Lingering Lilac Scent

Polaris

Jinwoo is not a playboy, never, but he’s not that innocent either.

Growing up as the only son, Jinwoo is observant enough to know what girls in general are like - they’re super sweet at times, but can be really annoying the minute after. Jinwoo, with his prolific talent in sport and any physical activity really - was always a popular kid growing up. Not the ‘it-boy’ kind, but Jinwoo was always on the radar for the girls as the “handsome yet quiet one” , “the one who’s so good at sport”, “the mysterious one”. Jinwoo was never short of girls offering themselves to do his homework, giving him tons of chocolates, or sending him letters and cute notes daily. He accepted everything with a smile, never said much to any of them. 

Only few girls made it to his heart. Ae-ra was his first- first confession, first hand-holding, first hug, first kiss, first time getting intimate with a girl. He was a senior in high school and Ae-ra is one year his junior- and they happened to frequently visit to a game arcade in their small town. She is a tough, smart-mouthed girl with an amazing figure, yet so oblivious with how charming she is. Jinwoo enjoyed being with Ae-ra so much - who, by the way, realllly shy when they’re getting intimate unlike her usual smart, snarky mouth - but he quickly grew out of her as their became frequent. Later Ae-ra realized Jinwoo was not into her anymore, and she took the step to leave him first, which Jinwoo is very thankful about.

 

Next there were Mina, Seoyeon, and couple other girls - Jinwoo went through a phase during his hard training life before YG. The last girl who ever touched his heart was Hana. 

 

Hana was also training at the dance academy with Jinwoo - they both experienced so much hardship and difficulties that they went to drink almost every day - drinking their tiredness, sadness, and worry away. Hana is a great dancer -  but her singing is really weak and her skin color is kinda tan- not exactly what most agency seek in their trainee. They met in a small pojangmacha nearby the slum neighborhood where Jinwoo rented a room - after a bottle of soju, Hana is usually spent and ready to just do anything. Jinwoo’s tolerance is high but a bottle is enough to lighten his mood yet sober enough to walk with Hana to her equally small room nearby. Their is usually quick, messy, and desperate - but Jinwoo really loved the moment when they both just laid down and catching up their breathe - and he can smell lilac potpourri Hana put in the desk near her bed.A strong, sweet, heady scent that quickly permeates a room. It’s a memory Jinwoo kept deep inside - a memory of his  peak vulnerability, a memory of his struggling past, a memory of a boy he used to be - until he joined YG. 

 

His life changed 180 degrees when he got accepted - Jinwoo decided he had no time for anything else, all he can see in was his debut. He needed it; he’s thirsty for it. Jinwoo closed his heart and eyes as he gritted his teeth and continue practicing. There are so many gorgeous ladies around him - but Jinwoo isolated his eyes from looking at them. While Tae-hyun secretly dated fans and Mino flirted heavily with trainees - YG and other agencies - Jinwoo turned his back on any of the girls. Yoon has always been the baby in the group and all he care about is their career, while Hoon has a long time girlfriend back in Busan, their relationship is already so deep and quiet- just like what Hoon wants. 

 

Yet tonight, the feeling he had while smelling the lilac suddenly came back crashing like a thunder. 

 

Jinwoo is doomed.