1. deep in love

e n t r o p y.

"Yes, I’m in love

Even when our hands just touch

I am"

Kihyun snapped out of his thoughts, turning his attention back to the movie, not noticing or paying attention to the other members, who'd been watching him the whole time he was zoned out. He'd been zoning like that since NO.MERCY days, but it was more frequent as of late, MONSTA X noted, but he had trouble at dance practice and rehersals, even on music shows more lately, especially around Changkyun. 
"YAH! KIHYUN! ARE YOU BLIND?" Minhyuk shouted, unable to hold in his frustration with the brunette. "Minhyuk hyung, please don't start this again.." Hyungwon attempted, hoping Minhyuk would just continue the movie. However, Minhyuk simply paused the movie, more agitated with Kihyun, who either ignored or didn't hear him. "Let him fight. He won't get an answer from Kihyun hopefully, and if he does, he'll be more irritated with him, like always. Let him see how it goes, we don't need to be involved unless it goes south," Hoseok said, not wanting to get intertwined in the feud. He'd needed to split Kihyun and Minhyuk's fight, so he was trying to avoid this situation. "I guess.."  was all Hyungwon tried to manage. He knew Hoseok was right, but the fights were frequent lately, and it was frustrating to watch his friends fight this way.

"Hey! Why'd you pause that? I was watching-" Kihyun was cut off before finishing his sentence. "You didn't answer me. Are you freaking blind, Yoo Kihyun?" Minhyuk didn't sugarcoat or attempt to hold back his anger. His voice was full of it, but it had a concerning undertone to it. "Why do you always ask that? No hyung, I can see well. Can we watch the movie now?" Kihyun cooly replied, thinking that this was it. "CAN WE WATCH THE MOVIE? CAN WE ING WATCH THE- NO. WE CAN'T BECAUSE YOU'RE ALWAYS IN YOUR OWN DAMN WORLD, ZONING OUT AND IGNORING US. WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL?" Minhyuk had had it with the younger. It wasn't hate, it was venom laced concern and hurt. Kihyun stood up and exhaled loudly. "I'm fine, hyung. I just have a lot going on inside my head, I didn't mean to ignore you or the others. I'm sorry," he replied, trying to combat the third degree burn Minhyuk's words left with a cool tone. Minhyuk, seeing the looks on Hoseok, Hyungwon and Kihyun's faces tried to take a friendlier approach. "Kihyun.. Please say something if you have a problem going on." Minhyuk's voice lost its venom and anger, this time getting a better response from all 3. 
"Hyung, I understand. I'm sorry, I will try better." Kihyun replied in the same fashion. "Now that you're done talking, can we finish watching Endgame? It was getting good," Hoseok added cheekily, earning laughs from Hyungwon, Minhyuk and Kihyun. 

 

The next day, MONSTA X were gathered at dance practice and were practicing for their comeback. Well, MONSTA X, save for Changkyun. No one knew what had happened to him and were getting nervous, but no one was panicking more than Kihyun. He felt dizzy and like he'd lost someone important to him. This felt like he was borderline obsessed, but was he? Kihyun shook that thought off, his anxiety increasing. He had multiple scenarios in his mind, but tried to push them down. His mind was in entropy, but he tried to keep a level head and told himself that, Changkyun, being himself, probably fell back asleep- which it was often the case with him. He had a habit of sleeping in late. "Kihyun-ah, you look like you're about to throw up, are you okay?" Shownu's warm voice rang out, interrupting anything that Kihyun thought. "Y-yeah, I'm fine! I'm just worried about Changkyun." Kihyun felt his ears burning and his reply earned him a "Okay, I don't know what you're up too, but I'll go along with it" look from Shownu. "Okay.. If you're sick, you can sit down, Kihyun-ah~" Shownu said, hugging the younger. "Thank you, hyung, but I'll be fine." Kihyun noted that Shownu had been doing this lately. What was Kihyun doing that worried his bandmates? At that moment, Changkyun walked in. He looked tired, but to Kihyun, he seemed more handsome. 

And boy, did his heart start racing. Kihyun's face went completely red, his heart ticking like an exploding time bomb, his body feeling like Kinetic Sand, head pounding like a migraine, and his mouth dropping a bit. He zoned out and his head started going crazy. Kihyun attempted to regain his posture and act like he wasn't impacted by Changkyun's looks and actions and basically everything about him. "I'm sorry Shownu-hyung, my alarm didn't go off. I'll be more careful from now on," the younger grumbled an apology and went to fill his waterbottle before practice. Kihyun was about to speak but was pulled aside by Jooheon before anything. "YAH! LET GO OF M-" Kihyun was yet again interrupted. For 's sake, I never get to finish my sentences of protest, Kihyun thought. Jooheon brought him to the room next door. 
"Hyung.. Do you like Changkyunnie? You completely froze up and just gawked at him... Are you g-" 
"Jooheon, I wish I knew. But I have felt like my life is turned upside down since before we debuted. I got to know Changkyun more, and I felt like I started changing. My life flipped and I feel anxious about every ing thing. I feel crazy, I feel like I'm going in a downward spiral, and I don't know how to feel about him. Do I like him? Do I have a crush on him? All I know is that I love him, but I don't know if it's a friendly way, or if it's an actual romantic love," Kihyun said hurriedly, trying to get his thoughts out. "Well.. I don't know. I think you're deep in love, but it's hard to tell what kind of love, besides your "incident" in the practice room. You should've seen the look on your face," Joo snickered, earning a light smack from Kihyun. "You brat! He just HAPPENED to look attractive. Hmph." Kihyun bit back. "That's a very gay thing to say, Hyung." Joo stated. 
"Start running."
"What, hyung?"
"You heard me. Start. Running."
"I'M SORRY HYUUUNGGGGG! I'LL MAKE IT UP TO YOU LATER, I SWEARRR!" Jooheon screamed, bolting back into the practice room. Kihyun started chasing him, however, he slowed down, and instead hugged Jooheon. "It's okay Heony~ Just be careful with your words" Kihyun drawled out his words, trying to warn the younger. 

"Enough playing around, it's time to practice" Shownu said.

And with that, they did.