Making Up

My Crush

Yeri was more of a late night owl than an early morning bird. Though she set her alarms one at 6:10 a.m., then other at 6:20 a.m., and another at 6:30 a.m. and so on at an interval of 10 minutes till the clock hits 7:00 a.m., she woke up every single day at 7.00 a.m. in the morning to catch the 7.20 a.m. school bus. But that day she woke up at the wee hours of the day! At 4:00 a.m. in the morning. She tried to sleep again but could not. So she just decided to get up and study which she could not due to her busy mind which was filled with thoughts of a certain Mr. Jeon Jungkook, the fact that he was her benchmate and his little laugh that ringed in her ears and the angel-like wide smile that he sported after Jaehyun scared her the day before.

As Yeri entered her class her heart thumped very fast. She could infact hear her own heartbeat. And the fact that Jungkook was already there when she entered and was sitting on the chair with Sehun and Jaehyun beside him did not help her to calm down at all. It was a visual attack for her to see three of the most handsome similar aged males she ever saw sitting beside each other, talking, smiling and laughing. As she walked to her seat her heart was almost leaping out of her body. When she reached her bench, Jaehyun hugged her and said, "Morning Little Yeriana Angel." Yeri hugged him back and said, "Morning to you too My dear Valentine Peach Boy." Sehun politely moved and smiled and greeted her in his cheerful yet deep voice. Yeri greeted him back and then looked at Jungkook and for a moment she thought there was a very small pang of jealousy on his face which according to her was obviously not possible. Little did she know that he was shooting daggers at a faster rate that Kakashi or any other Naruto characters threw their Shurikens! He smiled and greeted her and that smile took whatever breath she had. She put her bag down on her chair and went to Lisa and they talked about small, trivial matters. As she talked to Lisa, she couldn't help but think about her little interaction with him right now and of course his bunny smile. Suddenly her train of thoughts was stopped as Lisa snapped her fingers in front of face. She then realised that she was actually, unconsciously staring at Jungkook all this time. Lisa smirked at her and she knew she was doomed. But her extent of doom didn't stop at that. She turned to where her seat was and saw Jaehyun was also smirking at her. They would for at least a month or two with this matter. She shifted her gaze from Jaehyun to Jungkook, only to find him staring at her very intently.

As Mr. Bang came to the class, all the students hurried to their seats and the morning prayer was recited. The whole class was silent and the only sound was of Mr. Bang calling out names for attendance and the "Yes Sir!" in reply by the students Suddenly, Yeri heard Jungkook say, "Hi Yerim-ah! How have you been?" Yeri was surprised at two things. One that he initiated the talk and talked normally and gently, withought his haughty tone. Second that he called her 'Yerim-ah' No one except her mom called her with full name. Everyone, even her dad called her Yeri, so it was a real shock to her to hear someone else than her mom call her 'Yerim-ah' Yeri responded with a small yet sweet smile and a meek and shy "Hi!

Then he said, "Truth to be told, I actually hurt your feelings a few times didn't I? You needn't be so polite and not say anything to me and greet and treat me like a friend when I was nothing more than a ty brat and attitude-filled, head-weighted person."

Yeri replied, "That was at a different time. As long as you changed. And you also admitted it, rather than acting like it never happened. So I forgive you."

Though it was okay and Yeri also seemed to be okay,  Jungkook said, "Even if you forgive me, I will have a guilty conscious in my mind and so I really want to treat you, if it is okay by you, will you have lunch with me after school? And if you don't want to you can just tell me!"

Yeri replied, "No, it's okay. It's just that it will be the first time I will spend time with any other boy else than Jaehyun outside the school and also it will be the first time I will eat with you."

Jungkook became really happy and flashed his bunny smile at her. He then said, "Then let's go to the chinese restaurant in front of the school after school is over! The food in "Jiejie's Happy Meal" is really tasty. I have tried it and it feels as if you went to a trip to China and had lunch in a real traditional chinese restaurant. They have Chinese Crepes, Chinese Dumplings, Rice cakes, Rice balls, Chinese Bread Buns, Jajangmyeon and Tangsuyuk and many other things. Thet even sell Jjamppong, Tteokbokki, Gimbap though those are Korean dishes.Okay?"

"Okay!", replied Yeri.

Suddenly he said, "Wait! Do you like Chinese food in the first place? Sorry, I kept on ranting as I personally love it and didn't even consider your taste. So? Do you like it? We can always change where we will go as there are many restaurants around the school. Don't hesitate to tell the truth just because I said I love it."

Yeri found it really cute at that time. She replied "It's okay. Even I love Chinese food a lot. If I order, something to eat, 90% of time it is chinese!" She loved Chinese dishes for real.

"That's a deal then! You promised! Can't back out now! Okay?!"

"Yup!"