re: member

Whatever We Lose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TIFFANY

 

 

 

 

 

"So... welcome home, Steph. Krystal would be here shortly and even though you guys don't really get along well, she's relieved that you have stopped that job although I'd set expectations that she'll never admit it." Jessica chuckled while getting bottled water from the fridge.

She's really confident and sure of what she's doing, not even afraid even if she is aware of the fact that she just took me from the syndicate that once have abducted me and made me suffer. Rather than me suffering again if they'd ever catch us, I'm more afraid for her. I have nothing to lose but she, she has the world within her reach and yet it's as if she doesn't care one bit and still saved me from that god forsaken hole.

"I have your things on a bellman cart, your room will be upstairs. This is just for the time being, my lawyer had already found a decent place for you to stay. It was originally on lease but our men are already cleaning the place since I brought it for you."
"Jessica! You brought a freaking house for me?!"
"Well... it will be inconvenient for you to argue with my sister everyday so..." she said with her voice slowly fading and even pouted.
"Jessica, you brought a freaking house. A FREAKING HOUSE!" she immediately covered her ears and acted it had just been damaged. I was about to nag at her again when her phone rang.
"Hold your horses, I need to take this call." she said and swiftly lifted the phone behind her ear.

 

 

 

 

 

"ARE YOU ING INSANE?!" Krystal yelled, nearly hyperventilating due to the fact that Jessica might have been noticed by anyone to have been going to an indecent club, not to mention drag away a freaking stripper. And for the record? I feel the same. Jessica must be insane. "Yes! I am with you on the idea of saving your precious best friend but not in a dramatic way like you did! Oh my god, Sooyeon! Are you trying to ruin yourself?! Are you trying to ruin Tiffany as well on the process?! Well if that's the case then go on! Have at it. But might I suggest that you control your actions because the world is watching you Jessica. How could you have been so careless?!"

Krystal reprimanded like an older person while Jessica could only hold onto the hem of her shirt like a defeated kid while Krystal hissed at her.

"I know it already... Don't be mad Soojung~"
"Okay, this must be the part where I start covering my eyes." I injected. Krystal glared.
"Soojung~" Jessica said in her cute voice. This tactics of her is still working just fine so the younger Jung will falter, resulting to Jessica's victory. 
"Fine. Just please, try to be careful next time Sooyeon." Krystal once again reprimanded and the older could only look down and nod. "Now. Where are we?" She said and gave me the smug smile that I've always known as a kid and always seen since I've kept in touch with Jessie.
"Why I believe we're still home." I said trying to match her arrogant posture.
"Um... Is it just me or is that really a whole lot of confidence I am hearing?"
"Good to know that you're hearing is just fine, you're welcome."
 

Before Krystal could even answer back, Jessica stopped the banter in panic. This is how it has always been between me and Krystal. She is always the introvert child that Jessica wants to cherish and protect. So when things between me and Jessica were about to really get better already, there came Krystal who just doesn't like the idea so in the end, me and Jess have decided to stay as best friends. I was just like 17 when that happened and it's been more than 10 years. We were apart for that long, Jessica and I.


Jessica showed me where my room is going to be and announced that she is going to bed already and for me to wake up early since she's taking me to work. Not that I've accepted her offer already but she only wanted me to see and not just in photos but see it personally, the space where she works at. Where she breathes. Were she dedicates half of her life apart from looking after Krystal who, if I may add, is now a famous actress and singer at the top of everything else.


I decided to take a quick warm shower and go on a stroll around the house. Must I correct myself and say that it actually is a mansion and weirdly enough, there's just the two of them. I made my turn and noticed that there's someone lingering around the poolside. See? They even have a freaking enormous pool. Who's gonna use this? I don't know what runs through these sisters' heads but I know for a fact that they are insanely rich.


I decided not to stop over knowing that it is probably Krystal since Jessica have already told us that she's going to sleep. 
 

"Jessica looked for you, you know?" Krystal suddenly said so I halted my long strides and looked at her. "She looked everywhere." She faced me which allowed me to have a heavenly sight of her muscular yet delicate body. "You see, Tiffany Unnie. Bars and clubs are not the kind of place that Jessica would often. But the investigator that she hired, the one that she's been paying for as long as- well, since you disappeared announced that he finally found you. She was too happy. She visited that damned place every night where the syndicate have held you captive due to my advice on not taking you away, so she constantly visited instead. It will only stir trouble, knowing for a fact that it's a god damned syndicate. But she finally took you away. She cares about you a lot so please, don't do anything reckless. Time for Jessica to protect me is long over, I am the one protecting her now. And you know that her taking you away is trouble. We don't know when or what is it that the syndicate might be planning but you know what? They'd first go for Jessica. Because she's the one who took their money bag from them." she said and after that is a long silence.

I didn't dare speak nor make a sound. The silence is deafening. I want to say something. I want to tell her that I tried to stop Jessica too. But no sound came out. Because I know that deep inside me, I am grateful to finally have gotten away from that miserable place.

"You will rarely hear me like this. No. You'd never hear me say this again. But Tiffany, I'm begging you. Don't do anything reckless. Go with her tomorrow, accept the offer. I'd do everything in my power so that the media won't dig deep about your background. Because I know that for sure, after your first debut as one of Jessica's model gets released, you'd be one of the name on top of the search list of people who are mad for fashion."

 

 

 

It was an enjoyable silent ride, not the kind that is awkward. We are using her white Audi convertible with the roof collapsed so we are now enjoying the fresh air as we drive.

"So, how's the work place Jess?" I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter