Proposal

Jasmine

"God! Why is it so cold right now. It's not even winter seasons!"

Dahyun muses as she rubs her palms together while blowing hot air onto them from time to time.

"So Chae, where you going? I heard you took a 2 day leave. Why?"

She then muses as she eyes the woman beside her whom is opening an umbrella because of the little droplets of rain that is starting to pour over the busy city.

"Ulsan. Im going to Ulsan."

The latter smiles as she averted her gaze towards Dahyun.

The older could only shake her head and pat the younger on her shoulder.

"Give my best regards!"

Dahyun muses as she slowly pushes Chaeyeon towards the busy street with an umbrella above her head. 

The younger smiles as she continues to walk towards the valet parking to get her car. As she buckled up on her seat a picture slowly drops from her visor mirror. 

She picks it up and smiles as she saw who it was, in the little paper she's holding.

"Okay! Time to say hello again."

Chaeyeon beams as she starts her engine and drive southwards.

 

 


-

 

 

"Unnie!"

Chaeyeon chimes as she opens the door of a cake shop she has been a fan of since forever.

The little door-chimes took the attention of the shopkeeper and beamed a wonderful smile as soon as she see Chaeyeon approaching the counter.

"What does my little baby need that she even bothered going here from Seoul just to visit this oldie in Busan?"

The older snickered as she watches Chaeyeon roam around her little shop.

The latter then beamed her a bright and tantalizing smile.

"One orange marmalade cheesecake."

Chaeyeon then muses while she roamed again inside the shop. The older beamed a small smile and gave Chaeyeon a nod.

Soon after— A freshly baked orange marmalade cheesecake came out from the pantry. Chaeyeon hurriedly came from behind the shelves of pastries displayed along the middle of the shop.

"Nayeon unnie. This smells amazing!"

Chaeyeon muses as she eyes the cake as if she is ready to devour the entirety of it. Her hands slowly hovers at the top of the cake— a finger ready to dip on that luscious bright sparkling orange marmalade that is lightly dripping at the side. 
It was an enticing view, until Nayeon swats the younger's hand away. Earning a groan and a pout from her.

"I just want to taste the marmalade."

Chaeyeon whines as Nayeon continues to box the cake and secure it with an orange ribbon.

"No! I know who it is for, and Im not letting you have a taste of it until you get to bring this masterpiece of mine to her!"

Nayeon quirks as she raise and eyebrow at the pouting woman.

Chaeyeon then giggled and nod slowly as she picks the box up and examine it. Everything is perfect from the way the box is coated with orange color and gold linings, to the exquisite orange ribbon that is knotted in a pinwheel.

She then beamed a smile at Nayeon who gave out the same bright gummy smile.

Chaeyeon bid her goodbye to her precious senior and hops to her car again, placing the little cake box at the passenger seat.

"Okay little fella! Time to meet her."

Chaeyeon excitedly drove off. 

 

-

 

After almost an hour Chaeyeon reached Ulsan. She checked in at a local hotel down town. 

She looks at the time and smiles as she saw the clock reached 4pm. She puts down her luggage and excitedly exit the said building. She reached for her car with cake and a bouquet of flowers in hand. She carefully place the two things she brought at the passenger seat and smiled brightly at the two little things. She then jogs back to the driver's seat and settled in. She rubs her palm together and started to turn her car key. As the engines started to roar, butterflies started to take over her stomach— she felt giddy. After all it's been quite long since she last visited that place.

Soon the happy Chaeyeon drove towards Daewangam park located at Ilsan dong-gu.

The scene there is something she had always admired. As she approaches the park's entrance, bursts of neon lights greeted her sight, and a group of tourist taking pictures everywhere. She smiles as she remembers how she first set eyes in this beautiful scene.

"This really brings back memory, but we have to go now buddy!"

Chaeyeon muses as she slowly picks up the cake and flowers she prepared. She walks a few more minutes until she reached Daegwanggyo Bridge.

"We are almost there!"

Chaeyeon happily muses towards the cake she was holding. As she crosses the bridge the beautiful rock formation welcomes her as the slowly setting sun illuminates it for a better aesthetic. 

Chaeyeon smiles. Everything in this place reminded her of such good memories.

She started to skip towards a slightly barren cliff site. She then places the cake box on the bench she was about to sit on.

The setting of the sun can be clearly seen at this view point and it's mesmerizing. She heaves a deep breath as she slowly opens the cake box and take a slice of it.

"Im back!"

Chaeyeon beams. 

The sun has already setted and the place is only illuminated by dim night lights. 

"I can't believe you're late."

Chaeyeon smiles at the person beside her. 

The newcomer only shrugs Chaeyeon's remarks and immediately took a slice of cake that Chaeyeon brougth.

"Night here sure feels nice. No noise from honking cars, and the heavens sure are filled with starry night sky. "

Chaeyeon softly uttered as she clasp her hands together. 

Still the woman beside her did not budge, instead she continues to munch on that delicious Marmalade cheesecake Chaeyeon brought. 

After eating the woman then stood up and slowly approach the fence of the cliff. Soft ocean waves can be heard splashing against the cliff rocks. The breeze is filled with the dry scent of the sea and the soft citrus scent of the marmalade cake— a relaxing and serene smell.

"I thought you'll never come back."

The standing woman commented as she grips at the wodden fence. Her eyes slowly darted towards the young woman sitting behind her.

Chaeyeon can feel the gaze of the latter, she beamed a soft smile before she stood up and make her way besides the raven-haired girl.


"Sorry. I needed to clear my mind about some things"

Chaeyeon replies as she slowly hover her huge hands on the old dry wood.

"Is that so"

The latter remained stoic.

"Hmm"

Chaeyeon hums in agreement as her hand— inch by inch, made it's way towards the other lass.

As Chaeyeon's fingertips brushes against the latter's soft white skin, electricity traveled down her spine.

"Hey, are you angry?"

Chaeyeon muses as she grabs unto the latter's hand without even sparing a glance at the woman— rather, she has her eyes staring straight into the dark horizon.

The latter flinch as she felt Chaeyeon tightening her grip unto her hand. She then whips her head towards Chaeyeon and without any hesitation the taller woman smiled at her and gave her the look, as if she was her world.

"Kangchan, Im sorry for taking too long."

Chaeyeon muses again with love lacing behind her sweet voice. 

The impending anger that was boiling inside the woman earlier suddenly disappeared. It is now replaced with a shy smile and a thumping heart.

The stoic demeanor by the woman earlier suddenly change into a loving and understanding smile. 

"Well, you're here now. That's all that matters."

She place her hand on Chaeyeon's cheek and softly run her thumb on the latter's fluffy plumps.

Chaeyeon closes her eyes, savoring the warmth the latter gives.

"That's not ALL THAT MATTERS yet."

Chaeyeon muses as she grabs Hyewon's wrist and places it infront of her lips. Slowly she gave a kiss at the back of the latter's hand making the woman blush. 

"W-what do you mean?"

The woman asked, confused and giddy.

Chaeyeon only grins as she slowly kneels down to her knee and grabs a little red velvet box from her coat.

"Kang Hyewon, I know. I have been away for a few months because of work and I refuse to go back, because this is the reason why. I was planning up the best proposal of my life. I know this sounds stupid and all, but I purposely made you a bit mad just for this perfect day."

Chaeyeon paused as she pulls the ring out of the box with her hands quivering and tears threatening to fall. She bit her inner cheeks before she lets go of the hefty amount of air she has been keeping.

She straight up look into Hyewon's glossy orbs and flushed face.

"I know, Im stubborn at times and I am sometimes a pain in the , hell Im always that troublesome girlfriend but Hyewon. Yes you, Kang Hyewon. You gave meaning to my world and you are the reason that I became who I am today. Will you spend your remaining days with this ."

Chaeyeon lightly pointed a finger at her as she sniffs.

"Will you agree to spend an eternity with a stubborn human like me? Will you marry me?"

Chaeyeon then lets out the biggest question anyone has to face. A question for another step in their lives, together.

Hyewon's tears started to flow as she smiles in pure ecstacy. Her mind is going blank but she still managed to let out a whimper while saying yes.

Chaeyeon's eyes widens as shock takes over her body.

Suddenly her tears flow the same ways as that of the woman infront of her. She hurriedly put the ring on Hyewon's finger and stood up to give the girl a tight hug— their tears staining each other's clothes but they couldn't care anyless.

As soon as they parted from each other's warmth, soft plumps landed on Hyewon's lips as her face feels the extra tears coming from the latter whom is now lovingly kissing her.

As the two parted their lips, Hyewon took the initiative to connect their foreheads, they slowly swayed with the rhythm of the ocean waves.

"You really pick this spot huh."

Hyewon whispers as she closes the gap between them. 

Chaeyeon could only let out her boisterous laugh and nod.

"This place holds a special meaning to me, to us."

She answers back to Hyewon with a reminiscing smile. 

"I know. After all. This is the place where you first asks me to be your girl."

Chaeyeon just gave out a heartily smile.

Both enjoying each other in the place where it all started for them, with the sky, the stars and the sea as their witnesses.

Their hearts once again connected in another stronger and unbreakable bond.