Chapter 2

What's Rightfully Yours

Heavy footsteps invaded the still air. Planted at one of the hills, is a flag familiar to them - a red flag that is not theirs. Definitely not one of theirs. As if saying that the place is no longer theirs. How dare they?

 

General Kim Jun Myeon yanks the flag off, throws it to the ground before stomping on it. Just when will they stop?!

 

The territorial dispute between the Kingdom of Draqua and the eastern kingdom has been raging on for years. Only the military know this. They didn't want to get in the way and cause panic throughout the kingdom, especially when the people are busy for the prince's coronation. Not to mention that there is a rumor about the prince getting married. But as times go by, the neighboring kingdom has become much more agrressive - shamelessly crossing their borders, planting their flags, and as of lately, soldiers camping at the edge of the land.

 

Of course, they won't let them have their way but the Kingdom Dranis's military is beyond talkig to. They have to set up a plan before the eney becomes more aggressive.

 

~...~...~...~

Busy conversations and merry tunes fill the air. The people of the Kingdom of Draqua are busy making sure that everything is perfect for Prince Yukhei's coronation. The kingdom just announced the prince's marriage earlier this day so everyone is extra busy. Good thing the products and materials are on sale to honor such event. It is not everyday that two historical event will happen on the same day.

 

"Yuqi stop cheating off these poor sellers. Let's go! Leader's going to be mad if we're late." 

 

"Oh shush. I'll be there in a sec." Yuqi mindlessly wave her fellow cadet as she scan the candied fruits in front of her. "Besides, what do you mean by cheating off? She said that it's all free."

 

"Oh boohoo. Suppose that it wasn't; aren't you forgetting why we're here?"

 

"Patrol the capitol" The cadet said with a mouthful of candied apples. "This so good! Want some?"

 

Groaning, her fellow cadet rolled her eyes before replying. "If we found out that there are spies within the capitol, I'm blaming you. I don't care what happens to you."

 

"Sure sure sure. If it will satisfy your uptight ."

 

"Yuqi!"

 

The two cadets let out a hearty laugh before going their separate ways. With the threat of war from the Kingdom of Dranis, the military have to be extra cautious with all of the people's movement. They can never be sure when an enemy's inside the city walls. Song Yuqi happens to be one of the cadets who are stationed in the capitol to prevent such thing. Throwing the core of the finished candied apple, a certain movement caught her vision.

 

A woman, by the looks of it, covered by large pieces of clothing from head to toe, surfs through crowd with her head down. That's weird. Considering the current atmosphere of the place. 

 

Stealthily, Yuqi starts to follow her. She struggles to keep up with her as she goes against the current of the crowd. Soon, the woman made a sharp turm towards a corner that made Yuqi run. Don't lose her. Don't risk it.

 

As she enters the small alley, she came face to face with a beautiful woman. She's wearing the traditional color of Draqua of blue and gold and even with a hood to cover her head, her beauty stands out.

 

"Princess Doyeon." 

 

Princess Doyeon, the only daughter of the neighboring kingdom and is to be married to the crown prince. What is she doing outside.

 

Snapping out her shock, the princess held her hand. "You're the kingdom's soldier, are you not? I was just walking in the palace's garden and the next thing I knew I was already here."

 

Yuqi stands still as she let the royalty grip her shoulder while shaking her in panic and anxiousness.

 

"Princess, calm down. I can you back to the palace. There's nothing to worry about."

 

"Oh, thank you." The princess hugs her before they start their way towards the palace.

 

~...~...~...~

"Please stay. Let me return your kindness." 

 

"No need, your highness. Our leader has called us for a meeting and I should get going." Yuqi politely decline earning a pout form the woman in front of her.

 

"Then please, return here. Visit me tomorrow." But before the cadet can answer, a deep voice interrupted them.

 

"Doyeon-ah?" The prince, clothed in the same colors as the princess, approaches the two woman with curiousity written in his face. "What's going on here? Why are you talking with one of our soldiers?"

 

"I got lost in the capital and she helped me get back here."

 

"You what?!"

 

Before things escalates, Yuqi excuses herself and starts to exit the palace gates. As soon as she's out, she lets out a sigh before sprinting to the local head quarters. Oh, Soyeon's going to kill her.