Reasons

Beyond your eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany came back to the classroom just two classes before the dismissal time. Looking at Jessica’s empty desk she sighed asking permission to the teacher before getting in. Taeyeon and Sunny were trying to cheer up the girl by sending her funny notes but she was still worried about her, and Taecyeon didn’t help as every 10 minutes he would ask them if Jessica was okay. Basically, all the school already knew about what happened. Some people even began to spread lies about how Jessica just attacked Bomi and Chorong, yet there was a war with the ones who were explaining to them that it was those girls who were mistreating Tiffany to begin with.

It was during the last period that Jessica came back looking a bit…drained, if that could be the exact word, as it was really hard to know what she was feeling thanks to her expressionless face. Everyone in the class, including the teacher Mr. Kwang-Soo, were looking at her as she made her way towards her seat, taking out a book and a notebook afterwards. She turned her head sideways and stared at Tiffany for a brief moment before looking back at the front once again. That completely shocked the pink freak with her heart beating so hard against her chest. 

Taeyeon was looking at the girl worriedly because something seemed a little bit off…what the hell just happened with Mr. Kim?

Sunny was thinking the same thing. Jessica was looking different, a little weak perhaps, but why? They wanted to ask her so badly if she was okay, but there was nothing else they could do; only to wait after the class ended.

When it was time to leave, Taecyeon was the first one to approach the girl who was still sitting down, and kneeled in front of her. She stared at him. “Jessica, are you okay? I know what happened, they said that Mr. Kim’s son took you away with him.”

She looked at him thinking whether to answer or not. “I’m okay, I just got suspended next week.”

That made Tiffany bounce off her seat to approach the girl. “What do you mean you got suspended? Why?!” She ignored the guy who was still on his knees staring at her with scrutinizing eyes.

Jessica had her poker face on with her eyes checking Fany’s cheek. “He explained that the problem wasn’t that I helped you, it was the way I chose to do so what's wrong.” She moved her eyes and met Tiffany's, seeing her stiff for a little. “Because I used as much violence as them to help you, my punishment wasn’t going to be as severe. I’ll still get reprimanded by being suspended for a whole week, so I can think about my actions.” Tiffany couldn’t believe what she just heard, Jessica was being punished for helping her?!

“That’s mere bull!” Exclaimed an angry Taecyeon who stood up so fast that Jessica's attention was only on him. “Saving one of your friends from girls who think that hitting another one to release their frustrations is fun and getting suspended for that can only be a joke!” Taecyeon was heading towards the door. “I’m going to knock some sense into him!”

“Stop it.” Jessica’s voice halted his steps. “He’s right, they way I did things was not the right one.” He looked at her in disbelief. “Even so, I don’t regret a single thing I did. They deserved more than what I allowed myself to do to them.” Sunny and Taeyeon were hearing everything, standing up almost at the same time.

“But Jessica! It’s not fair…” “Nothing is fair Taecyeon, we are at the age to understand that perfectly well.” Taecyeon suddenly walked away as he felt that he was about to cry.

Taeyeon took the chance to stare at Jessica’s perfect side profile while Sunny began the interrogatory.

“Jessica, are you okay? You look unwell.” Sunny asked while caressing Jessica’s hair softly, totally missing a pair of eyes that were burning holes in her hands.

“Yes, I’m just hungry. I went to look for Seo but she was busy in the infirmary, so I just decided to come here instead.” Jessica’s eyes softened when she met Sunny’s worried ones, still ignoring a jealous girl who kept on watching everything. While the other one, was still lost in Jessica’s cute nose totally ignoring her surroundings. “Don’t worry, after I eat I’ll get better.” That did the trick and Sunny smiled sweetly to her, Jessica looked at her for a couple of seconds before nodding her head in understanding. “I see, I won’t miss it anymore.” She whispered as if talking to herself.

“You won’t miss what Sica?” She saw the brief confusion in Jessica’s eyes. “Sica it’s your nickname, is shorter!” Sunny beamed to her and Jessica nodded. “So, what is it that you won’t miss anymore?” Asked once again Sunny, now feeling a murderous glare on her.

“The sun…” Sunny tilted her head cutely feeling a little lost. “You are just like the sun; bright and warm Sunny.” Jessica replied void of any emotion and so quick, that she made Tiffany and her choked on their own saliva. “Don’t you think so too, Taeyeon?” Jessica turned to see the little girl, only to find her staring directly at her without blinking. She stared at Taeyeon in amusement because the said girl wasn't answering. At first, Jessica thought that Taeyeon was spacing out but when she moved a little she saw her eyes moving along with her.

Is she alright? – She asked herself in confusion.

Jessica moved her hand to Tae’s forehead to check her temperature but to her it seemed to be normal. A few seconds later, Taeyeon blinked waking up from her Jessica Trance and finding Jessica’s face so close to hers that she stepped back so fast, bumping into a desk that was behind her.

“I-I’m sorry, I think I space out for a little hahaha.” Taeyeon was laughing in front of a blank face Jessica and a jealous pink monster who was ready to pounce on that freaking midget, she wanted so bad to be treated like that by Jessica. And, what about her? If Sunny was her sun. Hell! She could be her moon. It was her luck that no one noticed anything but her luck didn’t reach Sunny as the girl looked at her with narrowed eyes.

“Don’t worry, I just asked you if you did…” “Hello ladies! We came to see how Tiffany was, maybe we should leave the outing for another day.” Baekhyun and his friends barged into their classroom, earning the girls’ attention. He stopped when he saw the beautiful brunette with them. “Ooh, Jessica. Hi!” She answered him with a nod, clearly not minding their presence. “We heard what happened, a friend of ours was there and he told us how you helped Fany. We sincerely hope that you didn’t get in trouble.” Baekhyun then walked towards her and bowed in an apologetic way. “Ple

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter