Your first Christmas

YOUR FIRST CHRISTMAS

Leeteuk hates mornings like this one. It is Friday and Christmas Eve is here in only four days and yet he has to go to work. Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, Siwon, and Shindong are going to school and kindergarten for the last time today and then they are going to have almost two weeks long holidays. Leeteuk is also going to take one-week long break because he needs to enjoy the newest addition of their family. 

 

Leeteuk got up at 6:30 and started to get dressed. Heechul is already cooking breakfast and preparing lunch boxes for their sons but Yesung is still sleeping in his crib which is only a few steps away from their bed. Leeteuk cooed silently because their tiny boy is still fast asleep. He would love to stay at home with him but work is work. Leeteuk sighed and at least sniffled to Yesung’s hair for the last time before leaving the bedroom. Heechul has already finished cooking breakfast for everyone and Leeteuk is waking up their older sons. Shindong doesn’t need help with getting dressed but his brothers need help from their daddy. In a few minutes, the boys are entering the kitchen and greeted their mom. They are eating and Heechul finished their lunch boxes and put them in backpacks of his sons. Shindong, Siwon, Ryeowook, and Kyuhyun kissed the cheek of their mommy one by one and grab their backpacks. Leeteuk takes one last gulp of his morning coffee and then kissed his husband while rushing toward their car where are his sons ready to fight over who will sit on which seat. Heechul waved to them and then closed the front door. The man sighed and looked around the hallway. Small shoes of his sons are everywhere, they still don’t learn to put them nicely on the shoe rack. Heechul cleaned the shoes and put the dishes in the dishwasher. Heechul goes into the living room and there are lots of toys scattered around the floor. He sighed because this is incredible. His sons always play but don’t care about cleaning their toys. Heechul can’t leave this mess so he started to collect the toys and then also filled the washing machine. Luckily for him, Yesung isn’t an early bird.

 

Actually Yesung is an incredibly calm baby. His brothers didn’t have not even 10% of his peace. Shindong cried a lot, Siwon did too, Ryeowook was sick for the first few months after he was born and Kyuhyun was simply the most fussiest baby and he still is even now. On the other hand, Heechul is getting nervous that Yesung is so calm. The baby rarely woke up twice per night, usually only once in case he loses his pacifier or if he has to tell them that his diaper is full. Heechul doesn’t know what to think about it but today they are going to visit their pediatrician because all the kids need vaccination against flu so he is going to ask their doctor.

 

The kids are going to be out of school and kindergarten around 12 so he still has few hours to clean the house. Heechul is happy for every bit of work which he can finish but it isn’t fun without Yesung. The baby recently discovered his ability to emit sounds so now he is babbling all the time and Heechul loves it. Yesung is so different from his brothers. Heechul would think that the baby isn’t his because he is so much different. Yesung is developing really fast than his big brothers and it makes Heechul sad. He doesn’t want Yesung to be independent so soon, he wants to cuddle with his cute baby because when his sons found out that they can walk, speak and play on their own they stopped wanting their mommy with them all the time. 

 

Heechul is really thinking about waking up Yesung but fortunately, the baby stirred in his crib and started to cry. His diaper is wet and also he doesn’t like being alone in the small space so he smiled on his mommy who quickly picked him up. With fresh diaper on his bum, everything feels better and he is ready for the first today’s feeding. Heechul sat down in the living room and ed his shirt. The baby immediately latched on his s and drinks while staring at his mom. Heechul is telling him what they are going to do today because today is a really huge day for Yesung. They are going to buy the Christmas tree, the first Christmas tree in Yesung’s life. The baby is listening to him and Heechul feels like he understands him. After feeding him the milk, Heechul takes Yesung upstairs to have a bath. The baby is laughing for the whole time and then he is dressed in a thick baby grow and it is time for tummy time. Heechul laid his son on his tummy on a soft blanket and then laid down in front of him. Yesung is getting stronger with every day and Heechul started to do push-ups to encourage him to sit up. Yesung has no problems to sit up from position on his back but if he figures out how to sit up when he is on his tummy, then the next step will be crawling and then walking. Yesung isn’t fussy for the first few minutes but then started to whine so Heechul grabs edges of the blanket and slowly drags Yesung on the blanket around the room. This made his baby happy again and they can eat some mashed pears. Soon the baby finished a jar of his mashed fruit which his grandma prepared and now he is ready for his nap. Heechul laid Yesung in the portable crib which is standing in the living room and brings gifts for the kids. There are tons of gifts, after all, there are five good little boys and one the very best husband so Heechul has lots of gifts to wrap. 

 

Yesung sleeps for an hour and a bit but then woke up hungry and ready to play. First, Heechul feeds him pureed beef and carrots but then the biggest fun of their days can start. Lots of parents sing lullabies to their babies but Heechul is an extra diva, like always so in his case there are no stupid lullabies but K-pop hits. Today he chose Uhm Jung Hwa. Yesung is sitting in his baby swing and the music started to play. Heechul chose a song called Ending Credit and really put everything into it. He is singing, dancing and Yesung is excitedly clapping while watching his mommy who looks serious and dances around the living room. The first song ended and Heechul is already jumping up and down with all the energy in his body. He is a bit sad that he didn’t have so much energy with his older sons when they were babies but they all drained him so much while Yesung is a little darling. The next song is Playing with fire and Heechul has troubles with catching his breath, after all, he has no members of Blackpink here with him so he has to sing the whole song on his own. The last one is Key’s One of those nights and then Heechul collapsed on the floor, exhausted but happy. Yesung is giggling so much that he slobbers on the white bib which is tied under his neck and Heechul kissed him on his black hair. They need to leave the house soon because of the doctor's appointment so Heechul changed his clothes and then started to dress Yesung. It takes him a very long time because he needs to kiss his small tummy or play with his tiny feet and hands. Finally, he zipped Yesung’s black snowsuit and laid him in his stroller. Only the baby’s face and mouth occupied by pacifier are visible and Heechul threw a blanket over the baby. Outside is cold but they need at least some very short walk. The doctor’s office is only 15 minutes long walk away and when Heechul came, he sees their car standing there. Leeteuk and the rest of his sons are already inside in the waiting room and Leeteuk is equally tired and angry. The boys are bigger brats than usually because they are overexcited thanks to the coming Christmas. Ryeowook and Kyuhyun didn’t want to leave the kindergarten because the playground there was full of snow. Their little brains didn’t realize that the garden around their house is also covered with a thick layer of snow so they put on a fight when their father came to pick them up. At least Siwon and Shindong are good, they are tired from school and also know what is this place. 

 

Their mommy pushed the stroller with their tiny brother inside and then kissed them and asked how was their day. The four boys are immediately explaining what they did, saw or ate and they didn’t realize that the doctor came for them. Heechul pushed the stroller inside the office and holds Kyuhyun on his hip while Leeteuk is dragging Siwon and Ryeowook inside. Only Shindong goes on his own but it doesn’t mean that he isn’t scared. Actually he is afraid but he isn’t a baby and he isn’t going to cry in front of his small brothers. He is acting brave and sat down on a small chair right next to the doctor’s desk. The man smiled at him and thanks to God that at least one of the Park’s sons is being easy. He stabbed the needle in Shindong’s upper arm and the boy bites his lower lip to stop himself from calling out for his mommy. Luckily for Shindong, Heechul hugs him and kissed his cheeks while the doctor put a cute plaster over the small jab. His small brothers are staring on their hyung in awe and Siwon who is copying him in everything, immediately sat down too. However, he bursts into tears right after spotting the sharp needle. A red lollipop from the doctor calmed him down and he sniffles more to get a second one. Screaming Kyuhyun is immobilized by a nurse who is trying to soothe the boy while the doctor prepared the shot. Kyuhyun is yelling on top of his lungs and his brothers stare on him in fear, even Yesung whined in his stroller. Finally, the doctor stabbed his arm and the little boy is transferred into the arms of his daddy. Ryeowook doesn’t fight when he is picked up but cries after they are done with him. Leeteuk is holding Kyuhyun on one arm and on the second arm is sitting Ryeowook who is glaring on the doctor. Now the smallest baby is in turn. 

 

Heechul holds him on his lap and gently holds his chubby arm while the doctor vaccinated Yesung. The baby is confused but then started to cry after feeling a sharp pain in his arm. Heechul winced and started to bounce him in his arms. Suddenly Kyuhyun jumped off his daddy’s lap and runs fast to the doctor and his small fist hit the doctor’s leg. 

 

“Don’t hurt my baby!”

 

The adults burst into laugh because the small boy looks so serious and cute in the same time. The doctor apologized to Kyuhyun who glares on him for the last time and then stands on his tip toes to peek on the baby who is still crying. Heechul Kyuhyun’s hair and thanked him for protecting Yesung. The baby calmed down after his mommy lifted up his shirt and Yesung has a little snack before being changed into clean diaper. They can leave and get in their car because now they need to buy the Christmas tree. Siwon and Shindong are helping to their daddy to find the best tree while Ryeowook and Kyuhyun are hypnotized by a dancing Santa Claus. Even Yesung turned his eyes from mommy’s face and stares fascinated on the red figure. Leeteuk needs help of the vendor with putting their Christmas tree on roof of their car but then they can head home. It is already dark when they arrived and Leeteuk started to build the tree in corner of their living room. His sons are standing in circle around him which is making him nervous. He doesn’t want to fail in front of them and also he can’t curse in front of the kids. 

 

Heechul put Yesung in crib so he can take a nap and then started to bring every Christmas decoration they have in the living room. They have so many boxes with Christmas baubles and tree decorations that the boys spent lots of time only seeing what is inside. The tree is finally standing so they can start to choose what they want to put on the tree. It is the kids job and Heechul woke up Yesung so he can also put some baubles on the tree. The baby’s hands are too small to properly hold the glass decorations so Heechul is holding the baubles from below so it won’t slip out of Yesung’s small hands. Everyone has fun while decorating their tree and Yesung likes it so much that he refused to let go of one bauble so Heechul leaves him to have it, it is unbreakable therefore there is no need to worry.

 

THE DECORATION

Leeteuk put few tinsels on the tree and then gave a silver top star to Kyuhyun. He lifted him up and the boy put the star on top of their Christmas tree. They are silently looking on the pretty tree and then Heechul got an idea. His sons are content so maybe it is a good opportunity to take a Christmas photo. He brings cute elf’s hats and every boy got one. Heechul instructed to sit down on the white carpet right in front of their tree and then kneeled down to take a photo. Suddenly Yesung whined and pulled the hat down. Leeteuk hurries to put it back on him before other kid will change their mind but in minute when he put it on the baby, Yesung pulled it down again. Leeteuk sighed and turned to his husband for some advice.

 

“Put him on his tummy so he won’t reach to his head.”

 

Leeteuk nodded and did what he was told. He hurries out of the shot and sat down next to his husband who is now ready to take the picture. However they both froze. 

 

Yesung really hates the hat or he simply mischievous because the baby casually sit up and threw the hat away. He doesn’t realize that he just overcame a milestone and Heechul bursts into tears while Leeteuk started to laugh. The baby is looking on them and squeaked behind his pacifier because Kyuhyun put the hat back on him.

 

“Bad baby, we all need to wear it.”

 

Kyuhyun scolded his brother who only looks around confused as if he is silently asking his brothers if they saw this injustice. Leeteuk quickly snapped the picture and then they go upstairs to decorate the kids rooms while Heechul is in the living room, trying to calm down his hormones.

 

Every boy chose something in a mall to decorate their rooms and it was quite funny trip to mall. The boys all chose something cute or nice, only Siwon wanted a LED nativity candle. He insisted that the tiny figures are his mommy, daddy and Yesung and didn’t believe when they told him that it is baby Jesus with Mary and Joseph. Few people in the mall gave mean looks to the small boy who said to everyone that he has a candle where are his parents and baby brother. Siwon doesn’t understand that some people don’t like such families like his one. Luckily rest of the boys chose a regular lights like Kyuhyun who wanted a snowman LED figure which is now standing close to his bed. Leeteuk loves to make his sons and husband happy so he won’t mind their energy bill. His sons also have an advent calendars with chocolate in every box. Now only four more chocolates and it is going to be Christmas Eve, no chocolate for Shindong who secretly already opened every box and ate all his chocolates. They are all sitting in Shindong’s, Siwon’s and Ryeowook’s dark room and watch the pretty lights. The kids feel a tingling sensation in their bodies because they imagine all the gifts which are waiting for them. Shindong asked Santa for an iPad and he can’t wait for seeing if he was good enough for getting it. He is lucky that Leeteuk fought with Heechul for a permission to buy it and he won with an argument that Shindong can use an iPad for studying. 

 

After a while they go downstairs where is a dinner waiting for them. Yesung is already bathed and dressed for bed and now he is patiently waiting for his mommy to finish his dinner - a potato puree. They sit down around the dining table and eat. Leeteuk promised a movie after dinner so the kids don’t complain about eating their veggies and finished rather quickly. Leeteuk played Grinch for them and even made them a big bowl of popcorn. Finally he can spend some time with his husband who is putting Yesung to sleep. The baby is very sleepy so he is soon far away in his dreamland, however Leeteuk managed to only steal few kisses before the boys started to call them. The parents sighed and go downstairs in the living room to watch the movie with them. Heechul and Leeteuk squeezed between their kids and Kyuhyun took the opportunity that his mommy isn’t holding Yesung and climbed in his lap. The family is cuddling on the couch while watching the movie and occasionally eat popcorn.

 

Next days are passing smoothly. The parents can sleep more because kids have no school or kindergarten. They also visit Heechul’s family and Leeteuk’s so Yesung was also suffocated by lots of aunts who wanted to hold him and his big brothers were spoiled by smaller gifts and lots of food. The family enjoyed all the fresh snow in their garden and build few snowmen and also an igloo which wasn’t a good idea because now the boys want to live there. Yesung got a chance to play with his first snow too. However his game consisted of trying to sneakily eat some of the white thing which was driving his mommy crazy. A wave of cruel frost came and then it wasn’t good for them to play outside so at least Heechul finished last decorations around the house. Now everything is perfect and the kids are getting restless when they know that Santa is coming soon. And then suddenly the long anticipated day came - Christmas Eve. 

 

It is still too early to be awake, at least for Heechul and Leeteuk. The baby is sleeping swaddled in a new blanket because it doesn’t matter when he will get his presents. Unfortunately Shindong woke up this early. He looked around the room and sees that Siwon and Ryeowook are still sleeping so he tries really hard to fall asleep again. It isn’t easy because he knows that Christmas Eve is here and he gets up from his warm bed. Shindong wriggled his socked feet because he doesn’t want to wake up his brothers but they need to wake up. He can’t survive this excitement alone.

 

“Siwon!”

 

He jumped on bed right next to Siwon who woke up with a whine. He opened his eyes and blinked in the bright morning. Suddenly his eyes widened because he realize what day is today. Ryeowook woke up too but his excitement is significantly smaller because of his sleepiness. Siwon and Shindong sneaked in Kyuhyun’s room and woke up the toddler. Kyuhyun is immediately jumping up and down and together they storm in bedroom of their parents. Leeteuk fell off their bed when the four boys jumped on the mattress and surrounded their mommy. They are yelling that Santa is coming and upset Yesung. The baby sat up, great skill to angrily glare on his brothers over the soft crib bumpers. Leeteuk quickly picked him up and chased away the loud boys. Luckily he has one weapon which always works. Cartoons. His sons are immediately silent and he goes to cook a breakfast while Heechul changed Yesung’s diaper and nursed his baby in silence of their empty bedroom. In a while they are ready to go downstairs where is Leeteuk working like a machine for making toasts with whatever his sons want on top. Everyone is silently munching on their toasts and drink cocoa so Leeteuk can prepare his morning coffee. Yesung is sitting in his highchair and Heechul is cooking something on the stove so the baby’s attention is turned to his daddy. Leeteuk makes silly faces and got a wide toothless smile from his son who is slobbering on his teething ring. The baby looks on his brothers and daddy who are eating and whined. Leeteuk finds it so hard to say no to a baby, moreover Yesung is so cute while making grabby hands but he has to be stern. Yesung isn’t ready for food like this but luckily Heechul is back with a bowl of oatmeal for him. He started to spoon-feed Yesung and baby talks with him to keep the baby happy. After breakfast Leeteuk takes the older sons to play outside for a while and Yesung is alone with his mommy. Heechul really misses singing to him so maybe now they can sing one or two quick songs. MAMAMOO and their gogobebe comes first and have a great success on Yesung’s side. Ailee’s Room Shaker is next but Heechul doesn’t have the chance to finish the second song because someone started to laugh behind him. He whipped his head around to face the intruders. Leeteuk is almost dying because of how hard he is laughing and his sons are only giggling. 

 

“Hey! This is the example you are giving to our sons?!”

 

Heechul angrily turned off the music and Leeteuk tries to calm down. Ryeowook secretly finds it great because he has never thought about this before so he asks his mommy if he was also doing this when he was a baby.

“I tried to do this with all of you but you didn’t appreciate my singing and dancing skills and cried every time when I started.”

 

Heechul picked up Yesung who is wriggling his little hands and kissed his forehead.

 

“Only Yesung appreciates my skills.”

 

Leeteuk sees that rest of his sons are sad and quickly jumped in the discussion.

 

“Maybe that you will like my singing skills.”

 

The boys started to beg their daddy to sing and dance for them and Leeteuk knows that he has to be better than Heechul. This competition is crucial for them to show who is more talented. 

 

Leeteuk stretched his limbs and claps his hands to get attention of his sons.

 

“Little kids like you don’t know Sechs Lies or Eun Jiwon but they were king of pop when I was a teenager.”

 

Leeteuk started to sing I’m on fire. Shindong started to laugh because his dad looks ridiculous while Siwon and Ryeowook are clapping their hands and Kyuhyun is doing some random moves next to his daddy. Heechul needs to laugh too but this also reminds him how they danced in night clubs before they got too old for that. Their competition continues until they both got too tired to move and the kids started to dance too. Heechul and Leeteuk prepared a quick lunch - pasta with cheese and broccoli. After lunch Yesung is laid in his crib to take a nap and the baby immediately dropped off. Leeteuk started to cook their festive dinner, because it won’t be really a dinner. It is going to be early because of the baby’s early bed time. The kids are watching on some Christmas cartoons while their parents cook and prepare outfits for everyone. Shindong helped them to lay the table and then tastes every meal which they are preparing. Leeteuk takes small Kyuhyun and Ryeowook to bath them. Heechul bought cute jumper for everyone so right after Leeteuk finished bathing them, he dressed Kyuhyun in black pants and blue jumper with snowman and Ryeowook is dressed in black pants and red jumper with reindeer. Shindong took a shower on his own and then got dressed in pair of grey pants and white jumper with Christmas tree on chest. Siwon doesn’t want to bath because he wants his gifts right now but after a while Leeteuk managed to dress him in grey pants and green jumper with Santa. Heechul checked if is the dining table ready and then goes to get dressed too. Leeteuk sat his sons around the table and then carried all the gifts in the living room and put them under their tree. Heechul comes down with their little baby who is wearing the cutest outfit in the universe.

THE OUTFIT

 

Heechul sat the baby in his highchair and they started to eat. Kyuhyun and Ryeowook are messily eating while Siwon and Shindong are properly using cutlery. Yesung is enjoying his puree meat and Heechul is feeding the smallest baby while also taking mouthful of their dinner. After finishing all the delicious food, Leeteuk wipes Kyuhyun’s and Ryeowook’s mouths and hands. The kids are wriggling in excitement and finally their parents act like they heard Santa Claus on roof of their house. Their sons are bulging their eyes and try to also hear Santa but then Leeteuk opened the door leading in the living room. Heechul and Leeteuk can’t describe the happiness shining in eyes of their sons when they are running toward the tall Christmas tree with many presents under it. 

 

Shindong, Siwon, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun are tearing the wrapping paper and yell in happiness when they see the new toys. Shindong really got the iPad he wanted so much and now runs to Heechul.

 

“Mommy, turn it on please!”

 

Heechul is holding Yesung in his lap and shakes his head no.

 

“You know that mommy isn’t good with technology, ask daddy.”

 

Shindong hurries to Leeteuk and Heechul sat down on the floor. There are presents for Yesung who doesn’t know how to open them so Heechul is unwrapping the toys for him. He shakes the new plush lamb in front of his baby who immediately hugs it. They all got so many presents and after a while they unwrapped everything so only pieces of colorful wrapping paper left on the floor and the kids are playing. Heechul watches them and Leeteuk is showing Shindong how to use the iPad. Heechul is smiling because his sons are so happy, the only thing he needs and wants is to see them happy. Suddenly Yesung started to weakly cry and Heechul realized that it is way past his bedtime so he hurries to tuck the fussy baby in his crib. Rest of the family goes behind him in the main bedroom.

 

Heechul is sitting on the bed and Yesung is enjoying his last milk before going in bed. He is hungrily on the of his mommy and suddenly his big brother Kyuhyun runs to Heechul and wants to climb in his lap. Leeteuk chuckled because he can’t believe that the boy still wants to insist feeding. Leeteuk picked him up and his hair.

 

“Mommy has enough milk only for the baby. But you can have another cup of cocoa.”

 

Kyuhyun pouted and Heechul feels really bad. He knows that Kyuhyun is big for drinking his milk but how can he say no to the little boy? The problem is that Heechul really has enough milk only for Yesung. During his previous pregnancies, he used to have so much milk that he even donated some to the hospital where he gave birth. Maybe that he is older or something changed because he has much less milk. Luckily for the parents, Yesung seems full for now so Heechul can change his diaper and laid him down in his crib. The brothers are watching the baby who is falling asleep but then their parents hushed them out of the bedroom. Leeteuk Arthur Christmas to keep them silent, the baby upstairs needs his sleep. The kids are exhausted from discovering their toys and cuddle close to their daddy. Leeteuk loves moments like these, no one is screaming or talk back. They are simply enjoying being together and maybe moments like these caused that they have so many kids. Because kids running and laughing around their house make everything so much happier and their hearts are fuller.