Welcome home little boy

WELCOME HOME LITTLE BOY

Leeteuk is always nervous when birth of his sons comes. It was same with their first son and then with his second, third and fourth son. Now with their fifth son it feels the same. His palms are sweating hard, his stomach feels like a knot of nerves and he needs to bite his nails. His husband Heechul is in a delivery room and Leeteuk is dying because of his huge worries which are crushing him.

 

Heechul doesn’t want Leeteuk in the delivery room, he was there during delivery of their first son Shindong and it was terrible so now his husband has to wait outside. He has done this four times and nothing can stop him from having his fifth son. The problem is that he thought that it is going to be easier but it isn’t. Heechul throws his head back and yells in pain while the nurses and doctor cheer up. Finally the air is ripped by a high pitched cry. Heechul collapsed back on the bed and watches a nurse who is examining and washing his new son and the man is holding his breath and silently prays that everything is okay. In few minutes the nurse turned to him with wide smile and tiny bundle in her arms and laid the baby on Heechul’s chest. The man cooed on his son who is still red and wrinkled but in his eyes he is the most perfect baby. 

 

“Hello Yesung.”

 

Heechul tiny hand of the baby and his son wrapped his mini fingers around forefinger of his mommy. The baby doesn’t cry and it makes Heechul nervous. His sons always cried a lot after they came into this world but Yesung cried only for few minutes and now he is calm and asleep. A nurse went to get Leeteuk who immediately ran to side of his husband. He stares on their son and cries in happiness. Leeteuk kissed his exhausted husband and in few minutes Heechul can be moved in his room. He is going to stay at the hospital for few days, maybe for a whole week so the doctors can be sure that he and the baby are okay. Heechul needs some peaceful time only for himself and his son but Leeteuk is going to drive between hospital and home. He doesn’t mind it, it was like this before. Yesung is already swaddled and sleeping in a small crib and Heechul is also on edge of sleep but can’t take his eyes off his son. Leeteuk is his hand and closed his eyes to let the silence to soak up in his body because soon he will need it. Their house is going to be so noisy with four kids and one newborn.

 

Leeteuk is right because meanwhile their house is one huge turmoil. Leeteuk’s mother is going crazy with her four grandchildren who are running around her and yell. Shindong is the oldest one, he is seven years old. Then there is Siwon who is six years old. Ryeowook is five and Kyuhyun is three. Their grandmother is desperate. Her son has just called her that Heechul gave birth and everything is okay but he isn’t going to come home tonight. So it is on her to get the four boys in beds. Shindong isn’t very difficult, he is gloomy that there is going to be another baby in the house but his three brothers are hyperactive and run around the house. Their grandmother is trying to get them in their pajamas but it is impossible. Shindong feels bad for her so he got up from couch where he was sitting and grabs hand off little Kyuhyun who is drawing on the floor. He led the boy in his room and helped him into pajamas. Kyuhyun wants to play but his hyung tucked him in his bed and told him to sleep. Shindong goes back in the living room where are Siwon and Ryeowook driving their poor grandma crazy. Shindong is very responsible for being only seven years old and his brothers look up to their hyung. So when Shindong stands above them they stopped jumping up and down on the couch. It takes one stern look of their hyung and Siwon with Ryeowook are immediately running in their rooms.

 

Heechul misses his sons but he can’t a newborn into the loudest hell which is their house. Yesung is too tiny to be around his wild brothers. They both need some time alone in peace. On the other hand Leeteuk is spending his days at work, at home and at hospital. He is exhausted but Heechul is the one who gave birth to their fifth baby. Heechul’s and Leeteuk’s parents have already visited their new grandson and cooed without a break over small Yesung. Heechul can’t wait for going home. His sons miss him too but they can’t visit their mommy. Leeteuk doesn’t want to cause chaos in the hospital, sick people need peace and his four sons are like little monkeys. Heechul stayed in the hospital for whole week but on Saturday he and Yesung are ready to go home. Heechul packed his bag and dressed Yesung in a baby grow and put a hat on his head and mittens on his tiny hands. The baby doesn’t care that he is going home. He is swaddled in a moses basket and on his pacifier while his proud daddy carried him in their car. He is driving and Heechul is sitting next to the baby car seat. In a short while they arrived home and Leeteuk opened door of their house. His mother gave him exhausted look and goes home, her four grandsons almost killed her and they were at school or kindergarten for bigger part of the week. Leeteuk walked in the living room where are playing his sons and told them to sit down on the couch because they have a surprise for them. The kids immediately sat down, well Kyuhyun doesn’t quite understand why but his brothers sit down so why not. Siwon, Shindong and Ryeowook are thinking about the surprise. Is it a toy? Something sweet? They can’t wait to find it out.

 

Suddenly their mommy walked in the living room with a basket in his hands. The boys want to run to hug their mommy but Leeteuk stopped them. Heechul is still a bit sore and weak after the recent labour so Leeteuk stopped his sons from jumping on the poor man. The kids let Heechul sat down with the basket in his lap and then hurry to him. Heechul is surrounded by his sons whose lips turn into O shape. They are staring on the small bundle with lots of black hair peeking out from the ivory white blanket.

 

“This is Yesung, your baby brother.”

 

Heechul smiled but reactions of his sons surprised him. Kyuhyun looks like he is on edge of tears and grips knee of his mommy.

 

“I am baby!”

 

The boy started to cry and woke up Yesung. The baby’s big, brown eyes are staring on Siwon who is right next to his face and then mewled. Heechul quickly pushed his pacifier back between his small lips and starts to rock him gently while Kyuhyun’s brown hair. The boy is still repeating that he is a baby and it is clear that he doesn’t welcome concept of having a little brother. Luckily Leeteuk picked him up and carried him in next room so his loud crying won’t hurt Yesung. The one week old baby squirms in his blanket so Heechul took off the blanket and let his other sons to meet their new brother. Ryeowook, Shindong and Siwon are hesitant because the baby looks weird. It is so small and makes lots of soft noises. Like a kitten. Shindong soon lost his interest, after all he already saw three baby brothers before. On the other hand Ryeowook with Siwon are amazed.

 

“Where did you buy him, mommy?”

 

Siwon’s innocent question made Heechul blush but then he cleared his throat to explain it.

 

“When two people love really much, then daddy will give a special gift to mommy and after 9 months they have a baby.”

 

Siwon has more much questions but luckily Yesung saved his mommy by loud crying and demands some milk. Heechul sighed and quickly lifted his shirt to feed the baby who is hungry. Heechul knows how things work with newborns - they only eat, sleep, cry and mess their diaper, in this order. Leeteuk in the next room has a vey important discussion with his son. Kyuhyun stopped crying but clings to his daddy and sobs.

 

“Kyu, having a small brother is good. You can teach him lots of things, you will be hyung just like Shindong.”

 

That caught his attention. Leeteuk knows that Kyuhyun loves his big brother and now looks like he is thinking about the option of being hyung. After few more sobs he nodded and hopped of his daddy’s lap. He goes in the living room where is Ryeowook holding the baby’s delicate foot while Siwon is interested in the tiny fingers. 

 

“Mommy, I am his hyung.”

 

Heechul nodded and smiled on his cute Kyu who pressed his nose to nose of the baby.

 

“I am your hyung and you need to listen to me.”

 

The baby doesn’t care and on his pacifier while squirming a bit. Leeteuk hugs Kyuhyun around his small tummy and rubs Yesung’s belly.

 

“You all need to help him getting bigger and stronger.”

 

The kids nodded and Heechul feels that a huge worry was lifted off his shoulders. He was afraid that they won’t like Yesung but his sons look happy to have another brother. Heechul slowly got up with the baby and carried him upstairs in their bedroom where is already standing his crib. Heechul cuddles with him for few more minutes before changing his diaper and laying him down in the crib. He needs to pay attention to his older sons, he needs to ask Shindong how is school going and his younger sons will probably show him what they created at their kindergarten. Heechul sighed because time is flying so fast. It feels like yesterday when they have Shindong and he is already seven years old. He banned himself from thinking about his sons having puberty rebellious years or them going to study on a university. Everything is so fast and he knows that soon Yesung will take his first steps or say his first word ever. He wiped his eyes and smells to the soft hair off his tiny baby. The baby is asleep but Heechul is sure that he can feel all the love which is surrounding him. Lots of things will change with time but their love is unconditional and eternal.