I am Enough

I am Enough
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two years into their dating, Minhyuk finally got the courage to ask Sanha the meaning of his tattoo.

Words “I am enough” can be seen on Sanha’s collarbone. Sanha got it once he became an adult, even before they knew each other. Jinwoo was a close elder friend to Sanha and Jinwoo once told Minhyuk that the quote holds a special meaning for Sanha. When Minhyuk asked for the meaning, Jinwoo couldn’t tell him because he himself doesn’t know it.

Minhyuk doesn’t want to press Sanha to tell him the story so he waited Sanha to tell him by himself. But the curiosity got to Minhyuk during one of their frequent mini cuddle session.

They both doesn’t have class on that particular day so they decided to just stay in bed instead of going out. Waking up next to each other just feel great when Minhyuk leans in to give Sanha a morning kiss (a few). Their cute kisses turns into a mini make out session. Minhyuk travels down to Sanha’s neck, giving a few kisses before going to Sanha’s collarbone. He left a kiss on Sanha’s tattoo before blurting out, “Sanha, what does this tattoo means?”

Minhyuk felt Sanha freeze. “I’m sorry, Sanha. You don’t have to tell me if you’re not ready.” Minhyuk kiss Sanha’s temple before hugging him into his chest. Sanha loosen up and curl up into Minhyuk. It was a complete silence before Minhyuk heard Sanha speaking.

“I got it to remind myself that I’m okay and enough.”

“Did anything happened?”

“It happened when I was an elementary kid. I used to go to my maternal grandmother’s house during the day with my siblings because my parents were working. I wasn’t sure how and why it started but it just happened.”

-----

“What’s this smell? Oh my god, I’m going to vomit.”

Sanha just stepped into the house when he heard it. Not wanting to hear more, he left the house to wash his legs at the hose outside his grandmother’s house. He doesn’t want this. He never asked for this. His parents brought him to many doctors before the last one said, “Dyshidrotic eczema, a condition which causes intense itching and blisters.” He washes his feet hard, with soaps. More and more. Scrubbing harder, the blisters started to bleed again. It doesn’t even feel pain anymore.

After making sure the blood dried off, he entered the house. Putting down his school bag, another insult was thrown to him. “Oh , I better wear shoes before I got his disease. So disgusting.” The past month him would cry but now, tears are nowhere to be found. He remembered his mother’s word, “Just hold on. He’s your family.” He felt like dying.

Holding on, he went to get some food. He was hungry after a whole day in school. “Is the elephant going to eat? Why is it even hungry? You are so big and fat. You don’t need any food. Give it to your brother and sister instead. Look a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter