Chap 4

Crimson Apple

In the next few days, the tension between the two schools continued to rise. More fights broke out that teachers began to jump in to stop them, but even then there weren’t enough teachers to stop all of the fights. The majority of the Seoul Central students were able to get away from the fights without punishment, however, the Wangyun students were all given detention where they would have to write an apology letter.

“That’s it, I’ve had enough,” Jooe, a Wangyun student, slammed her hands on the table and stood up from her seat, looking around at the other Wangyun students in detention that was held in the cafeteria as there were too many students with detention that they chose to not have them in the classrooms. “Aren’t you guys sick of this treatment?” she asked. The teacher in charge of their detention had stepped out, thinking of it to be too much of a hassle to have to look over the so-called delinquents.

“Can you be quiet?” Hyunjin who had been taking a nap looked up at the pink-haired girl, “I’m trying to nap,” he yawned.

Jooe pouted, “Don’t you guys want to stand your ground?” she looked over at Stray Kids who all received detention as well, all from either skipping class or coming to school late. Back at Wangyun, Stray Kids were known to be at the top of the pyramid, talking back to the teachers and not once ever following the rules, to the students they were the most respected and most feared. “Isn’t it not fair that you all got detention for skipping class or coming to school late when there’s Seoul Central students that do the same but don’t get a punishment?”

“Well, what can we do?” Somin dropped her pen onto the table, not looking up at the girl.

“Why don’t you guys perform?” Jooe’s eyes sparkled at the band.

Chan scoffed, “Just come to our performances.”

Jooe pouted, “If you guys perform, it’ll show those Seoul Central students that we have something to be proud of too, they’ll respect you all and us. We have to show them that we’re not just delinquents.”

“No,” Seungmin spoke up, his legs were propped up on the table as he leaned his chair back, arms behind his head, “We’re Stray Kids because we’re delinquents did you forget?”

“What if you guys did it without them knowing? Like, make a concert without their permission? You’ll still be rebelling against them and show them what you’re made of,” the girl suggested.

“Tell us when you have that planned out then,” Chan told her before continuing to write.

The Wangyun students were released from detention all at once when the teacher in charge of them had come back.

“Is it fun?” Somin stood in front of the two boys. It was the middle of the day, everyone else was in class, but Somin had stepped out to use the bathroom.

“What?” the blonde-haired boy looked up at her.

“I asked, is it fun?” she smirked, “Do you enjoy picking on people who are smaller than you? Does it make you feel superior?”

The boy let go of the other boy’s collar, standing up straight, staring intently at Somin. “I’m not afraid to hit a girl,” he threatened,

“Then do it, I dare you,” she provoked him.

He stepped closer to her, in a swift motion he hit the locker next to her, causing the male on the ground to jolt up in fear, Somin remained unphased.

“Tch,” the male walked past her.

“Are you okay?” Somin took a step closer to the male on the ground holding a hand out to him.

Carefully he took her hand and stood up, “Thank you,” he breathed out.

“What’s your name?” Somin asked.

“Kim Chen,” he answered.

“If you really want to thank me, then help me.”

“What?” the boy looked at her in disbelief.

She nodded, “You heard me.”

“What do you want?” the boy’s eyes glazed over in fear that his new bully stood in front of him.

Somin smirked, then slung an arm over his shoulder leading him down the hall, “That assembly we’re having this week.”

“Done,” Somin slid the paper onto the table at detention.

The students around her looked up at her, “What’s this?” Jooe asked.

Somin’s lips curled at the end, “The schedule of this week’s assembly. Everyone should come,” she looked around the table, “We’ll be performing.”

Jooe smirked, “I like it.”

Stray Kids looked up at Somin in admiration.

“I don’t think we should,” Jiyun spoke up.

“Why not?” Somin looked at her.

“Just, I don’t think we should,” Jiyun looked down at the table.

“I think we should,” Seungmin turned his attention to the girl, “We’ll perform with or without a backup vocal.”

“What?” Somin questioned, “We’re performing with a backup vocal right?” she looked over at Jiyun who stayed quiet.

Jooe coughed, “Well if no one has anything else to discuss, then we’ll wrap up this meeting. We’ll all be at the assembly supporting you all.”