Disagreements

Accidental Bride
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello everyone! Hope everyone is having a good weekend and is staying safe and careful in these trying times! Please all stay indoors and well fed! Here is the next chapter of the fic. I will be updating my fics much slower than I had hoped as I have to be in at work much more often due to the COVID crisis now. Apologies for delay but I hope you enjoy the chapter! 

 

Waves of pain shot behind the eyes as a headache throbbed behind a creased forehead. Jinki squeezed his eyes shut with each incoming wave, pressing the pads of his fingers into his closed eyelids, hoping to relieve the pain with sheer pressure. He leaned back against the back of his leather chair waiting for his morning shot of espresso. He sighed in relief as he heard the knock on the door marking his arriving coffee. He frowned when he saw the arrival of his Executive Officer carrying two cups of takeout coffee instead of his secretary as usual.

 

“Minho? What are you doing here?” He asked frowning, looking at his wristwatch. “It’s not yet 9am; why are you not with Jonghyun-ssi?”

 

Handing over the smaller cup of coffee to the older man, Minho said casually “Here’s your coffee hyung. Jonghyun hyung was asked to take the day off to settle by the owners of the kindergarten and before you ask, his friend arrived and decided he will be occupying hyung’s time.” Minho replied as he sat opposite the young president, crossing his legs and sipping his own cooling cup of coffee.

 

“Friend?” Jinki questioned as he drank his coffee. Wincing slightly as a sharp shot of headache flashed through.

 

“Yeah, this guy called Kim Kibum. I checked his background; he’s a fashion designer from Daegu, also has a degree in culinary arts. No criminal records. He’s from a normal middle-class family, an average student and an average designer it seems. He’s decided to move to Seoul while Jonghyun hyung stays with us.” Minho reported.

 

Jinki nodded his head absentmindedly, immediately regretting his action with each increased pulsation of his headache. Sipping more of his coffee, hoping to alleviate his headache, he looked back at Minho with an eyebrow raised, “Jonghyun hyung?”

 

“Oh! Look at that, it’s now 9am. I’m clocking in to work, President Lee. Have a good day President, I will update you if there are any changes to the preliminary reports regarding our branches.” Minho said, quickly standing as he excused himself.

 

Before leaving the room, he turned around slightly and addressed the older man again. “Also, President some sugar might help with your headache since you haven’t had any breakfast as usual.” With that he left the room before the older man could respond.

 

“Breakfast…” Jinki said to himself as he fished out the breakfast bars gifted to him this morning. the bar, he chuckled to himself slightly as he thought back to the morning.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Lee Mansion

 

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun fumbled with his hoodie sleeves as his younger best friend stared him down sitting across from him on his bed. The feline eyed man stared at the top of the shorter man’s bowed head intensely, as though trying to read the other man’s thoughts and feelings. As the silence grew awkwardly, he rolled his eyes as he tugged on the older’s large sleeves.

 

“Hyung! Stop it with your puppy eyes, its fine I forgive you.” He said, sighing dramatically as the addressed man lifted his head, peering up with wide puppy eyes.

 

Jonghyun grinned happily, jumping on the other man with a hug. “Thanks, Bummie! I missed you so much!”

 

Kibum hugged him back just as tightly, laughing he responded “I missed you too hyungie! And clearly you need me, seeing that you’ve got yourself into a mess that you only see in dramas!”

 

Jonghyun sat back on his side pouting, “It’s not my fault Bummie…ok I guess it is my fault since I filled in the wrong form by accident…”

 

“Yeah, how do you even do that? I know you’re not as intellectual as me but even you should be able to differentiate between ‘marriage’ and ‘birth’ certificate!” Kibum reproached sassily.

 

“Yah! I was excited and, in a hurry…that’s not a good combination in my case…” Jonghyun slouched further, pouting exaggeratedly.

 

“Well…at least his assistant is hot. You can always elope with the tall frog.” Kibum said smirking.

 

The older man jerked his head up hearing the comment, “You think Minho’s hot? You were just fighting with him! And you call him a frog!”

 

“I can appreciate attractive features…even if they’re not deserved.” Kibum said, grumpily crossing his arms as Jonghyun laughed.

 

“Yeah, I suppose Minho is good looking but…I think Jinki-ssi is better looking.” Jonghyun said,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter