei Qi asked gently while wiping Xuan Yi's tears with her thumb. 

"I wanted to go back. Trust me, I really want. I worked very hard every time, to clear my schedule every single time but the director, he always had reason to not let me going back. I tried to argue, fight, evem threatened him, and all I get is the short four hours trip at South Korea." Xuan Yi said it out.

"T-th-this time I fight again but he h-h-r b-brought J-Jiyeon's name and I am afraid that if I continue to fight for it, he would go and danger Jiyeon, or even worse stop WJSN from coming to China." Xuan Yi said and tears started to flow out again. Mei Qi wiped away the tears with her left thumb while her right hand was clenched into fists, 

"Did he tell you the reason why he did not let you go back?" Mei Qi asked, trying to keep her voice as gentle as possible.

"He wants me." Xuan Yi said while her head was getting lower and lower.

"Want you?" Mei Qi frowned.

"Want me, as a lover." Xuan Yi said in a very soft voice but in such silent environment, Mei Qi heard it clearly.

"As a what?" 

"A lover, a girlfriend, a wife, a mother to his children." Xuan Yi said and lifted her head weakly.

"When and how did you know?" Mei Qi asked, hoping that Xuan Yi heard it as a rumor.

"Three months after we debut as Rocket Girls." Xuan Yi said and Mei Qi nodded her head.

"He asked me to meet him in his office to discuss about a new variety show. I went and indeed there was a new variety show but after the discussion, he...he confessed." Xuan Yi said and glanced at Mei Qi.

"Continue." Mei Qi said.

"I rejected him, saying that I am not interested in any relationship. He just said he could wait. He let me go after that but after that day, he was getting more and more aggresive. I been asked to meet him for so many times, just to listen to his confession until one day, I couldn't handle it. I told him I am into girls." Xuan Yi said and Mei Qi's expression became unreadable.

"He told me he knew who is the girl I am into. He even said Jiyeon out. I was scared but I still rejected him. He told me if I stay here long enough, I would fall for him." Xuan Yi said and took a deep breath.

"How about the short trip to Korea?" Mei Qi asked.

"I begged him for it. Telling that I will come back and he did it out of guilt." 

"Guilt of?" Mei Qi asked and Xuan Yi gulped, contemplating wanted to say it out or not.

"H-h-he ne-nearly r-r me." Xuan Yi said it in a extreme soft voice and shut her eyes tightly.

"What did you just say?" Mei Qi said it in a extreme low voice and that scared Xuan Yi.

"He-"

"HE NEARLY YOU?!" Mei Qi stood up, half shouted as she glared at Xuan Yi. Xuan Yi was surprised and she curled into a ball, slowly made her way to one edge of her bed, curling into a very small ball, hiding herself with the blanket. Mei Qi's glare softened as she saw how scare Xuan Yi was. She then made way to Xuan Yi and gently peeled off the blanket, pulled Xuan Yi to her embrace.

"That day I was fighting, as usual, for my chance to go back like you and Xiao Xiao. He pushed me and I fall onto the sofa in his office. He pounced on me,tie being pulled loosely and few buttons were ed. He tear off my skirt and my shirt. The shirt and skirt that I wore that day was his apologise present but I threw it. I slapped him and he was finally come back to his sense. He pulled away and apologise to me, telling me that he would do anything for me not to spread it out." Xuan Yi said.

"And you told him you wanted to go back to South Korea." Xuan Yi nodded at Mei Qi's word. 

"Why didn't you tell us? Tell manager? Tell Exy unnie, we can help." Mei Qi asked as Xuan Yi shook her head.

"I promised him not to say it out if he let me go back to South Korea." Xuan Yi said, half lying because the director did threatened her that if she said it out, Rocket Girls and Cosmic Girls would both be dead, disappeared from entertainment world and Xuan Yi wouldn't want because of her selfishness, that her groupmates suffered from it.

"Wu Xuan Yi." Mei Qi said and hugged Xuan Yi as tight as possible.

"Promise me that you will not say it out too. Please." Xuan Yi begged and Mei Qi nodded her head.

"I won't but if this is getting too over, then I will." Mei Qi thought.

"Finish this drink and go to sleep. We have a schedule tomorrow." Mei Qi said as she gently passed the milk tea to Xuan Yi again. Xuan Yi just nodded her head and finished the drinks. After that, Mei Qi tugged Xuan Yi to sleep and got into the same bed, hugging Xuan Yi as tight as possible. She decided to observe for awhile before she wanted to do anything.

On the other hand, Dayoung was scrolling her instagram and she saw a very familiar unnie of hers being in a news.

"Omo! Xuan Yi unnie won the archery match in the sport festival." Dayoung said and Yeonjung, Cheng Xiao, Eunseo and Dawon quickly went to gather around her. 

"She looks awesome." Dawon said, pointing to a photo that showed Xuan Yi was aiming at the score board. All of them were staring as Dayoung scrolled the photo. Cheng Xiao remembered she had WeiBo so she quickly her phone and logged into WeiBo, searching for news about Xuan Yi and Mei Qi. Bona heard the commotion from her room and she really wanted to go and see, but she remembered she just broke up with Xuan Yi, she had no right to go awed with the sight of Wu Xuan Yi anymore.

"Wait, Juyeon-ah, did I see wrong? Is Xuan Yi unnie knees are bruised and her left elbows." Dawon said as she stopped Dayoung from scrolling away from a photo. Eunseo just rubbed her eyes to look clearly and she nodded her head. She then turned to look at Cheng Xiao who was frowning and her hold on her phone was getting tighter and tighter.

"Xiao Xiao?" Eunseo said and it brought Cheng Xiao back.

"What happen?" Yeonjung asked.

"Xuan Yi unnie fell down during her 100m run." Cheng Xiao said but what made her really mad was how thin Xuan Yi had become. She didn't meet Xuan Yi for a few months and these was how thin the older girl had become. Didn't the management realize the sudden weight lose of their own idol? If they did, why didn't they do anything?

"Omo, how is it?" Dawon asked.

"It seems that the wound quite deep but its being treated." Cheng Xiao said as the rest of the girl, including Bona who was hiding in the room and listening to the conversation sighed in relief. Bona quickly her phone and logged into WeiBo, frantically searching for news of Xuan Yi. It appeared everywhere that Xuan Yi had fell down and suffered from an injury. Xuan Yi's force smile on the screen of her phone showed that the older girl was trying to assure the others that she was okay.

"When did you become so thin?" Bona mumbled as she gently touched Xuan Yi on her phone. Bona then touched her face and she knew all this thanks to Xuan Yi who ordered her groupmates never let Bona suffered in hunger.

"Jiyeon is always perfect!" That's what Xuan Yi said before she went to board the flight to China. Tears started to flow out from Bona's eyes as she continued to touch her phone. 

"Why did you choose to do that?" Exy asked as she went to sit beside Bona. 

"I just can't handle this anymore." Bona said after taking a deep breath.

"I just can't keep on being envy everytime Mei Qi and Cheng Xiao are back." Bona continued and Exy sighed. She understood Bona's pain but she couldn't do anything about it.It was an order from YueHua Entertainment and she didn't had the right to stop them from going. She just didn't understand why Xuan Yi just couldn't come back every time. Its normal for Bona to be hopeless and giving up on this relationship, at least Exy knew she would do so if it was her. 

"And every single time I kept on seeing news about she and Fu Jing being so sweet and cuddly. So I started to think, think that, perhaps letting her go, she would be happy as she could be together with Fu Jing without caring about me." Bona wiped her tears and put away her phone. 

"But you know that Xuan Yi only loves you, right?" Exy asked.

"My heart knew but my brain said no. And if she really loves me, she would find ways to come back to me, even just for one day." Bona said.

"She did."

"But its only that one time." Bona said as Exy sighed. 

"She needs to give me reason to continue to fight but she didn't." Bona said and covered her face with both of her hands, trying to stop the tears from flowing out from her eyes. Exy just remained silent and hugged Bona as tight as possible, hoping that all of these things were just a nightmare. She walked out from the room and called Mei Qi but the call wasn't answered as Mei Qi had hugged Xuan Yi to sleep. 

The next day, Mei Qi woke up and looked at Xuan Yi who had two tears mark on her face, hair sticked to her forehead as she kept on mumbling a certain name while twisting and turning around.

"Xuan Yi, wake up." Mei Qi gently shook Xuan Yi but he older girl was not waking up.

"No, no, JIYEON!" Xuan Yi then sprung up and panted as she looked at Mei Qi who just stared at her with sorrow in her eyes.

"It's fine. I'm fine." Xuan Yi waved her hand weakly and got out from the bed. She glanced at the calendar on her bedside and realized three more days til Bona's birthday.

"Xuan Yi?" Xuan Yi then looked at Mei Qi and smiled.

"I'm just spacing out. Lets go get ready."Xuan Yi then got out from her bed and walked to the bathroom to get ready. Mei Qi just sighed and took a look at her phone and saw Exy's name showed in the missed call corner. Mei Qi glanced at the bathroom's door then walked out from the room to call back Exy. Xuan Yi who was in the bathroom was staring at herself, slowly touched her face and her black hair. She then took off her clothes and got into the shower, showering herself with cold water, trying to use the cold water to numb her feelings. However, she knew she couldn't lie to herself when she tasted the salty taste from the water on her face which she knew it was her tears. She wasn't even wiping her tears as she wanted to just cry for the one last time. Xuan Yi then turned off the shower and put on her clothes, then stood in front of the mirror one more time. She reached out to touch the reflection of hers gently and smiled weakly.

"I'm okay. Everything will just go away. I'm fine." Xuan Yi mumbled but as she walked out from the room, her hand just took her phone and opened a certain flight details. She was contemplating and she decided.

"One last time. Just one more time to disobey her wish." Xuan Yi then book a flight.

A/N: This story is going to have two alternative endings !! Stay tune!! Hope you guys enjoy. Next chapter is not the ending~~