Chapter 6

My Fallen Meteor

Chaeyoung pouted in dismay as he peeks outside the window of his condo. It was raining really hard. He sighed and blew up his side bangs covering his right eye.

 

'What a lazy Sunday.' He thought as he lazily walk towards his couch and laid down. As he noticed his phone on the center table, he immediately grabbed it to entertain himself by taking selfies and upload it to his SNS. A smirked formed from his lips as he was reading the usual flattering comments he's getting from his followers. 

 

Once he got bored from reading about his awesomeness he decided to find and dial the number of a certain emo penguin living next to his door.

 

"Minariiii," he greeted the girl as she answers the phone.

 

"Chaeyoung..." she just stated from the other line.

 

"It's raining really hard today." He grabbed a throw pillow near him and hugs it.

 

"I can see." Mina answered with her usual monotone voice.

 

"I don't think we can go outside for a date this day."

 

"Yeah. Let's just cancel it today—"

 

"No!—" He suddenly sat up and rubbed his nape. "I mean... maybe, we can just have our date without living the condo." 

 

"A date here?" 

 

"Yes, here in my unit."

 

"Oh okay. I think that'll be a nice idea."

 

"Yeah. We can cuddle all day." He mischievously suggested as a playful smile formed on his lips.

 

"What?"

 

He bit his lower lip before answering. "I said, we can play video games and watch movies here all day."

 

"Oh yeah... That sounds good."

 

"Yeah, the first one I suggested is."

 

"What?"

 

"I said, It's settled. I'll just wait for you here, okay?"

 

"Okay..."

 

"See you later then. Bye!" he just said and didn't wait any longer for her to respond. 

 

He went back laying on the couch smiling widely but suddenly got up again and frowned to himself as he realized something. 'Why the hell I'm smiling like this?'

 

 

-

 

Chaeyoung once again took a glance at a photo from his iPad to copy it through his sketches on his sketch pad. He pressed his lips as he was focus rendering his work while sitting comfortably on his couch when he suddenly hears his doorbell ringing. 'She's here.' 

 

He immediately hide his sketchbook inside the drawer of a small cabinet in his living room and rushes to his front door while he prepares a smile to welcome Mina as he opens the door.

 

"I'm glad you came to entertain me Minari. I'm hella bored here and I--" he was not able to finish his sentence when he saw two unfamiliar girls in a black suit blankly staring at him behind Mina. "Oh, hi." He awkwardly greeted them then curiously stares at Mina and leaned towards her to whisper. "Who are they?"

 

"This is Momo and Sana." Mina introduces her escorts to him as she adjusted her thick eyeglasses. "They are the ones who are looking after me while living with me here in the unit."

 

He slowly nodded and smile at them offering them a handshake. "Nice to meet you two. I'm Son Chaeyoung by the way—"

 

"We know who you are," Sana stated ignoring his handshake offer.

 

He smiles. 'Of course, they know me! Who wouldn't? My beautiful face is all over the country—" he stopped his thoughts when he noticed how the two was glaring at him as if they see all the wrong doings that he had done all his life.

 

He gulped. 'I have a bad feeling about this.'

 

"So, you finally get rid of your two goons now?" He asked as he guided them inside his unit while he tried to ignore the death glare that the two were giving him for an unknown reason.

 

"No, they're just staying right next to our door.." She answered while looking around his home.

 

"Oh, so you actually have four bodyguards with you here?" He asked leading her to his living room.

 

"Yeah." 

 

He took a glance at the two who's following them behind. He leaned towards Mina to whisper to her again. "But why did you bring these two here, I thought we already talked about how couples date? They don't bring chaperone with them."

 

"Yes, but they said I shouldn't be alone with you here." She simply answered as she stop when she noticed a large half-body portrait of Chaeyoung on the wall near his living room.

 

'Awit, did they just accused me that I' might do something to her?' Chaeyoung pouted and put his hands on his waist. As he was busy killing the two Amazonian on his head he got distracted when his eyes shifted to Mina who's currently busy staring at his photos on the wall.

 

Not caring about the guy pouting like a child behind her, Mina's eyes traveled at the other photos on the wall. A sudden smile formed to her lips when she saw a photo of a toddler Chaeyoung. The boy was laughing on the scene while he was holding a paintbrush and color taints all over his half- little body. 

 

"Careful staring too much, you might fall in love with that kid who grown up to be a gorgeous young fine man standing behind you."

 

Mina was startled, she didn't notice Chaeyoung was already so close behind her. She turned around only to see him staring at her with a mischievous smug smile on his face.

 

"And that gorgeous young fine man might be found himself painfully lying on his floor right now if he won't distance himself from our precious lady." Momo suddenly interrupted. Both her and Sana are already massaging their knuckles while starting at the young man.

 

 Chaeyoung bit his lower lip and sighed in frustration before deciding to face them. He force a charming smile to them. "Welcome to my lovely house, by the way."

 

 

-

 

 

"Wow, you're doing really good at this!" Chaeyoung said looking at Mina in amusement. They are now sitting on the carpet busy toggling both of their PlayStation controller from the video game that they were previously playing in the arcade.

 

"You think so?" Mina asked, seriously anticipating for his recognition.

 

"Yeah, you beaten me a few times already."

 

Mina smiles and stares back to the screen. "It's because you taught me well."

 

Surprise from her simple answer, Chaeyoung smiled and lay his right hand on her head to playfully mess her long straight hair. 

 

Mina glared at him quite annoyed with what he was doing to her hair right now.

 

Chaeyoung chuckled in amusement seeing her pouting for the first time. As he can't help himself from what he's seeing right now he moved his hand only to pinch both of her cheeks which is now turning into crimson. "You look so cute with that expression—ouch!" He whined as a pillow suddenly hit his head. 'What the!' He turned his body to see the culprit and see the two-person comfortably sitting on the couch.

 

"Sorry, it slipped through my hand," Sana said without even caring to look at him while Momo, on the other hand, was smirking for he knows why.

 

 Chaeyoung twitches his lips and sighed trying to calm himself from his irritation. "I think, you guys are already hungry, right?" he got up and stretches his neck. "I'll prepare something to eat."

 

 

-

 

'Why the hell did she bring the two Amazonian here?!' Chaeyoung thought in irritation while he was looking in his fridge for the ingredients for the food he's going to prepare. 

 

As he finally collected what he needed he closed the door but was startled as Mina shows up out of nowhere.

 

"Gosh, Mina. You scared me." He said placing his free hand on his chest.

 

"You're going to cook?" She asked. 

 

"Yeah." He shrugged and curiously look around. "Where are your two Amazonian?"

 

"Amazonian? You mean Momo and Sana?"

 

He moves his brows up and down to answer. 

 

"Well, I let them play the console in the living room."

 

Chaeyoung peeked outside from from his kitchen to see that the two were fully engaged playing in the living room right now. He sighed in relief and smile. 'Finally!'

 

"So, you can actually cook? Where did you learn it from?"

 

"Well, when I was nine, me and dad actually went to a cooking class together so we can cook and surprise mom for her birthday." He said as he started heating the pan on the electric stove. "There, I started showing interest to it but not to the extent that it becomes my hobby."

 

Mina nodded. "What are you going to prepare?"

 

"Myeongran pasta."

 

"Can I help you with it?"

 

"Sure of course." He said and grabbed her hands to hand her a knife and two pieces of tomatoes. "Help me cut this."

 

"Okay...." She nodded and stares at him with a serious look on her face. "...So, how should I slice this?"

 

He looks at her in confusion. "I thought you know how to cook?"

 

She bit her lower lip. "Well, I read some books about cooking but I actually  never got the chance to cook." 

 

He nodded. "Okay, okay. No problem, I'll teach you then." He grabbed another knife and stand closer beside her. "So just hold it like this." He said showing her the proper way to hold the tool.

 

Mina was carefully listening and following his instructions. 

 

"You need to slice this in crescent. It's easy, come on, try it." He said and let her do it.

 

She carefully positioned her hand and the tomato and slowly started slicing it. She smiled looking at her first cut then continues.

 

Chaeyoung went to the opposite side of the table from Mina to put some oil on the heated pan and afterward leaned his arms on the table to watch her looking so focus and serious doing her simple mission. "You're doing great." He commented and smiled to her.

 

As Mina was busy cutting tomatoes she was suddenly got distracted as Chaeyoung leaned on the table looking up to her with his visible dimple that is always ready to show off.

 

"Oh, Jesus!" Chaeyoung suddenly muttered as he stares at what she's doing. "Mina, your finger."

 

Mina looks down and to her surprise, she see her forefinger was already bleeding from a cut.

 

"Give me that." Chaeyoung hurriedly come to her patting her bleeding finger with a clean tissue. "Aish, they will surely kill me for this." He stated and quickly took a glance at the living room then without any hesitation he her finger into his mouth.

 

Mina startled from what he did and automatically turns red tomato. "W-What are you.."

 

Looking worried he looks up to her. With a sudden realization from what he did to the girl, a corner of his lips lifted while watching Mina's porcelain skin turns up to crimson again. "So, this is how a golden blood tastes like, huh?"

 

Mina blinked her eyes few times as she was lost for words to what just happened.

 

"And this is what it tastes like when you get hit by this!”

 

Chaeyoung's eyes widened as he hears that familiar voice. He gulped in fear. 'Oh no!' Before he can plan to escape Momo reached his collar and pulled it to give access to Sana to freely hit him with a ladle she was holding.

 

A loud scream escaped from Chaeyoung's mouth as he whines in pain from getting hit by the cooking tool on his head while Mina, on the other hand, was only left dumbfounded from what happened earlier.

 

 

.

 

 

Chaeyoung was walking in the corridor as he gently massage the lump that the two Amazonians planted on the top of his head yesterday. 'Damn it! Those girls were much worse than that two goons!'

 

As he went down from the stairs he sees Mina and her two goons approaching his way.

 

In the university they always act normal like they don't even know the existence of each other, minding their own business like how Chaeyoung is busy as usual filling up his ego while Mina doesn't give a damn creeping people out with her intimidating and usual scary aura.

 

His eyes followed Mina as the girl just pass him without even taking a glance at him.

 

He pouted and about to follow her when somebody pulled him by the back of his collar. "What the!" His eyes grew bigger as he shifted his eyes to the person behind him. "D-Dad?"

 

"Come with me in the faculty room." Jeongyeon firmly said and started dragging his son way to the said place.

 

"W-What did I do?!" Chaeyoung asked nervously as he notices the passing students staring at him questioning his miserable situation. Though feeling helpless right now he still tried to give them his famous charming smile. 

 

Entering the faculty room he was startled when he see ms.Park Jihyo—his godmother and his mathematics professor-- head up high staring at him while comfortably sitting on the couch. 'Oh, . Now I know where this is going.'

 

"Dad, I'm—"

 

"So, you've been skipping your aunt Jihyo's class for this whole month!?" Jeongyeon asked in furious that made him quiver a little.

 

"I-I didn't skip. I was just late and her class doesn't allow late students to enter the class so I have no choice but to—"

 

"You shouldn't have been late in the first place." Ms. Jihyo interrupted with her usual intimidating tone.

 

"Your aunt is right. You're in college now. Stop acting like a teenager lazing off to go to school!" Jeongyeon massages his forehead in irritation.

 

"Dad, it's not that like that. You know, asides from university I still got a modeling job and—"

 

"Then quit that job so you can focus on your study and start taking care of our business!"

 

"What? No, I don't wanna quit modeling."

 

"But you're showing me you need to do so. Your grade is not looking good right now." Jeongyeon said and throw him a piece of paper showing his previous failed examination.

 

Chaeyoung gulped and tried to give a smile at his dad. "Well, at least this is the only subject I failed.”

 

"Aish!" Jeongyeon looks at him as if he was about to attack him. "Not because you're my son I'm gonna tolerate this kind of behavior of yours. I am not gonna tolerate you like your mom always does. Whether your mom will like this or not I'm going to give you a disciplinary punishment you deserve, so that— who's the.." his father's speech was suddenly cut off when somebody opened the door and entered the room without anyone's permission.

 

"I'm sorry for the sudden interruption."

 

Chaeyoung’s eyes widened as he saw Mina standing confidently in front of them with her two goons behind her. 'What is she doing here?'

 

"M-Ms. Myoui?" His father said in surprise and suddenly composed himself to adjust his angry tone to a more polite one. "What brings you here?"

 

Chaeyoung brows frown in confusion as he sees his father smiling greeting the girl. 'What the hell is happening!?' He looks at Mina and went closer to her to ask in a whisper. "What are you doing here?"

 

"I'm saving you." She simply answered.

 

He wrinkled his nose. "What? No, I don't need saving from anyone." He scoffed rejecting her offer just to save his pride. "I'm totally doing fine here—"

 

"You brat!" His father was suddenly glaring at him. "What did you do to the Myoui's daughter this time?!" 

 

Chaeyoung immediately hides behind Mina's back when his father tried to hit him. "Nothing! I did nothing!"

 

"He's right, Mr. Son." Mina stated facing his father. "I came here to say that It's not completely his fault for not being able to attend his classes in the morning."

 

Jeongyeon sighed trying to hide his anger to his brat son. "What do you mean by that ms. Myoui?"

 

"It's my fault. Aside from his modeling activities, I also asked for his time to help me with something these past few weeks."

 

"I told you, dad, I was just helping her," Chaeyoung said but immediately taken back when his father glares at him again.

 

"If you punished him for being late and not attending class because of it, then I think I should also get a disciplinary punishment as well.

 

Jeongyeon confusingly took a glance at Jihyo and shifted back to Mina. 

 

"I was never late but I got a lot of absences. I think that's enough reason to get punished right?" Mina calmly said.

 

"T-That's...." Jeongyeon sighed through his nostrils. "...Please get to the point ms. Myoui.”

 

"Give him a chance. Let him continue his modeling job." She answered. 

 

"But he's not taking his study seriously and he's just wasting his time in modeling instead of taking care of our businesses."

 

"You're wrong Mr. Son." Mina shifted to ms. Park who was just in confusion watching the scene. "Did he ever failed any of his examination aside from your subject?"

 

Jihyo just shook her head. 

 

”Because he’s really bad at math..”

 

Chaeyoung wrinkled his brows feeling offended hearing what Mina just stated.

 

"...but despite that, he always finds ways to keep up with it. To review his lessons he records it to his phone and listens to it over and over again until he memorizes it. That's his way to cope up with his studies between his busy schedules.

 

How did she knew that?' Surprised to what just Mina said Chaeyoung stares at her through her bulletproof like eyeglasses. 

 

"But he can take those time in modeling to start managing our business."

 

"You can't just take away modeling from him. It's his passion, he loves his job. Yes, he's narcissistic, he always prepares himself for hours just to look good in front of everyone. Aside from the camera, he will make sure to please everyone by his look and be always the perfect Son Chaeyoung no matter what situation he's in. Though he's tired from work and just everything happening around him he will surely put a smile around people. He's a man of his words, he patiently tries to keep up to his responsibilities. Knowing him for quite a while, I can see that he's a really hard working person and I think that's one of the very reason he's one of the most in-demand models right now— not just because of how he looks but because how hard working he actually is." 

 

Staring to the girl who just gave him the greatest complement he had ever heard, Chaeyoung massage his nape quiet unaware of his ears suddenly flaring up. 

 

Jeongyeon pressed his lips and took a glance at ms.park. "I get your point. But still—"

 

"I don't wanna be rude but I don't wanna repeat myself, Mr.Son. If you keep insisting then I won't hesitate to take necessary actions to make you comply."

 

Jeongyeon was taken back and took a glance of her two big goons then glare at his son.

 

"What?" Chaeyoung innocently asked.

 

Jeongyeon sighed again. “Fine.. But I want to see how really serious he is...” 

 

"What do you mean, sir.” Mina asked.

 

"Let's see this upcoming examination. If you can make him pass atleast ninety percent of Ms. Park's subject, I'll let him do whatever he wants for now."

 

Mina looks at Chaeyoung and shrugged off. ”I guess there'll be no problem with that." 

 

"Good, it's a deal then." Jeongyeon smiled and offered Mina a handshake. "It's a pleasure meeting you ms.myoui."

 

"Wait—what?" Chaeyoung asked in confusion as he was staring at them. ’Did they just made a deal over my miserable situation?’

 

 

-

 

 

Chaeyoung was walking beside Mina as they walk out of the faculty room.

 

"What?" Mina stops walking as she noticed Chaeyoung keeps staring at her.

 

"Nothing." He said pouting and look away. 

 

"If you're worried about the deal, you don't have to worry. I told you I'm going to help you, I'm going to tutor you."

 

He look back at her looking surprise. ”You're going to tutor me?"

 

"Aren't you listening to me earlier?”

 

“Well, I....” he rubbed his nape while trying to find his word to answer her question.

 

“I think it's my responsibility to do so, It’s partly my fault. You’ve been helping me a  lot in this dating stuffs and I think it’s my turn to help you now.”

 

"Oh, okay..." He slowly nodded.

 

"Okay, so we’re going to cancel our date. I'll start tutoring you tomorrow at your unit after class.” She stated and they were about continue walking when she stopped again and faced him. “We should separate from here now. We don't want people to see us together, right?”

 

“Ah, y-yeah. You’re right.” 

 

Mina just gave him a half smile before leaving Chaeyoung alone and confuse on the sudden random feelings he’s having right now.

 

 

 


-



So, what do you think of Chaeyoung's character here? Is his narcissism getting too annoying to you guys? I love to hear your thoughts on the comment section below :):)

 

Hope everyone is safe. Please, take care everybody!

 

©️kgi_tala