fin.

let's go see the stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's 3am on the Sunday and the house is filled by little Chaeyoung's cry. It has been a very tiring Saturday for Mina, having 2 meeting for more than 6 hours straight then going to the company's dinner, by the time she arrive home at 12am she could barely function anymore. The house was already quite when she arrived home, Jeongyeon has probably put 2 years old Chaeyoung to sleep and Mina couldn't be more thankful for her husband.

 

Mina's hand reach to the side of the bed, wanting to wake Jeongyeon up to look on their daughter but her hand only found an empty space. This wasn't the first time Jeongyeon went to look after crying Chaeyoung in the middle of the night but something in Mina tells her to go as well, maybe because she feels bad that Jeongyeon has been taking care of their precious princess for the whole day or maybe just because she misses her little Chaeyoung.

 

"Jeong-" Mina mutters as she was about to enter Chaeyoung's room but a sight she see cause a swell in her heart. 

 

"Shh, shh, daddy's here," Jeongyeon keeps on saying, his hand rubbing little Chaeyoung's back, trying to calm her down. Jeongyeon also tries to sing lullaby to lull Chaeyoung but it was to ni avail, the baby keeps on crying like there's no tomorrow.

 

"Hey, little cub, what is it? Do you want mummy?" He starts talking to Chaeyoung, as if the baby could understand him all the while swaying his body around trying to get Chaeyoung to sleep again. "I know you miss mummy, but she had a long day today, let's play with mummy tomorrow okay?" Jeongyeon tries again, hoping that somehow Chaeyoung would understand. He doesn't want to wake Mina because she must've been really tired after the long day and she doesn't want Mina's rest to be disturbed by Chaeyoung's crying, so he try to calm Chaeyoung by himself.

 

After a while of Jeongyeon swaying his body and singing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star' to his little princess, Chaeyoung's crying has somehow calm down, as if she understand what her father was saying. Chaeyoung lay her head on Jeongyeon's shoulder, somehow calmed by her father's voice.

 

"Do you want to go see the stars?" Jeongyeon suddenly asks little

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter