The Home

Musical Imperialism

Cathar's house in it of itself is rather interesting. There's hallways going from one area to another, a massive kitchen with these things callled ovens and other things called a sink, the food modulators that's on board our ships don't have those sorts of things. Then there's the backyard. It's like some sort of recreational paradise. There's this thing called a hot tub, where people go inside of to be warm. There's another thing called a pool that people swim in. There's no holo area, but this entire area is so cool! It's even cooler than where we were before too. All of a sudden a very sweet looking lady comes over to Cathar and I. 

"Cathar, looks like you have come home, and who do I have the pleasure of serving," the lady then says.

"My..." I try to say.

"This is Bass. Bass comes from up north," Cathar interupts, "Clair, Bass. Bass, Clair."

I giggle, "Bass Clairinet!" I yell.

Cathar and Clair both give me a weird look.

"What's a bass clarinet, and how is that funny?" Clair asks.

"Oh um, it's uh something that we have up north," I respond.

"We don't have a 'bass clarinet' down here, what does it do?" Cathar asks.

"It uh, allows us to store fish in a safe and appropiate manner," I lie.

"Interesting, here in the central, we're always curious as to when something new comes along," Cathar says.

"Since the government refuses to spend money on developing new technologies, their hasn't been any sort of a revolutionary invention that has changed our society, this has been our world for the past 30 years," Clair then says.

"Is there a reason why the government won't spend money on new technology?" I ask.

"The government is focused on expanding the central capital, where we are," Cathar explains, "People have tried to convince them otherwise, but everyone who tried has failed. Whenever someone protests, that person 'mysteriously disapears' or it results in The War."

Clair suddenly closes her eyes and inhales.

"Don't worry, Clair is just calming herself," Cathar then tells me.

Odd way of calming, in Planet Fleet we just use these pills that will immediately calm us down if we're stressed out. Clair then opens her eyes, seemingly refreshed.

"Any other questions we can answer for you Bass? You guys up north must be really disconnected from everything," Clair asks.

"Of course, we don't get the same newspaper as the rest of you. Anyone, I have one more, why hasn't the people been developing new technologies," I ask.

"Well..." Clair begins.

"It's because their are no schools being built, no one is being educated outside of homeschooling. No one is being given the nessacary brainpower to be able to know how to make new things that haven't been seen before," Cathar says rather aggresively, "If that ..."

"Cathar No!" Clair then tells Cathar, "You know what happenned to everyone else, I understand the way that you believe but we don't want to end up like the rest of them."

"Rest of whole?" I ask.

"Bass, please give us some space, go play in the hot tub," Cathar tells me.

Sure thing, you don't need to tell me twice.