Look Yesung, that’s an ocean!

LOOK YESUNG, THAT’S AN OCEAN!

This is Leeteuk’s description of hell. Tons of people, rush and noise. Incheon airport is just one huge hell for him. He is pushing the luggage cart with -ton of suitcases of his sons and husband. On the other hand Heechul is carrying Yesung on his chest in a baby carrier. 11 months old Yesung is okay for now, Heechul gave him a baby calming tablet so he won’t cry and scream in the airplane. Kyuhyun and Ryeowook are holding hands off their mommy and Shindong with Siwon go next to their daddy. All the kids know that they can’t leave sight of their parents. Their flight from Incheon to Denpasar, capital city of Bali, takes around 11 hours so Leeteuk and Heechul packed some toys to keep them busy. 

 

Heechul is carrying their passports and airline tickets in his Stella McCartney shoulder bag and heads to check-in-counter. Their baggages are weighted, labeled and the passengers get their boarding passes. Now it is time for the security check. The lady who is member of security is watching the kids who are walking through the detection frame one by one. The bags which they want to take on the board are all right but the detection frame started to beep when Heechul waked through with Yesung on his chest. The lady stopped him and went so far as trying to touch the baby. Heechul swatted her hand away and pointed at her with his slender index finger. She steps aside and let him to hand Yesung to Leeteuk. After few more tries he realized that he gave his keys to Yesung and they caused the beeping. He gently takes the keys out of his tiny hand and apologized to the lady from security. Finally they can go and the kids immediately spotted many duty free shops. 

 

Leeteuk goes with them and Ryeowook with Kyuhyun immediately want to eat their weight in chocolate. After short fight Leeteuk managed to coax them into buying something smaller than the huge chocolate bar. Siwon and Shindong also chose something and only Yesung has nothing and sleeps on chest of his mommy. At least he can be sure that his hyungs are going to share with him. Heechul is nervous, he doesn’t want to be one of the parents whose baby is crying the whole flight. He knows that his older sons understand that they need to behave when they are around people but Yesung is only a baby. Leeteuk rubs his back and in a short time they can board the plane. They entered the plane and few people are already looking mad after seeing the baby and small kids. They aren’t even loud but passengers are pessimistic about the young kids. Heechul and Leeteuk find their seats, Heechul is going to sit with Yesung in his lap and on his sides are sitting Kyuhyun and Ryeowook. Leeteuk is going to sit between Siwon and Shindong. 

 

They all sit down and Yesung woke up a bit. He looks around and some girl who is sitting nearby immediately groaned. Heechul is ready to kill her but Yesung doesn’t give a about her and grabs his small foot. There are quite many empty seats so Shindong and Siwon can both find a seat next to the window. The engines and the passengers fastened their seatbelts. Heechul and Leeteuk are making sure that their sons are okay and listen to the instructions from the stewardess. Heechul is always nervous that the tiny chance of an airplane crash is going to hit them but the calm stewardess makes him feel a bit better. The plane takes off and Yesung is only curiously looking around. His mommy and daddy were worried that he is going to cry because of his sensitive ears getting hurt by the loud noises but nothing happened. Yesung is completely okay and tries to grab Kyuhyun’s stuffed Shaun the sheep. The boys started to eat their sweets from duty free and Yesung wants something too. Heechul called a stewardess to also get something for the baby.

 

“Please do you have an unsweetened yoghurt? But really, I need a yoghurt without any sugar.”

 

The stewardess nodded and goes to get the yoghurt for the commanding man. Soon she is back with the yoghurt and a tea spoon. Heechul took off the lid and scooped a bit on the spoon and brings the yoghurt to Yesung’s tiny pink lips. In the baby’s eyes this is a treat but in eyes of his brothers this is nothing. Kyuhyun holds his jar of Nutella and dipped two fingers in the delicious chocolate. Heechul isn’t looking all the time so Kyuhyun used a moment of his mommy’s inattention and pushed his fingers in Yesung’s mouth. The baby’s eyes widened when he tasted the chocolate. 

 

The baby clapped his hands and Heechul gasped.

 

“Kyuhyun! No!”

 

It is too late because Kyuhyun’s fingers are completely clean and all Nutella is gone. Yesung cutely laughed while his mommy almost fainted. It is too late because the baby has already fallen for chocolate. Now the yoghurt doesn’t taste so good. Heechul sighed and decided to give up and added bit of the Nutella in the yoghurt. Yesung finished eating and promptly used his diaper. Heechul goes in the tiny airplane bathroom and changed his baby. Meanwhile Siwon, Ryeowook and Shindong are playing with their toys. Shindong and Siwon are playing Duolingo to learn English. Kyuhyun is looking on the people around him and decided to go on a walk. The cute boy is wandering around the plane and lots of people coo because of the boy who is widely smiling on everyone. Heechul walks out of the bathroom and drags his son back to their seats. They still have 8 hours ahead of them.

 

The boys can’t sit for such a long time so soon Kyuhyun slipped off his seat and stands up between Heechul’s knees. He is patting knees of his mommy and giggles on his baby brother. Yesung is on his pacifier and curiously stares on Kyuhyun. His short legs kick a bit and Heechul put him down. He holds the baby under armpits while Yesung stretches his legs and looks around the plane. He caught glimpse of his daddy and makes grabby hands toward him. Leeteuk happily takes him and shows him the offer in the Sky mall catalog. The baby is listening to his daddy and randomly put his small hands on the colorful pictures. The lunch they got isn’t the right thing for Yesung but luckily Heechul still can -feed him. He threw a thin blanket over his chest and relaxes while Yesung is hungrily on his s. The baby’s small but warm hand is pressed on his mommy’s chest and Heechul finds this the best feeling in the universe. The baby fell asleep very quickly after filling his tummy and he sleeps for rest of their flight. They landed on Bali and Denpasar welcomes the family with its hot weather. A taxi from their hotel came to pick them up and the driver helps to put all their bags in the car. 

 

They arrived at the pretty hotel which is quite far from the airport. The hotel consists of many smaller villas and one main building. Each villa has a swimming pool, air conditioner, terrace, bathroom and much more conveniences. The kind and smiling girl who is in the reception borrowed them the prepared stroller for Yesung and then leaded the family to their villa. Shindong, Siwon, Ryeowook and Kyuhyun run around the villa and chose their beds while Leeteuk laid Yesung in the crib in the main bedroom. His sons are tired but there are so many things they can explore. The swimming pool, the garden around their villa and also especially the big fridge full of food and drinks. Heechul goes to lie down for a while and Leeteuk is trying to keep his sons silent while the baby and his partner sleep. The boys changed into swimming trunks and jump in the swimming pool. Shindong and Siwon can swim but Ryeowook and Kyuhyun are wearing swim vests. They play and Leeteuk is paying attention if they aren’t running around the slippery swimming pool and if they aren’t drowning. Meanwhile Heechul woke up from his nap and stretched his back. He yawned and then smiled after looking around the bedroom. His eyes landed on the crib and he silently got up. 

 

Yesung is still peacefully sleeping but his mommy needs to wake him up because he needs to get used to different time zone. The difference is only one hour but Yesung needs to get now. Heechul gently grabs the baby under armpits and picked him up. His small son opened his eyes and whined like a little kitten. He grabs fistful of Heechul’s black hair and his mommy bounces him up and down. Heechul laid him down on the bed and changes his diaper. The swim diaper has cute pattern with dolphins and then he covered the baby with a baby sunscreen. Yesung is laying on his back and kicks his short legs while Heechul put on his swim trunks and then picked up the baby. 

 

Heechul put on his sunglasses and placed a white bucket hat on Yesung. The baby is on his pacifier while his mommy carries him outside toward the swimming pool. His daddy and older brothers turned their heads to the cutely giggling baby and hurry to Heechul. Heechul sat down on edge of the pool and dipped his legs in the cold water. The weather is hot so it is nice to be outside in a shadow of near trees with his sons around him. Heechul gently dipped Yesung’s tiny feet in the water and the baby is curiously looking on the crystal clear water and his mouth turned into O. His hyungs started to fight who will show him how well they swim or who will jump farther. Yesung got a bottle of formula and holds the bottle with his small hands while hungrily . His eyes are wide because of the new noises - in the forest around them are lots of parrots and their singing is so different from bird songs in his motherland. Leeteuk chuckled because of Yesung’s curious eyes and better holds the bottle for him to prevent it from falling in the swimming pool. 

 

First day of their vacation is booked for resting after the long flight and after enjoying some fun in the swimming pool, they all took a bath or a shower. The parents are okay with a quick shower because the smallest sons need their help. Yesung and Kyuhyun can be bathed together and Ryeowook wants to take a shower like his older brothers. Shindong and Siwon can take shower on their own and then get dressed. Heechul prepared the baby and Kyuhyun for the family and Leeteuk is keeping an eye on the older sons so they won’t go in the swimming pool again. In few minutes the family is ready and head toward the main building where is a restaurant. There is a dinner buffet and the kids run to see what they can eat while their father runs behind them. Heechul sits the baby in a highchair and waits for Leeteuk to come back with rest of the kids. Shindong, Siwon and Ryeowook come back with plates full of different kinds of food and Leeteuk is carrying his and Kyuhyun’s plate because he is too small and could drop it. 

 

Now it is Heechul’s turn to go to choose food for himself and the baby. Yesung is bitting on his bib and patiently waits for his mommy. Heechul comes back with creamy chicken and vegetable soup which is okay for the baby to eat. Heechul is feeding Yesung who is enjoying his dinner and the other boys are devouring their food. After dinner they decided to take a short walk and Yesung fell asleep in Leeteuk’s arms. Soon they head back in their apartment. The father carefully laid the baby in his crib and go to put rest of his sons to their beds. The four sons are going to sleep in pairs in two bedrooms so Heechul goes to tuck Shindong and Siwon in their beds and Leeteuk goes to put Kyuhyun and Ryeowook to sleep. In thirty minutes the two tired parents finally lie down in their bed after checking Yesung’s diaper for the last time. They cuddle for a while before falling asleep. 

 

Next morning is sunny and warm. Birds are singing, water in their swimming pool is silently splashing and the four boys are already plundering the fridge. They are drinking orange Capri-sun, Kyuhyun needed help of his big brother Shindong so he wouldn’t spill it everywhere. The kids are silent because their parents would stop them but unfortunately for the little thieves, Yesung woke up. His wet diaper is uncomfortable and he woke up with high pitched whining. Leeteuk slowly opened his eyes and mumbled something incoherent. He drags his tired body to the crib and picked up crying Yesung. He changed the baby’s diaper and then put him down in bed next to Heechul. Leeteuk opened the door of their bedroom and gasped after seeing feast which his sons created. He closed the fridge and sighed. He doesn’t want to scold them and at least they haven’t found the cabinet with alcohol. 

 

Yesung is laying on his tummy and slowly climbed on his mommy’s stomach. Heechul feels the tiny pair of hands on his stomach and smiles. 

 

“Where are you going?”

 

He patted the baby’s bottom and looks in his brown eyes. He kissed top of Yesung’s button nose and then got up. It is time for breakfast so he managed to get dressed his sons and they head to the restaurant. Everyone has whole-wheat pancakes with fruit on top and then it is time for their first trip - The Rice fields in Tagalalang. It is more trip for Heechul and Leeteuk because they want to see the beautiful scenery but at least Yesung doesn’t know how to talk back while Shindong and Siwon are grumbling. There is nothing funny and their parents don’t let them to play in the mud. Luckily soon they have enough photos and head to Ubud Art Market to buy something pretty. 

 

Siwon immediately wants a surfboard which are everywhere. Leeteuk quickly drags him away but then Shindong spotted Barong masks. The masks are terrifying little Kyuhyun so they go to next shop. Leeteuk buys some famous Balinese coffee and chocolate while Heechul is looking on the Bintang shirts and shorts. He also bought Balinese ceramic pottery for himself and his mom. The kids are trying to find something funny to buy, only Yesung is completely unamused and sits in the carrier on chest of his mommy. He is wearing cute sleeveless jumpsuit with lace trim and on his pacifier while his brothers are trying to persuade their parents into buying whatever crazy thing they find. After having lunch, the kids find a store with lots of wooden toys so on the end they are leaving the market with something in their hands, even Yesung got a wooden turtle. They are tired so they head back in the hotel to take a nap. They need to gain their strength back because tonight they are going to visit Devdan show but before start of the show they still get to spend few hours in the swimming pool. 

 

Only Heechul and Yesung aren’t going to attend the show. Yesung is too small for something like that, it is too late and he wouldn’t understand it. They have an early dinner and then Leeteuk left with the four boys. Heechul waves to them with Yesung in his arms and then goes to the reception. He wants a massage and there is no one who could be trusted enough to look after Yesung so the baby is going with him. Heechul is laying on his stomach on a massage table and Yesung is playing with his rattle in the stroller. Heechul loves the nice massage and feels how are his muscles relaxing. He only hopes that his husband and sons have also fun.

 

The kids persuade their dad to buy a popcorn and some other snacks. Heechul said no sweets but he can’t see them now. The kids are eating and watch the show which is a mix of aerial acrobatics and dances from Bali and they are thrilled. The dancers are also using fire so that’s why the show must begin after nightfall. When they arrived back to the hotel, Heechul and Yesung are already asleep. Heechul is tired after the massage and Yesung is simply a baby who needs lots of sleep. Leeteuk silently got his sons in their beds and then sneaked in bed next to Heechul. He used to believe that holidays with kids are hell but after they had their own kids, he found out that it can be fun. 

 

Next day they head to Ubud Monkey Forest. Heechul is clutching Yesung close to his chest and holds Kyuhyun’s little hand. He is paranoid that maybe the monkeys could kidnap his sons. Shindong, Siwon and Ryeowook are heavy enough but Yesung and Kyuhyun are small and the monkeys could easily take them away into the forest. Luckily the animals don’t look dangerous, they are sitting around or climbing on trees. None of them is going to bite his sons. They spend many hours in the forest and even Yesung seems that he is enjoying this. He is making the noises which he usually does when he is happy and also claps his hands. At least the parents have a feeling that the smallest baby is going to remember something from his first trip and first sight of an ocean. 

 

In total the family spend 12 days on Bali but then it is time to fly home. Ryeowook and Siwon throw a tantrum and don’t want to leave the hotel so the crying and kicking boys are carried in car by their father. Heechul hopes that they will stop before boarding the plane but it doesn’t look like it is going to happen. Yesung is also getting distressed by sadness of his brothers and bursts into tears too. The parents are trying to calm down their kids but nothing is working. Then suddenly a Korean pilot who was walking around stopped next to them. Siwon and Ryeowook are listening the man who has a pretty uniform and even let them to try his hat. Their tears are suddenly forgotten and they start to smile. Heechul and Leeteuk thanked to the man and sighed because finally they don’t need to worry. The kids are alright and that’s the most important thing. They board their plane and their flight home begins. Kyuhyun fell asleep while Shindong next to him is reading a book. Siwon is cuddling with his daddy and Ryeowook is annoying Yesung. He is amazed by his brother’s feet and tiny socks. The baby is on his bottle of formula and from time to time kicks his short legs. After a while Heechul stopped Ryeowook because he wants to put Yesung to sleep and it is impossible with the boy who is keeping the baby awake. Yesung fell asleep in few minutes and because it is getting late also rest of the kids fall asleep. Heechul is staring out of the round window and a bit of Yesung’s warm drool is wetting his shirt. Leeteuk turned to his husband and smiles. They were worried that something will go wrong but here they are. They enjoyed great holidays, they are going to land home in a while and everyone is okay. Maybe that they were stressing themself too much over the smallest things but parenthood teaches you to be watchful all the time. But Leeteuk and Heechul are both happy with their life, their sons are repaying them every grey hair.